Author Topic: Pay to Park  (Read 7598 times)

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
Re: Pay to Park
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2010, 11:00:41 AM »
if there's one thing disc golf could assimilate from professional boxing, is to employ those bikini clad beauties with the round cards. just saying maybe they could be spotters or hold up quiet signs, and eventually carry the final 4 leaderboards. good music may bring a good gallery too.
espouse elucidation

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2010, 11:22:11 AM »
if there's one thing disc golf could assimilate from professional boxing, is to employ those bikini clad beauties with the round cards. just saying maybe they could be spotters or hold up quiet signs, and eventually carry the final 4 leaderboards. good music may bring a good gallery too.

Devulging our secrets again sir...WTF?

Dan  ;) ::) ;)
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

Ghostrider

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2010, 12:06:46 PM »

Finally some forward thinking we can all agree on!
"The most powerful and predictable people-builders are praise and encouragement." - Brian Tracy

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2010, 12:55:18 PM »
yes, because professional boxing is soooo well thought of these days.  ::)  that's really the model i would like to follow.
Drew D Neitzel

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2010, 01:04:25 PM »
yes, because professional boxing is soooo well thought of these days.  ::)  that's really the model i would like to follow.

So if I read you correctly sir...you NOT voting in favor of bikini clad beauties?

hyzerponix

« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2010, 01:04:38 PM »

It's not highly thought-of because it's boring when compared to MMA, which also features bikini-clad beauties between rounds. ;D

I don't know if disc golf needs the bikini babes, though I suppose it wouldn't hurt, but I am definitely with Danger on the music thing! I have played some of my best rounds with the iPod speakers in the bag. 8)

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2010, 01:12:02 PM »

So if I read you correctly sir...you NOT voting in favor of bikini clad beauties?

only serving beer and hot wings away from the arena.  :o not as a part of the competition.
Drew D Neitzel

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2010, 01:56:04 PM »
something disc golf could assimilate from Major League Baseball are the random tunes the keyboardist pipes out of the sound system during the game, i've noticed a lot of people in the crowd (eg gallery) kinda get into this. just saying the national anthem is a great tune to start an event, and then................maybe Tom Petty Learning to Fly, Starland Vocal Band Afternoon Delight, Judas Priest Turbo Lover, just to keep the gallery interested when somebody is taking too long to set up a shot or such.
espouse elucidation

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2010, 01:58:30 PM »
something disc golf could assimilate from Major League Baseball are the random tunes the keyboardist pipes out of the sound system during the game, i've noticed a lot of people in the crowd (eg gallery) kinda get into this. just saying the national anthem is a great tune to start an event, and then................maybe Tom Petty Learning to Fly, Starland Vocal Band Afternoon Delight, Judas Priest Turbo Lover, just to keep the gallery interested when somebody is taking too long to set up a shot or such.

Do we need to put a muzzle on you sir????

You're giving away all our secrets...just saying!!!

Dan  ??? ::) ???

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2011, 10:30:17 PM »
Stay tuned right here!!

We will have the Park Pass Takers (at the guard shack) start date posted here soon!

$5 per carload- Park at Big V, buy some discs, brew, snacks, ice, or hot meal. Jump in one or two cars and come in. (Disc Kiosk going in soon!) (Just like OK Joes!!)

or

$30 per year if you are a Clay County resident

or

$40 if not!

or

At some point, we will be giving some to best volunteer(s) and/or a pool drawing of people who turn in lost fribzees.

Will post final info as soon as everything has been confirmed!

DcW
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 07:55:54 AM by Dan Weinert »

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2011, 07:46:40 AM »
Stay tuned right here!!

We will have the Park Pass Takers (at the guard shack) start date posted here soon!

$5 per carload- Park at Big V, buy some discs, brew, snacks, ice, or hot meal. Jump in one or two cars and come in. (Disc Kiosk going in soon!) (Just like OK Joes!!)

or

$30 per year if you are a Clay County resident

or

$40 if not!

or

At some point, we will be giving some to best volunteer(s) and/or a pool drawing of people who turn in lost fribzees.

Will post final info as soon as everything has been confirmed!

DcW

Once in there, you can boat, fish, swim, enjoy the clean shower houses, camp out, and play on 3 4 5 Disc Golf Courses that never close...EVER!! (Glow action all the time!)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 07:56:09 AM by Dan Weinert »

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2011, 07:52:39 AM »
5 Disc Golf Courses...whatever do you mean?

1. Beaver Creek - White Baskets in the ground now - (18) 10 foot circle t-pads going in soon!

2. Woodhenge-  The very next course going in...give us 8 weeks or so.

3. Black Thorn- In by the fall of 2011

4. Shoreline Drive- Play all the water holes from the first three courses

5. Camp Branch- Once the Complex Courses are done, I will turn my attention back to this course to get in 18 real baskets...with real t-pads. This is in the camping area and could be the best little hidden gem out of the bunch.

Stay tuned - Get Involved - Come see us today!

phineascomehome

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2011, 12:35:22 AM »
Hey dan, I played with you a few weeks ago at beaver creek. It is starting to look really nice down there In woods. Can't wait for the tee pads to come in. and for the next course. Take it easy.

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2011, 11:09:00 AM »
Here is the complete 2011 Fee Schedule for all things Paradise Pointe Disc Golf Complex - Smithville Lake - Smithville MO - USA. From vehicle passes, to boat rental, camping and everything in between!

Disc Golf is FREE but your vehicle will need to pay to enter the park. (No limit on the number of guys you can squeeze in!)

http://www.danweinert.com/downloads/2011_Smithville_Fees.pdf

Enjoy!!

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2011, 11:32:35 AM »
one thing disc golf could assimilate from professional tennis is the line judge, have some dude way up in the air in a lifeguard chair with an umbrella, calling foot faults on those annoying ambiguous jump putts, and taking mcenroe-esque abuse from hot headed pros when somebody calls em out. has anyone ever run into the basket on an eleven meter jump putt? i think so.
espouse elucidation