Now everyone can stop complaining about certain "clicks" holding onto bag tags...
(pronounced /ˈkliːk/) is an inclusive group of people who share interests, views, purposes, patterns of behavior, or ethnicity. A clique as a reference group can be either normative or comparative. Membership in a clique is typically exclusive, and qualifications for membership may be social or essential to the nature of the clique.
1. a slight, sharp sound: At the click of the latch, the dog barked.
2. a small device for preventing backward movement of a mechanism, as a detent or pawl.
3. Phonetics . any one of a variety of ingressive, usually implosive, speech sounds, phonemic in some languages, produced by suction occlusion and plosive or affricative release.
4. any one of a variety of familiar sounds used in calling or urging on horses or other animals, in expressing reprimand or sympathy, or produced in audible kissing.
–verb (used without object)
5. to emit or make a slight, sharp sound, or series of such sounds, as by the cocking of a pistol: The door clicked shut.
6. Informal .
a. to succeed; make a hit: If the play clicks, the producer will be rich.
b. to fit together; function well together: They get along in public, but their personalities don't really click.
c. to become intelligible.
7. Computers . to depress and release a mouse button rapidly, as to select an icon.
etc., and so on......