Author Topic: SNOWMAN OPEN - JAN 1ST - Prairie Center - Olathe  (Read 6833 times)

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: SNOWMAN OPEN - JAN 1ST - Prairie Center - Olathe
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2010, 06:16:44 PM »
So, how was the tourney?  Anyone get some pics?
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2010, 08:29:21 PM »
And don't bring out white discs...

Billy...I think this was meant for YOU!~

Had a blast playing with you guys today- THANKS!!!

Dan  8)
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2010, 10:29:05 AM »
had a great time yesterday,aint never played it snow before, crazy,
thanks for the fun
tallguy glover thanks for partnering with me,we will have to do it again

Spencer

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2010, 12:50:08 PM »
My team and the team we played with (Marshall and 2 other guys, can't remember names) had to start on #17 after the 1st group, so I think we finished well after everyone else.  When we walked up to the clubhouse lots of people had left, and 1st place at 10-under had already been paid. Marshall's team was still down at #16 where we finished, but they finished at LEAST 9 under if not 10 or 11-they were hot all day.  How'd that whole mess end up Anthony did you get there scorecard finally and see where they finished?  At one point they had 6 straight birdies (holes 1-6, they also hit 9, 11, 12, 13 and possibly another maybe 14 or 16-cant remember was freezing at that point in round. and they were bogey-free I am pretty certain).  Needless to say they we making some great shots all day it was impressive to watch.

bbman

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2010, 06:31:41 PM »
Where are the results from this? Im sure many are interested to see how things turned out.

Rosedale Down Under CC 2010

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2010, 12:38:25 AM »
As for what happened with Marshall's team, since they tied for first place, but we had already payed out the other team the first place money, we ended up having to give the ace fund to them along with the 2nd place money. So both teams made $150. We waited around for a good 30 minutes after most of the teams had come in. Didn't realize another team was still out until you told us.
As for the teams that won, 1st place tie was Team: Cooper Arnold, Brian Guthrie, and Wes Luberts, and Team: Marshal, and two guys who I don't remember. Both Teams were 10 down. Not exactly sure who was in the 3rd place group but I know they shot 6 down and won a playoff against Hemme, Josh Warner, and Loomis.
As for the lower division, 3 teams tied and 1 up and split the money. I don't have the sign up sheet on me for the names of people. Sorry. But I do know we had over 90 guys that came out to play, which was incredible!
Thanks to everyone who came out. I hope you all found your discs, and didn't get frostbite. We'll see you all again next year 1.1.11
PDGA 39363

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2010, 08:20:20 AM »
Pretty kewl seeing so many come out in such crappy conditions. For next year I'd suggest a few format changes. You have almost a year to consider these....

1. Change the tee time to 1:00, with registration from 11:30 to 12:45.

2. Make tee assignments and use a board so at the end it's obvious if there are groups out.

3. Instead of splitting the field and paying the top 3 in each group, offer a pro division and an am division, with the pro side getting real money, and the am side getting plastic or vouchers.

4. Payout the top 30% of each field instead of just 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

5. If no ACE hit, have a CTP, with closest getting half, and the KCFDC or a local charity getting the other half. (definetly never use the ACE fund as payout)

Just my recommendations, and thanks for running the round.

AreBeezy

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2010, 09:01:39 AM »

If the moon was just a disc, where would it's basket be?  Saturn?

chessnut4

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2010, 10:17:36 AM »
This is Tony Dutiel.  I was part of one of the teams that came in at +1.  We left before the final payout was determined, so we didn't get our money.   How much did each of us win?  If I show up for doubles next saturday morning can I get it from you then?

Mantis

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2010, 12:10:25 PM »
i agree with the format change and the payout scale... if the people don't want to compete for cash then play in a lower division... anyway, it was fun but the guidlines should change
Steve Dresser
816-914-9395
IN MEMORY OF MY FALLEN BROTHERS... THE MOST RECENT SGT. BRANTLEY THANK A SOLDIER SINCE YOU CAN PLAY DISC BECAUSE OF THEIR SACRIFICES

Captklank

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2010, 07:28:39 AM »
Thanks for running this Anthony,I had a blast.
Team Ls Discs

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2010, 09:53:08 AM »
Marshall's teammates, were myself and Mike Murphy.
Sorry it took us so long to get to the shelter, we finished on 16 and had a bit of a hike.
I think we ended up with $141.
Thanks for running the tourney, I had a blast!

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2010, 04:09:57 PM »
Good Suggestions Tom, to be honest, we pretty much just ran things in the simplest way we could. We can definitely make improvements. But We didn't come up with it to be the best ran tournament out there. Just as an excuse to play some disc golf. So we will make some adjustments for next year. I like being able to pay out guys who aren't "pros" It gives the guys who aren't as good a chance to still make some cash. And doing it the way we did eliminates sandbaggers. We did pay out more to the upper division though. And as for the ace fund going as pay out. That wasn't supposed to happen that way. We thought all teams were in when we paid out. The reason I was going to donate the money from the ace fund to the club was because they had asked me if I would charge everyone an extra dollar after I had already posted all the details. I said I wouldn't do that but if no ace was it I'd give it to them. It was kind of a last minute thing, otherwise it would have been a ctp contest. that was my original plan. You live and you learn.
Tony - There were three teams at +1, so they all got paid. I know there was 1 team that only 1 guy was left so we gave him the money. If that was one of your guys talk to him. But there is no left over money. So if you didn't get it, I don't got it. :)
Glad you guys had fun. Thanks for coming out.
PDGA 39363

chessnut4

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2010, 12:55:50 PM »
Anthony,
   All three of us left together, so no one on my team was paid anything.  I'm curious how you would feel if you were in my place.  How would you react to the tournament organizer if he told you "if you didn't get it, I don't got it." when you asked for your 1st place money you rightfully had earned. As for myself, I am not too pleased with your reply.  Why should my whole team be penalized for a mistake that you made?

Tony

coops

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2010, 01:45:25 PM »
In Anthony's defense, you guys did leave early... and if you expected you would get paid something but HAD to go for some reason you should have told someone to pick it up for you.