Author Topic: Sad News  (Read 559 times)

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Sad News
« on: August 29, 2009, 03:14:10 PM »
I have sad news to report.  On Thursday morning (Aug 27th) Steve Harris' wife Tracy died.  She was 49.  The memorial service will be held on Monday (Aug 31st) at the Community Christian Church, Bonafils Chapel at 7pm.  This is the white church on the corner of Main and  46th street. 

Steve doesn't come to the discussion board often, but I thought this would be the best way to get the information out to the KC disc golf community. 
Jim Sherwood

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
Re: Sad News
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 04:46:28 PM »
Steve, I'm so sorry to hear this. I never met Tracy, but as we only tend to let special people into our lives, she must have been very special to be in your life. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 08:03:14 PM »
 :'( Yes Steve, am sorry to hear of this sad news...no words sufficient to describe your despair.  Our sport is a supportive one - and playing will help to lessen your sorrow.  I hope to see you out at a course or league soon. 
doc Norby 
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 04:24:17 PM »
Just a bump that the memorial service is tonight at 7pm.  I never met Steve's wife but as my grandmother said, most people attend funerals to support the survivors not necessarily to grieve the deceased.
Jim Sherwood

chi chi rodweez

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 10:30:13 AM »
Jim,

please give my best to Steve when you see him.  I don't see him that often and wanted to let him know i was thinking of him.

tim