Author Topic: Course Installation  (Read 5165 times)

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Course Installation
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 12:06:32 PM »
Please come on out and help. The parks dept is behind us in our efforts.   We are making great progress.  The park looks amazing.  the fairways are clear of ivy because they tilled up the soil.  However, off the fairways we are waging war and making tremendous progress.  The fairways are growing very nicely, we just want to make sure that when you shank one, you land in safe area.  there will be plenty of shanks and plinko ricochets to be had, so help yourself out now by cleaning up the park.  I got plenty of chemicals folks, i just need more bodies to help.  the ivy will not  go away by itself.  it will only get stronger as the warm weather approaches.  We got the good chemicals to apply, we just need more applications, especially from those of you living in EJC.  This week we are doing our second round of spraying the park.  if we missed you last week, please come out this week.  if you can't make it out this week, i will be working next week for round three of application.  if you can't make next week, i will be out the week of the tournament getting it ready.  After the tournament i am considering retiring.   ;D

jbriz

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 01:52:22 PM »
Count me in for Thursday again. I am HIGHLY allergic and even after running the pole saw, not one single spot on me. Rally disc golfers, as a collective its time to repay the ivy for many itchy days. 

hyzerponix

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 01:56:25 PM »
if anyone can or would help, we will be out at young park again tonight, TONIGHT the 4th, spraying ivy.  please come if you can, the tourney is less than three weeks away and there is plenty of tree line.

bring a sprayer if you have it.  10 bucks at home depot if you don't have it.  Mike Keizer now's your chance.

it will give you a great chance to see all the work that's been done.  you won't be sorry.

Alright, I'll be there. Perhaps we can get a group buy on some Tec-Nu...

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 02:10:35 PM »
there will be plenty of shanks and plinko ricochets to be had

there is no doubt.  there are some tight shots out there. 

Bill the TD

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 02:27:09 PM »
What time are you all going to be out there?

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2010, 02:46:51 PM »
john said he's there at 4:30, i work until 5 at the pit of sheol that is college and metcalf and won't be there until 6.

The Can tankerous A.N.G

• Pro Poster
  • Don't look now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2010, 09:00:28 PM »
JBriz sent me some pics of the holes, and wow! Thanks so much and so looking forward to throwing (and helping) out there.

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 09:00:49 AM »
When do you want to help?  i might be back out tonight.  Are you good with power tools?   ;D

Also, thanks to  Eric Minton, Will Love, Mike Keizer, and Bill Shinoski who came out yesterday and brings the total to 155 hours of volunteer   service.  This is just in the last two weeks.  We hit one area heavily (that i missed on Round One) and then spot sprayed on the holes that were hit last week in round one.  Even after focusing a great deal of time in one area yesterday, we still got four to five holes sprayed.  The areas that were sprayed from Round One are improving greatly and it is becoming more difficult to locate ivy.  We got some really good chemicals from the P&R.   

John

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 07:04:03 AM »
Cant wait for this course to open!!!! Number one it is very close to my home. Number two it looks like it will be very technical course and very fun.
1)Your mother doesn't play disc golf so pick up your trash!

2)Mike Keizer knows all the badass places to eat.

3)John Theiss has plastic and chains running through his blood.

4)Barton knows whats up!

hyzerponix

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 07:09:54 AM »
Cant wait for this course to open!!!! Number one it is very close to my home. Number two it looks like it will be very technical course and very fun.

It's reminded me of the wooded holes at Yates, but like x 1000! ;D

GOT D??? do u

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2010, 10:38:53 AM »
i HOPE this is not another YATES ::)... we have enough KIDDIE COURSES!!! good luck with the grass cuz its to soon for foot traffic... ill be checking it out soon since its a block from my sisters house n perfect for the KIDS...

hyzerponix

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 10:54:32 AM »
i HOPE this is not another YATES ::)... we have enough KIDDIE COURSES!!! good luck with the grass cuz its to soon for foot traffic... ill be checking it out soon since its a block from my sisters house n perfect for the KIDS...

It's a wooded course with grassy fairways-- that's why it reminds me of the wooded holes at Yates. However, that's where the similarities end. If you think Young Park is anything near as small as Yates you've got another think coming. I would guess the holes are on average much longer than Down Under, more like the length of the short pins at Swope, but that doesn't play so easily when the course is wooded and you don't have an open fairway to bomb. All I know Caleb is if you go there and try to drive those fairways 100% with a grunt, those trees are gonna break one off in yo ass! ;D

GOT D??? do u

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 11:04:32 AM »
oh so were talking drones meteors n buzzez then huh ??? i havent checked it out yet so im holding out hope n my BREATH... but if its short like Swopes short pins ill just take the trees outta play n go OVER them!!!

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 12:07:59 PM »
Caleb, play in the tournament and we will see how you shoot.  this is no walk in the park.  Not too many over the top shots.  Any course in town is bettter than no course in my opinion, whether kiddie course or not. Go play yates long pads and see if you shoot -10.   Then you can call it a kiddie course. ;D

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2010, 12:59:57 PM »
Caleb, play in the tournament and we will see how you shoot.

just throw it as hard as you can.  you'll be fine.

use a destroyer or something.