Author Topic: Club Meeting-Elections Saturday November 7th at Flea Market 5-6:30  (Read 2113 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Location-
Westport Flea Market Bar & Grill
816.931.1986 ph
816.931.1932 fax
817 Westport Road
Kansas City, MO 64111

A cash only establishment!
ATM available inside.

http://www.westportfleamarket.com/

I wanted to take this time to thank everyone who has been a part of the club.  I do not plan on running for any office at this upcoming elections, and as the longest running member of the Club's Executive council I wanted to thank so many of you for all that you do for the sport.  I do not plan on vanishing from the club or the sport, but I am hopeful that I will get more involved with design aspects and am currently in the midst of 4 projects with course design.  Trying to accomplish all of that, and maintain the level of interest within the municipalities that is required for strong relationships with the club is something that is really hard to manage.

The last 10 years that I have been on the board has shown me how great a volunteer organization can be, and also how sad it is that so many within our sport do not realize the contributions that a few make so that we all can enjoy the sport locally.  It seems to be the same people that do the work for the club and in the name of the club, and I am sad that I was not able to enlarge that base even more.  As it stands though, we have grown significantly over this time and I appreciate that.

I ask that you each think about what you can do to help us continue to grow.  In all honesty the best method is to just get new people to join the club and help the cause of promoting disc golf.  Though we work with many parks and recreation departments, we really do a majority of the work on the courses.  That love of the sport and the pride that is shown by us is truly unique and what has driven me to be on this club and help where I can over the last decade.

I am not sure what the future holds for me, but I do know that I have requested community funds to build more courses within the urban core.  I plan on working closely with the next EC to ensure a smooth tranisition, and to keep them abreast of projects that I work on.  I'll still continue to be proactive within my area to ensure the success of the courses immediate to me (yeah I am selfish!  But you all get the benefits as well!), and hope to be able to expand to help us grow even more courses.  We have currently over 20 places to play disc golf in the KC Metro area.  When I moved here in 1999 there were 5.  That success speaks volumes about how many of you love the game, and how you ahve made an impact on the sport.

I ask that you attend the meeting, get involved with your favorite course, and make a contribution to our community and the sport you love.  This is a lifetime sport folks, your ability to play it at all ages will never vanish.  Think about the worlds, ages 7-84 people playing.......You helped to make it happen.  Help to make the next decade even better, get involved, run a course, raise money, join the club, give where you can, time, money, energy, these things are needed to sustain our organization.

This year saw the Kansas City Flying Disc Club put on the BIGGESTE EVENT EVER in the history of disc golf.  Take that pride and share it with your friends.  Get excited, get energized, and help us continue to be the biggest disc golf club in America.  Without each of us, we are nothing, together we are a force that no one else can mess with.  I like that. 

Please come to the meeting to share your thoughts and ideas about how you want to seee the Kansas City Flying Disc Club be.  Bring a friend, and get involved.  Without your participation, we are nothing.  We need you, and the community needs us!

Thanks,

Jack
--------------------------------

KCFDC ELECTION MEETING
Featuring 2010 Bag Tag Distribution
Saturday, November 7
Westport Flea Market Bar & Grill
817 Westport Rd
KCMO 64111

The meeting will begin promptly at 5 p.m.

President Rick Rothstein will give a brief state-of-the-club address before moving on to the elections. This year, we are electing a President, Vice-President of Missouri, Treasurer for two-year terms. We’ll also will elect a Course Coordinator for each course that wants KCFDC representation. Please note that if you want to run for an office, but cannot attend the meeting, let me know what office you want to run for and a brief statement of why people should vote for you. Also, all candidates must be up-to-date on their dues.

The first 43 bag tags are going to the 43 people who finished the recent KCFDC Championships. Others who have prepaid for a tag or intend to pay for one on Saturday will pick from a box. Please note that these are 2010 bag tags. If your dues have expired or are set to expire 12-31-09, you’ll be asked to pay your dues. Dick Parker has once again designed this year’s tag that can be seen here: http://img441.imageshack.us/i/bagtag2010tag44300copy.jpg/

Also, the Club Championship Flight champion’s plaques will be available.

