Author Topic: Pay to Park  (Read 7442 times)

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Pay to Park
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 06:11:25 PM »
on a side note,i'm sure i'll pay to play a few times just to play the course

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 07:21:24 AM »
Yes  lets discount our rate so they don't have enough money to mow the grass or keep the facilities running.  I mean we are disc golfers the kings of the parks.  We should be sooooo special.  While the fishers and boaters and beach goers and whatnot should pay double.  YAA!  This is such a great idea you guys.  Lets not forget .  This isn't in the heart of KC here guys.  This is a new town that already is use to paying to be in this park.  They will now have more to do while in it.  It actually just makes the park worth the fee to park IMO.  Stay and play your free courses.  this one will be a pay to park.  this isn't a new concept in disc golf and it won't change for us.  What we will probably do is get the most out of the county in terms of money and put in a great complex.  And you at that point can choose the path you take.  I personally will pay 40 bucks to play there all year round and enjoy it.  I'll even let you ride in my car if you want to go and play for free.  No prob. 
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

hyzerponix

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 07:43:56 AM »
Dick, you sound both angry and sarcastic! Relax, dude. I know you want people paying to use this course because in your head it'll mean that people are paying their hard-earned money to play at a course that you designed! I get it, dude!

Oh, and it's "ANGLERS", not "fishers"...

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 07:52:49 AM »
wow,someone needs to chill,just expressing my opinion dick no need to get sarcastic,i'm sure YOUR course will do fine
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 07:54:43 AM by kidmills »

hyzerponix

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 07:59:59 AM »
Mark, let's just bring our fishing poles and be "fishers" after the round so we feel better about that $5. Ya know, get the most bang for our bucks and all that... :D

hyzerponix

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 08:53:17 AM »
Yeah, I don't appreciate "postal" and anti-police/anti-establishment comments either, but based on things I've said in the past, it seems to be what I'm thought of as by certain people, so... whatever, nothing I can do about it, so it is what it is. No matter how much good you do in life, it's often the negative attributes that people remember most. Nobody is denying your commitment to good disc golf around here, Dick, you're just fun to mess with and I get a lot of that same crap too. ;D

BTW, I can still see your post. Who cares, man, let's just keep up the good work and not get too wrapped up in each other's opinions.

*cumbaya, etc...*

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010, 10:32:18 AM »
The guy with the checkbook is watching everything we do guys...get it?

If so- Keep the good, positive, helpful comments coming on the issues at hand!

Dan  ;)
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 10:45:07 AM »
Actually the comment that was made about guaranteeing your cars safety shoots down my idea of paying to park at all the parks.

The best thing about what Parks and Rec is trying to do is put the disc golfers parking money back into the course.

Is that positive enough for ya Dan??
Steven Disc Glover

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 12:34:50 PM »
whatever it takes, i'll be happy to carpool after i get my permit to park in paradise!
espouse elucidation

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 12:58:31 PM »
i get my permit to park in Paradise....

How soon they forget...just saying!!!  ;)

hyzerponix

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2010, 02:04:46 PM »
I wasn't able to forget seeing as I haven't even been invited out there for any walk-throughs or whatever. Now that I have not forgotten! And it's funny how soon they forget that not long ago someone was crying about not being part of the "inner circle", so to speak. Yeah, how soon they forget, indeed...

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2010, 02:11:04 PM »
Now that I have witnessed the "inner circle" sir...I think I want out!  ;D ;) ;D

bensdadfred

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2010, 06:33:46 PM »
                    Mike, I think that's where KC disc golf is going though. With umpteen courses already,KC is able to cater to all in the spectrum of golfers from casual to touring pro's! Even though you prefer CD or BV over the idea of heading up to God's country, there are still many who yearn for the complex that Dan and his design minion have proposed. Some golfers hope to elevate the sport to beyond the earthy grassroots in which it came.(ABSOLUTELY NO DISRESPECT TO THE FOUNDERS OF THIS SPORT WE LOVE) Smithville will take us to the next level even with pay to play & the next level is closer to the goal..         Dan is the man!  :D
2 Things: Don't sweat the small stuff & everything is small stuff!

hyzerponix

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2010, 07:49:29 PM »
Yeah, Fred, if I want to continue playing I will have to learn to adapt as the sport grows. But as someone who won't be benefitting financially from its growth, I'm rooting against said growth. I do not want to see this sport become corporate and mainstream or anything else that resembles ball golf other than strokes and pars. The only reason I want the PDGA to advertise more is because I'm tired of explaining it to people. Me, me, me, me, me, and some hard work from time to time at Cliff Drive and Down Under, that's it... :D

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2010, 08:16:53 PM »
Mark, let's just bring our fishing poles and be "fishers" after the round so we feel better about that $5. Ya know, get the most bang for our bucks and all that... :D
hey mike hope we don't have to pay by the pound if we catch some fish