Author Topic: Legacy in the fall  (Read 1298 times)

Ghostrider

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Legacy in the fall
« on: October 08, 2009, 02:40:07 PM »
Went and played back nine at Legacy last night.  The course is mowed and looking good.  This course should be considerable better in fall and winter months.  Throw some slightly off target drives and didn't spend the majority of the night searching for them. 
"The most powerful and predictable people-builders are praise and encouragement." - Brian Tracy

Rand

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy in the fall
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 07:16:41 PM »
I played Legacy a few times last week or the week before and it looked awesome - the best I've ever seen it look.  It was the first time I had played Legacy since spring/early summer when it was shaggy and tick infested.  The city is really doing a great job of maintaining it lately.  Thanks to Palmer and everyone else that called the city to get them on Board with taking care of it. 

Throw in the Pleasant Hill course (which is well maintained - Thanks Dan C.) and its great to be a disc golfer living in Lee's Summit!
Is that pedestrian carrying a disc?

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 03:39:14 PM »
Thanks for the props guys.

The parks officials are seeing our complaints in action, as their offices are at the park.  They see the frustrated players digging in the high grass continually.   They desperately want people to be playing and there will be some changes made pertaining to the high grass maintenance for next year.  There may also be some slight configuration changes made for playability, flow and safety issues.  I think the course offers a unique challenge for our great disc golf area, as it's not just mowed out park land.  The course rewards accuracy and offers you chances to be aggressive if you think you can hit the shots.

Keep on huckin' discs out there.  The city wants us out there and trust me, they see all the suggestions made (and I hear about them).

Brian Palmer
Your humble Legacy Park CC

chi chi rodweez

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 09:28:33 AM »
Thanks for the props guys.

The parks officials are seeing our complaints in action, as their offices are at the park.  They see the frustrated players digging in the high grass continually.   They desperately want people to be playing and there will be some changes made pertaining to the high grass maintenance for next year.  There may also be some slight configuration changes made for playability, flow and safety issues.  I think the course offers a unique challenge for our great disc golf area, as it's not just mowed out park land.  The course rewards accuracy and offers you chances to be aggressive if you think you can hit the shots.

Keep on huckin' discs out there.  The city wants us out there and trust me, they see all the suggestions made (and I hear about them).

Brian Palmer
Your humble Legacy Park CC

Brian Palmer humble?  I don't think so.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 11:55:59 AM »
The only reason he knows what that word means is because Hummel taught him.