Author Topic: what an insane course  (Read 1046 times)

kcRhyno

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
what an insane course
« on: October 07, 2009, 08:09:01 PM »
WOW, just got done playing my first round ever at BV. This course is insane and I wish I would have been playing it all along. This is what Disc Golf should be.  I get why most courses are all Par 3s, but IMO this is what golf is all about.  Granted, the course took alot out of me, im pretty wore out from the long walks up and down the terrain.  definatly worth it though, and I plan on making more trips there, and i love the fact that its less than 8 miles away from me.  I did not keep score, my pencil broke after the 3rd hole, but i did get back to back deauces, which i was stoked about, a handful of 3s, some nice 4s and 5s, and circle 6.  I played alone, would have been nice to have a "guide" but i found all the tees eventually.  one question though... and im sure i know the answer, but ill ask anyway..... what the heck is with all the creepy older gentleman thet either park in random parts of the park or just cruise around.  why is it, that all the wierdos hang around DG courses??  Its like that all over the country, i swear i saw the same few trucks and cars cruising the entire time i was out there.  anyways, for the few of you that have not checked out this course, DO IT!  youll find yourself saying WOW, what a cool looking hole from almost every tee pad you step up on, i know i did.
Ryan "Rhyno" Westa
Do everyone a favor, pick up at least one piece of trash during every round.

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: what an insane course
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 11:09:42 AM »
i affectionately refer to those 'creepy older gentleman' as chesters, hence my avatar

back when the t-pads were being formed work would start at 8am on a cold winter saturday and those guys would be sharp and on patrol. 

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 12:04:05 PM »
It seems that we in fact are infringing on their territory  ;D  hahaha  8)
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

Keizer

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 03:40:20 PM »
Those creepy old men would have been delighted to serve as your guide...