Author Topic: Pay to Park  (Read 7057 times)

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
Pay to Park
« on: November 10, 2009, 09:46:15 AM »
Remember, we will all be subject to the Park's Pay to Park concept.

$5 per day or $40 per year. ($30 if you are a clay County resident)

1 person in the car or 99...$5.

Now that being said, remember, I plan to have a big ol stack of yearly passes and you get them by logging a few volunteer hours.

Before anybody starts slamming the idea...that's how this park get mowed on a much better schedule then any park in our system. (I think)

I would gladly make that trade...any day!!!

Comments???

« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 01:04:30 AM by Dan Weinert »
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
Re: Pay to Park
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 10:35:54 AM »
Lots of parks do that. Clinton Lake in Lawrence is like that. A private course would charge at least that much to play for the day, probably more like $5 a head instead of a car load. I don't see it being a problem at all.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

tannerdj

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 10:35:52 PM »
sounds like a good system. let us know as soon as the volunteering can begin. I'd love to come and be a part of getting this course up and running :)
Discs returned: 4
Returned to me: 0 :P

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 08:39:56 AM »

$5 per day or $20 per year.

I WAS WRONG!!!

$5 per day or $40 per year.

I went from being minorly concerned to majorly concerned about this.

I will address this with them ASAP!

We got to have some system in place to take care of the following situations-

1. Tourneys
2. Volunteers

As much work as we are putting into this, I would hate to have this be an issue for everyone.

Stay tuned guys...more info to come as soon as it is available!

hyzerponix

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 08:41:58 AM »
I'm sure they can work something out. I believe the pay-to-park courses in Michigan are $3/car for disc golfers, and they give them a bracelet to wear while on the course. Perhaps Smithville can adopt a similar system.

coops

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 09:13:01 AM »

$5 per day or $20 per year.

I WAS WRONG!!!

$5 per day or $40 per year.

I went from being minorly concerned to majorly concerned about this.

I will address this with them ASAP!

We got to have some system in place to take care of the following situations-

1. Tourneys
2. Volunteers

As much work as we are putting into this, I would hate to have this be an issue for everyone.

Stay tuned guys...more info to come as soon as it is available!

$5 isn't too much to be able to play a nice, well maintained course, and neither is $40 per year. In my proposal I was going to have a section about suggestions for tourneys, but kind of ran out of space. My idea is to work with the parks department and get them to 'waive' the parking fee for DGers (show them a disc or something) but then kick money back into the parks department, like $5 per player, which is more than they would get anyway in order to let them make money too. Or give them some sort of sponsorship option where they can really waive the fee.
Just a thought.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 11:10:28 AM »
You could do another option that works for a few of the parks in Wisconsin.

You pay to park, but you get your tag a little differently.  You put it into a disc golf box, get your parking permit and then that money is guaranteed to go back to the disc golf course.  If you have to pay the ranger station, you simply say "I am here to play disc golf." Instead of getting the standard green parking ticket, you get a special orange one, then if your vehicle is not in the disc golf area, you still show you have paid, but it again accounts for the disc golf dollars that is a new revenue stream.

You could also ask for a discounted park permit, but I tend to agree with cooper, $40 for a year of golf if I lived in the area would be a no-brainer.  You may be able to sell some to the club, or take money the year in advance and see if you could get the park to offer a $25/disc golf permit......just sayin......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 08:38:26 AM »
sounds like a good idea jack,but with all the FREE courses to play,it doesn't sound like you'll get alot of action at this course,i understand why "pay to play",just don't think people will play it that much when we have so many great courses in the area that are free to play
keep up the great work jack
VOTE FOR JACK

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 01:15:57 PM »
I would think that showing you are a club member should grant you a discounted price.
Put a barcode on the back of our bag tags. Scan the tags for the $2 discount.
That would promote bag tag and club sales.
Just thinking out loud.
We can also ask the Parks and Rec. Depts. to charge at the rest of the parks and tell them the plan!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 01:33:34 PM by discglover »
Steven Disc Glover

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 03:33:56 PM »
but with all the FREE courses to play,it doesn't sound like you'll get alot of action at this course,

VOTE FOR JACK

Yea, with 85 water front acres, short tight fairways, awesome water views, color coded t-pads, 3 difficulty increasing courses, side by side and all the necessities right at hand...who would want to come play here?

Oh hold on...EVERYONE WOULD!!!  ;) >:( ;)

VOTE FOR JACK- By all means...at least you got one out two correct here sir!  ;D

hyzerponix

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 03:50:35 PM »
I'm with Mr. Mills on this one. Sorry Dan, you know my favorite course in town also happens to be the most ghetto and roughshod, so I doubt all that fancy stuff is going to entice me to drive all the way out there and pay $5 to park. That's my food bill at the Humdinger or Mexican taco truck! :-\

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 03:54:10 PM »
but with all the FREE courses to play,it doesn't sound like you'll get alot of action at this course,

VOTE FOR JACK

Yea, with 85 water front acres, short tight fairways, awesome water views, color coded t-pads, 3 difficulty increasing courses, side by side and all the necessities right at hand...who would want to come play here?

Oh hold on...EVERYONE WOULD!!!  ;) >:( ;)just sayin my friend...........pay to play at a great course,or play for FREE at a bunch of great courses,
VOTE FOR JACK- By all means...at least you got one out two correct here sir!  ;D

hyzerponix

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 03:58:40 PM »
Another thing: If they're charging $5 to park in their lot, does that mean the safety of our vehicles and contents is guaranteed? If my or anyone else's car is broken into in that lot, is the city of Smithville going to flip the bill to replace/repair our stuff? ???

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 04:02:53 PM »
Another thing: If they're charging $5 to park in their lot, does that mean the safety of our vehicles and contents is guaranteed? If my or anyone else's car is broken into in that lot, is the city of Smithville going to flip the bill to replace/repair our stuff? ???

Probably not but it will be 1,000% safer then most places we play...GUARANTEED!

Just to set the record straight...this is a County effort...NOT City! (Clay County, MO)

hyzerponix

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 04:08:11 PM »
Not trying to tear it down, Dan, just asking the obvious questions. I know this will be a great disc golf facility when it's done, but there's no denying Mr. Mills' point and I know there are others who feel the same way. With parking, gas, and food, I'd be looking at close to $20 per trip out there for a casual round, and close to $25 if there's a league night. Ouch!