Author Topic: Call for Disc Golf Course Designers  (Read 17256 times)

coops

Re: Call for Disc Golf Course Designers
« Reply #150 on: January 31, 2010, 10:57:03 AM »
Thanks Dan,
I did indeed do a lot of work on that. Glad you liked it and thanks for all the work you've done setting up this opportunity for everyone.

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2010, 08:36:40 PM »
Thanks Dan,
I did indeed do a lot of work on that. Glad you liked it and thanks for all the work you've done setting up this opportunity for everyone.

My pleasure sir!

Dan
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 01, 2010, 08:45:03 PM »
OK so Mr. Dick Parker has all his stuff turned in...and I must say the same thing-

Very well thought out and complete sir!

Dick too has spent alot of time on this project, in the park, on the computer and it shows in his design proposal. Thank Dick...you ROCK sir!

The Park Board and myself have a tough task ahead of us...deciding who used the land the best, made the safest, most fun course possible.

Stay tuned right here Ladies & Gents...more info to come!

Dan  8)

MOSPARKY

« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2010, 11:19:17 AM »
Good luck to all course designers.  Remember one thing, cheaper is not better.  Let me remind you that there are course designers out there that are charging more money than you.  I think we are blessed to have our own course designers.  A 54 hole course is not going to be squashed by the price of baskets.  I hope the Titans get a chance since they are made in Missouri.  I know the two designers on this forum are from Kansas, so maybe they can think about it.  Just wondering what it would cost to get a pro designer and have you already done this?  How many bids do we have for the design?

coops

« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2010, 11:32:56 AM »
Pro designers (as a rough estimate) are about $5,400 per 18 holes (excluding the cost to get them here if they don't live in the area).

And about the Titans, I haven't recommended them but that is solely because I have never played on them. I'm sure they're fine but without firsthand knowledge I wasn't about to suggest that the parks dept buy 57 of them.

MOSPARKY

« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2010, 02:28:43 PM »
Maybe it would be a good idea to get a pro course designer to look at the course.

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 04, 2010, 06:14:36 AM »
Maybe it would be a good idea to get a pro course designer to look at the course.

Can't release the details just yet but I know you will see some very fine stuff here ladies and gents. And remember, we will do several shakedown runs before anything gets set in crete.

We also have a couple of top of the list pro players who have agreed to be on my Advisorial Board and they like what they see...ALOT!

At the start of this project, I had over 10 people who expressed interest in the project. Then as the project details came into the situation and the design guidelines were written, the list dwindled down to 2 people who took the request very seriously. These 2 designers took all the comments on the form into consideration, talked to hundreds of people, scoured hundreds of websites and spend hundreds of hours doing what they did.

With all the homework, the walking of the land, the understanding of the guidelines and all the 1,000 other things these guys researched, I'd say we did have professionals design this complex...Homegrown Professionals.

MOSPARKY

« Reply #157 on: February 04, 2010, 07:06:50 AM »
k

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 04, 2010, 07:21:30 AM »
I'd have to say I think Cooper and Dick's layouts are going to be real good, and if they aren't we can all make fun of their designs, and talk about how dumb this hole is or that hole is, and throw dog poop on them, and never offer them beer, and kick em in the nads.

MOSPARKY

« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2010, 07:25:40 AM »
watch out Tom, somebody might take you seriously.  Let's lift each other up.  Peace. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2010, 07:32:50 AM »
I am being serious. I think both Coop and Dick have the ability to do a really good job at this sir. I can't wait to go to Smithville for some dg at the lake!

coops

« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2010, 08:50:54 AM »
I'd have to say I think Cooper and Dick's layouts are going to be real good, and if they aren't we can all make fun of their designs, and talk about how dumb this hole is or that hole is, and throw dog poop on them, and never offer them beer, and kick em in the nads.

Oh noes Tom! Don't do that! :D

Cade

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2010, 04:15:27 PM »
Dog poop... awesome.    ;)
cg

MOSPARKY

« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2010, 04:37:05 PM »
I hope whoever wins is compensated for their hard work.  If a pro gets 6 grand per 18 holes.  Three courses, countless hours walking the grounds, all the aspects taken into consideration. 

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2010, 09:13:18 AM »
Heading out to take inventory of the dock sections/walkways that will be used for the needed bridges.

I am told they are very nice and will make excellent bridges where needed.

Photos & measurements to come.