Author Topic: Would you play this course at night?  (Read 1826 times)

jables

Would you play this course at night?
« on: March 10, 2005, 10:39:57 PM »
I'm going to be traveling through KC next week on my way north on I-35.  I'll hit town around 5:00pm so it will be dark by the time I'm done with a round.  Is it sketchy there after dark?

House

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Cliff Drive - After Dark
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 07:23:40 AM »
Well, I am the course coordinator and I wouldn't necessarily play a round of glow there by myself, but I wouldn't be too concerned if I were playing with a group of people there. Sounds like you will be alone though. Since you will only be playing a couple of holes right after dark I wouldn't worry too much about it.

It is a great course, and I recommend you check it out. If you are concerned about being out there alone, I only live a few blocks from the course and would be willing to meet you out there and play a round together. Having a guide on a new course might help you cut a couple of strokes off your round.

Let me know if that is of interest to you.

House

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 12:20:42 PM »
I agree with House. I wouldn't go out of my way to play a glow round there. But I also wouldn't go play a glow round at Rosedale's Down Under course either. I just don't like looking for my disc. I have been in and around Cliff Drive for a few years now and haven't occured any incidents.
It's not a place I would go to at 1 in the mourning,but I also wouldn't go to hung out on Troost Ave at 1 in the mourning. I think it's one of those thing that if you use your better judgement you'll be alright.
Mike Penney

jables

Would you play this course in the rain?
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 12:37:19 PM »
Well, I didn't get a chance to play the course after all.  When I was heading through KC yesterday, it was raining pretty heavily and I gave up on it.  I'll try to hit it next time.

jables

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 12:04:38 PM »
I got back though KC on my way back from a Thanksgiving trip south and got out to Cliff Drive Sunday 11/27.  It was morning and the temp was a balmy 56 degrees.  I liked the course and would rank it my 2nd favorite KC course after Water Works.

Question: Has anyone ever thrown one into the reservoir? and how does one retrieve it after that happens?

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 03:46:47 PM »
Many disc's have gone into the Reservoir. As far as getting them back most people go over the fence, there are stairs in the middle to get down..
Glad you liked the course, it took lots of help to get it where it's at and has long way to go yet. It certainly will be awsome when it is completely cleared out and you can see all the land thats there.
Mike Penney

mister pfister

No problem...
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 01:08:59 PM »
...I've played Cliff at night three times; twice with Kathy and once by myself. At no time did I encounter anybody, nor did anyone mess with us. I did have Jessie (100 lbs of Catahoula woop-ass) with me, but that is just for insurance. I did see a KCMO cop pass through there, but that's a good  thing. I would be VERY interested in playing an organized 'Glow' roung at Cliff Drive, at any time of the year!