Author Topic: Lake Perry Course Pics Update  (Read 2772 times)

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Lake Perry Course Pics Update
« on: November 11, 2009, 02:20:36 PM »
I recently went to check the progress at Lake Perry and took some pics.  The pads are poured, and they have done a LOT of clearing on their own out there.  Put it this way... we were able to throw 2/3 of the holes which was unthinkable this summer.  They have the mach 3 powder coated baskets with flags in and ready to be set when things get complete!  We will be scheduling several more work days out there over the fall/winter and hope to have the course ready for a spring tournament.  If anyone is interested in helping with these I will be posting more info on this thread about them, but you may also contact me.  We be opening the course the weekend of the tournament (whenever it is ready).  No baskets will be set until everything is complete and ready to go.   I am waiting on a map from the ranger out there so I can post it and people can navigate their way around the course to check it out.  Here are the pics I took while out there.....

http://s674.photobucket.com/albums/vv101/lsdiscs/Lake%20Perry%20Course/

Let me know what you think!

Bren
lsdiscs@sbcglobal.net

Ash

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Lake Perry Course Pics Update
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 02:41:30 PM »
That should be a sweet course in no time.
Ash Lawrence
KCFDC # 994

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 02:48:49 PM »
I am liking what I am seeing.  Nice pics!
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

kcRhyno

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 09:05:47 PM »
where exactly is Lake Perry?
Ryan "Rhyno" Westa
Do everyone a favor, pick up at least one piece of trash during every round.

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 09:09:17 PM »
I believe that it is northeast of Topeka.
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 10:54:17 PM »
That's correct.  It is in Longview Park on the NE corner of Lake Perry.

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 09:37:40 AM »

www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 09:45:48 AM »

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=lake+perry,+ks&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=40.86791,67.763672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Perry+Lake&t=h&z=12

Actually, you posted Perry, AR......lol.....thought it looked kinda off, when I saw I40 to the north....below is the actual link.
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

Fish

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 10:46:10 AM »
LOL....  Google Maps hates Lake Perry....  it must not really exist....
Nate Fishback

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 12:18:56 PM »
We have a work days coming up for the Perry Disc Golf course the following dates....

This Saturday Dec 5th 10am
Jan. 9th 10am
Feb 6th 10am

Of course these are all weather permitting.  Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  Looks like we shoud be able to get this course up and running by this spring if all goes well.  The corps already has all the equipment (baskets, benches, signs, trash cans, etc...) we just need to prep everything.  Hoping to have an early spring tourney as a course opening.  Will post dates as I know more. 

Please contact me if you are available for any of these work days
785-608-8688
Thanks

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 03:52:39 PM »
Been meaning to post this for awhile now but haven't had time.  I met with the park ranger at perry last friday and thought we would walk through the entire course and get hole placements finalized.  Well, he ended up getting the sleeves and go ahead to do 3 placements per hole so we only got through the front nine.  He showed me the baskets (mach 3 powder coated), benches (16 of them) like the ones at lees summit, trash cans, tee signs, culverts for the ditches, bridges that have been built, and the planks for the bridges that haven't been built.  I know I've already said this, but they aren't sparing any expense on this thing which is AWESOME.  The equipment is there to be installed the instant everything is complete and ready.

Originally, I was planning on getting the entire front side cleared for the main placements.... well... adding the additional placements slowed things down, but with good reason.  We got the first 5 holes completely cleared and ready for pins to be set.  Should easily be able to get the front nine completed with our next work day on the 19th.  We can then focus on the backside which will take a couple more work days.  After the majority of the work is done, we will be looking for individuals to adopt holes (their names will be on the tee sign on that hole). 

For a non disc golfer, Kyle, the ranger out there in charge of this has extreme desire to get this thing not just done... but done RIGHT!  He is trying to get the go ahead for putting in an asphalt parking lot (which 80000X better than we have at lake shawnee!), bathroom by the parking lot, and split rail fence along holes 17 and 18 and around the parking lot.  So far he has gotten eveything that he has requested so my hopes are high.

We are looking at getting the middle poles of the basket and poles for placements powder coated neon aroange or yellow.  If anyone has any connections that might be able to do this in a high quality fashion at a reasonable price, please let me know. 

As far as the course, it can be set up as a par 54 in all short placements, or in all long placements could play up to a  par 67.  Not just a bunch of long holes.... very technical. All holes will have the capability of playing a par 3 and most have the capability of playing a par 4 and even par 5.  When this course is completely done, it will no doubt be one of the very best courses throughout the midwest and be a wonderful pro style course.  I will post more pictures of the equipment the guy showed me in the photobucket page linked above. 

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 03:10:12 PM »
This all sounds awesome...I got the Smithville folk keeping an eye on this...told them we got to try to top what our neighbors in Kansas are doing.

Great luck getting this buttoned up...can't wait to come help and or play some day soon!

Dan
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 04:31:28 PM »
Weather permitting we have another work day scheduled for this saturday the 19th.  We are going to be meeting at Longview Park at perry around 10am to start work.  We should be able to finish (within 90%) the clearing for 3 placements on each hole for the entire front side and maybe even move one to the back side.  If you are interested in helping out, or just want to come take a loot at the course give me a call

Bren 785-608-8688

During our last work day, we determined that we would get every hole within 90-95% cleared and have people adopt holes to finish the clearing and continued maintenance 1-2 times a year.  You would get your name on that tee sign for the hole.  If you are interested let me know.

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 10:11:06 PM »
Webcoat Products- Was that where the trash cans and possibly benches came from?

Dan
816-812-6265
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

coops

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 04:48:51 PM »
Any updates on this? Been a while since anything has been posted about whether it is nearing completion, open for play or if there are any other work days planned thus far. I'm looking forward to a sweet course like this that is reasonably close to Lawrence so I don't have to go to KC or Topeka all the time to play quality courses.