An explanation of why the Club is not able to provide some food or beverage for this year’s meeting will be given at the meeting. The Flea Market features reasonably prices bar food and of course, drinks. Check the Yellow Pages Phone Book coupon section for Flea Market $5 off coupons (and bring the extras!) Their web site notes that they are a cash only establishment (with ATM conveniently located within or nearby).

I’m looking forward to a record turnout for this year’s meeting.

Rick 

Report to moderator    Logged 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rick Rothstein
President, KCFDC

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 04:36:11 PM by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
Re: Club Meeting-Elections Saturday November 7th at Flea Market 5-6:30
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 10:04:57 AM »
I second Jack's sentiments about the KCFDC. Disc golf in KC and surrounding areas wouldn't be the same with out us. Please come to the meeting and let us see the faces of as many members as possible in one place.

Jack, enjoy your break from the EC and we'll see you back on the board in a couple of years (or less).

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 11:10:30 AM »
Speaking of Which, I should post what positions will be up for election-
President
Vice President of Missouri
Treasurer
Course Coordinators-
Swope
Rosedale
Olathe
Down Under
Water Works
WyCo
Blue Valley
Cliff Drive
Yates
Pleasant Hill
Shawnee Mission Park
Lees Summit
Blue Springs

We have also talked about re-forming the EC to create a more manageable staff level.  With courses in the following areas coming as a possibility-
Cliff Drive's Scarrit Park East
Blue Valley Red/Blue
Smithville
Blue Valley Scholastic Complex
Hidden Valley

And the private courses
Teds Dread-Private
Thornfield-Private
Old Pike-Private

We may need to align the metropolitan area in zones.  I first started to think stateline, and I-70 as the divider, but it is hard, so we may have to come up with another plan ( I had another idea of North of I-70, and the State line MO & KS for 3 positions)

As we grow we have issues.  We also will need to become a 501c3 this next year, which should allow us the opportunity to gain more corporate sponsorship.

Please come and discuss what you want to talk about.  Its your club, make it happen!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 12:17:28 PM »
If you come to the elections meeting you will ensure yourself a decent tag.  1-43 are already spoken for so the numbers just keep getting bigger!  We have been led to believe the tags will be here in time to distribute them that day!
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 12:22:33 PM »
There's the kicker to get more folks to show up  :o

If you plan on eating at the Westport Flea Market, check your phone books for Buy-One-Get-One coupons!  8)
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

fisherman bob

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 12:56:11 PM »
I won't be able to attend the Club Meeting as my band is performing that night at The Hideout Bar in Spring Hill, Kansas from 9pm-1am.  Also I will not be running for Course Coordinator of Prairie Center as I'm going to need to take a LOT of time developing my music career.  I'll still be running Saturday league starting 11:00 Saturday Nov 7 and continuing through the Winter.  I won't be disappearing from the club by any means and I'm available to help whenever and wherever I can... 

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 03:37:31 PM »
who is coming then?
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 03:48:16 PM »
I'm gunna be there
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 04:18:07 PM »
I may slink, er, slip away after the son's soccer game and eat a Flea Market Burger!
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 05:55:40 PM »
I'm planning on it. 

Jim Sherwood

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 05:56:36 PM »
I have to work, so I can't be there.  >:(
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 10:09:05 AM »
I'll be there
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 03:25:30 PM »
The bag tags are in, the carabiners are in, the club championship flight plaques are here, and the Club Championship trophy has been updated with Leo D as our 2009 Champion. See you tomorrow.

RR
Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2009, 03:12:08 PM »
Who else might be going tonight?

I'll be there it looks like!

Dan  :o
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

Ghostrider

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 05:32:58 PM »
I had full intentions on being there, but my wife's house project took longer than expected.  I was hoping to meet a lot of you guys.  I can still pick up a bag tag at DGW, right?
"The most powerful and predictable people-builders are praise and encouragement." - Brian Tracy