Now everyone can stop complaining about certain "clicks" holding onto bag tags...
(pronounced /ˈkliːk/) is an inclusive group of people who share interests, views, purposes, patterns of behavior, or ethnicity. A clique as a reference group can be either normative or comparative. Membership in a clique is typically exclusive, and qualifications for membership may be social or essential to the nature of the clique.
1. a slight, sharp sound: At the click of the latch, the dog barked.
2. a small device for preventing backward movement of a mechanism, as a detent or pawl.
3. Phonetics . any one of a variety of ingressive, usually implosive, speech sounds, phonemic in some languages, produced by suction occlusion and plosive or affricative release.
4. any one of a variety of familiar sounds used in calling or urging on horses or other animals, in expressing reprimand or sympathy, or produced in audible kissing.
â€“verb (used without object)
5. to emit or make a slight, sharp sound, or series of such sounds, as by the cocking of a pistol: The door clicked shut.
6. Informal .
a. to succeed; make a hit: If the play clicks, the producer will be rich.
b. to fit together; function well together: They get along in public, but their personalities don't really click.
c. to become intelligible.
7. Computers . to depress and release a mouse button rapidly, as to select an icon.
etc., and so on......