Author Topic: Pin Placements  (Read 629 times)

bbman

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Pin Placements
« on: December 04, 2009, 04:45:40 PM »
People have been asking so here it is. I will be leaving the course set like this for a few weeks so enjoy it while you can.

1.Long Center
2.Long
3.Long
4.Long
5.Short Right
6.NEW PLACEMENT Long Left
7.Long Right
8.Long Left
9.Long
10.Left
11.NEW PLACEMENT Right
12.NEW PLACEMENT Long Center
13.Long Straight
14.Left
15.Center
16.NEW PLACEMENT SUPER Long Straight
17.Long Left
18.Left

Hope everyone enjoys the new placements. I will be having a work day very soon. Come on out and enjoy some good karma.
Rosedale Down Under CC 2010

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Pin Placements
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 04:52:10 PM »
Hopefully the person moving baskets that isn't authorized too will stop.  If ANYONE knows who has a set of keys other than Brad or Jay please let us know so we can retrieve those.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

bbman

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 10:11:07 AM »
Any feedback on the new placements??????
Rosedale Down Under CC 2010

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 10:29:45 AM »
Well you know I like 16,  12 is OK.  I really like the longer placement to the right if you go long there.  But it is ok.  6 is cool.  though I would even have gone longer and more on the slant of the hill.  Though it is a nice change.  11 is cool for sho.  Good addition.  17 left is leaning really bad.  i was talking to Steve.  And I think fixing that one.  Maybe even going a LITTLE more to the left so you are in that natural opening on the slant of the hill.  Maybe 10 feet left of where it is now.  Or 20 even.  Also having a cool placement on 17 long right in the woods a little just right of the path to 18 and short of the fairway of 13.  Also what about a new one on 18 in the middle of the 2 existing ones on the slanted path.  Good work down there for sure.   I think I made a good decision stepping down.  I think Down Under is going to be alot better due to your efforts.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 11:39:55 AM »
I  think I made a good decision stepping down.  I think Down Under is going to be alot better due to your efforts.

WOW...Dick said something nice!

Dan  ;D
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

coops

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 04:09:52 PM »
My thoughts on the new placements:
6- Eh, it was ok, but not as good as the later new placements. The little trees guarding the pin make the green an interesting challenge and are the best part of the hole because the drive is not really that difficult to get up there. A good hole and definitely harder than, say, the short placement on that hole.
11- This was a pretty sweet hole. In my opinion the raised basket is something that KC could use a lot more of. I do wish that there were another placement on this hole drilled into the boulder shorter of the new one... that would be a pucker factor. One suggestion for the new placement would be to clear out some of the brush and whatnot around behind the pin so that if you missed your putt you could not be saved by those things.
12- I liked this one a lot. It is a very two-able hole, but also a very four-able hole if you mess up your drive, which makes it a good hole. Only knock on this hole would be that towards the end it is sort of a poke and hope hole, though that is a really nit-picky criticism.
16- This one is ok... though I think the two is very hard and the four decently rare, at least in doubles play (for the four I mean). For my money I think I like the older long placement better because it really brings the two in and allows for the diversification of scores between two and three instead of the longer one which becomes largely a lot of threes and maybe a few twos.

Good Work on DU, it is looking AWESOME, especially with the cleaned up dead trees, sweet refurbished tee boxes and shiny new baskets and placements. Keep it up!

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 06:38:16 PM »
I really welcome the change down there;
6 - agree with the comment on the little trees but my guess is they will get cleared one way or another.
11 - awesome job, love that position.
12 - I agree with Dick, if you are going to make it long, put in the existing long position.
16 - I like this one, really adds more challenge to this hole.

How about these additions:
#2: both positions are pretty much the same. How about long, right?
#9: seems to be a lot of woods on the right side of the fairway to work with that
wouldn't impact other holes (7 or 10)
#18: echo Dick's comments on this one some where between the long and the short today

DU is really looking good right now!!!
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.