Author Topic: Blue Springs Disc Golf Park  (Read 414 times)

Bill the TD

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Blue Springs Disc Golf Park
« on: October 20, 2009, 09:10:01 AM »
Hey, does anybody know what is up with the course in Blue Springs?  I thought the goal was to have done by the fall but I have heard anything about and I was just wondering about a status report.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Springs Disc Golf Park
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 09:14:02 AM »
Theiss, myself, Palmer, and Coffman walked the land last Saturday to make pin placements.  The course is going to need to be seeded before people can play on it.  Right now, with all of the uncovered earth from running the skid though the fairways, people would just tear it up.  John may have a better idea for a timeline, but I don't know if it will be this fall.

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 11:00:08 AM »
Bill, i wish i knew an exact date. however, projects of this magnitude take time.  the parks and rec have done a fantastic job out there.  they have been committed to this project and they have a people working on it everyday.  they do have some other major committments as well so they are spread thin.  one of the main skid workers was out of work for two months so that has stalled the project.  Mach V's powder coated "orange blaze" baskets have been ordered and should be arriving this week or next.  tee sign construction and design is being discussed now.  Tee pads are all installed.  the second pond was recently finished.  Bridge work is another issue and one bridge has the footings poured and finished.  the land will be tilled soon to help eradicate the ivy and then seeded.  i almost wish that they would push the project completion date back to the Spring and keep the ground/grass from being further disturbed.  I think the land looks amazing right now, however being the designer makes me biased.  the same group of  guys has been out there several different times and i appreciate their help and insight. they have seen the transformation.   i will be doing some cutting on Oct 30  at 12 if anyone is interested. 
John

Bill the TD

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 04:45:56 PM »
Thanks for the info.