Author Topic: SNOWMAN OPEN - JAN 1ST - Prairie Center - Olathe  (Read 6829 times)

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: SNOWMAN OPEN - JAN 1ST - Prairie Center - Olathe
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2010, 10:09:17 AM »
If I found out I had got first place (once in a blue moon) I would be happy just knowing that. And trust me, I was driving down the road when I got the call we tied for first.
That was my first reaction. My first question was how much we won.
Now if I was told they did not get our money or there was a mixup I would not get bent out of shape over $15 beings thats what we won per person after the cost to play. But I would be asking how it happened.

I had fun Anthony. Thanks for running it.
Steven Disc Glover

Deano

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2010, 10:54:26 AM »
Anthony, I have cold beer ready for you!   I finished even!  Where is my money?  Oh Hell!

What I do know is there are hundreds of dollars in disc buried in snow at PC.   Can't wait until the snow melts.

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2010, 01:28:21 PM »
No, not all unsanctioned tournaments are this unorganized, they are also not played in 2feet of snow. Those characteristics are just applied to tournaments I run. :)
talked to the guy who took the score sheet and he no longer has it. So I guess we (I) am screwed. Sorry.

Sincerely,
     A Dead Horse  
PDGA 39363

Cade

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2010, 02:04:44 PM »
Shake it off, brother. We live and we learn. Most people are content just to b%tch about what others do, but you actually went out and got an event off the ground. I'm sure you will apply the lessons learned to create an even better event next year. Thanks for stepping up!
cg

coops

« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2010, 02:11:40 PM »
My biggest complaint is that there weren't snowmen in front of every pin guarding it. ;D

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2010, 02:23:18 PM »
Ya..Anthony...don't listen to all the people who complain...if they want it done different than they can get out and run an event themselves... Karma can be a wonderful thing!

Snowmen in front of all the baskets....I like that idea!!!  Or on top of each basket....hit a snowman with your drive and it's a free shot....so a deuce would be an Ace!!
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

bensdadfred

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2010, 05:58:01 PM »
Shim sham at its finest!!  ;D Or, maybe shim sh-andy!
2 Things: Don't sweat the small stuff & everything is small stuff!

aarong

• Am Poster
  • no low putts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2010, 06:31:57 PM »
i think next year should definitely have snowman guarding every pin (if there's enough snow) and i think you might even consider doing teams of ten next year like i said anthony. maybe 50 bucks a person, and a big snowball fight after the round will determine who really wins money.

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2010, 07:18:09 PM »
I just want to state I had a blast playin', and I know the rest of my team did as well.  We weren't expecting anything money wise with a +1, I just happened to still be there.  Thanks for runnin' the tourney! 

As a side note, my Tennessean teammate Mark was crackin' me up about what a bear it was getting thru all the snow....lol.  That don't get this here white stuff to often back a Pa's house! ;D
yea your right james.but i did  have a blast playin in the snow,are you playin sunday?.......i'll be there

dafoxman

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2010, 11:18:13 AM »
Anthony, I have cold beer ready for you!   I finished even!  Where is my money?  Oh Hell!

What I do know is there are hundreds of dollars in disc buried in snow at PC.   Can't wait until the snow melts.

heck deano i already posted that i found the buzz u lost..LOL plus a light in the loafers pink champ boss. so now there is $30ish less plastic out there to find. lucky it was best disc or 2 lost discs would not have gotten u even lol. holla at the fox and i will bring them to ya like always LMAO

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2010, 03:30:45 PM »
Jeez Anthony what the hell were you thinking running a tournament for people to have fun?  People dont want to have fun Anthony.  Why do you think they play disc golf?   Don't you know that disc golf is meant to be competitive and mean, not fun?  And to think you charged an ungodly amount... $5?!  It's amazing that people even showed up!  I mean... that could buy 2 cheeseburgers and fries at McDonalds!  Or, 2 40oz Old E's that they could have carried around the course with them.  Times are in fact tough Anthony... I think next time you should pay people to show up to your event from all that profit you make on the tourney.   Hopefully you are still alive right now to read this and learn from it the easy way rather than the usual death by public scrutiny that is often the case in Disc Golf.  I mean seriously... you think that the game being free other than buying a couple discs is enough to satisfy people?  Or maybe they would have some new years cheer?  I think not.  And don't bother with the paper and pencil... all you need is a stick and some snow followed by a yellow underlining to highlight the situation.  Cmon Anthony can't you be a little more organized like you have run dozens of tournaments before?  You should be ashamed of yourself.  I know you are already a dead horse but next time I see you I am going to beat the crap out of you. 

Seriously though....

If you leave a tournament, or league without arranging with the coordinator for payment if you win... tough crap... ITS YOUR FAULT!  You know, I was pissed off the other day because I bought a lottery ticket that was a winner but misplaced it... and you know what?  The gas station had the nerve to not keep track of their winning tickets so I was sol.  Stupid gas station.

Ok... I know this is a little over the top and maybe this could have been avoided, and likely will next year, but seriously... stick around if you want to get paid.  Don't blame other people when you are the one that left.  It's your fault for coming to a 'FUN' layed back tournament and expected the US Open.  If you want a tournamnet that is without flaws you might as well stay at home.  Everyone has their .02 but no one wants to help implement their ideas. 

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2010, 07:33:15 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D lol that was great.
I think it sounds like LSDiscs should run the snowman open next year  ;)
PDGA 39363