Author Topic: My first ACE...kinda  (Read 9124 times)

bbman

• Pro Poster
Re: My first ACE...kinda
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2010, 07:54:02 AM »
 So say the hole is some stupid-arse never shoulda went in hole like.  Oh I don't know.  #17 DU.  The short stupid thing that was there for a little bit.

Have you aced it yet there DICK???
Rosedale Down Under CC 2010

Keizer

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2010, 07:56:52 AM »
So say the hole is some stupid-arse never shoulda went in hole like.  Oh I don't know.  #17 DU.  The short stupid thing that was there for a little bit.

Yeah, I would think that if it's such a stupidly short hole, Mr. Parker should have aced it on every single try so far. Then again, his specialty is LOOOOOOOOONG holes... :D

AreBeezy

• Am Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2010, 08:29:07 AM »
I heard from some guys that Dick has aced number 17 (down under on the short setting) 23 out of 24 shots-on-basket.  That's incredible dude! Good job!
If the moon was just a disc, where would it's basket be?  Saturn?

otter

• Pro Poster
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2010, 08:44:23 AM »
Odd # of players for dubs?  One approach:
Take a vote of how many want to flip for the Cali opportunity.
Let 'them' determine/flip for who is Cali and the Cali gets one additional throw/hole...and the 2nd drive would not take the course ace fund if hit.
Then, the remaining Cali wannabe's would join the rest of the folks...& then flip for partners.

My thinking here is that only an outlaw/gunslinger would want the Cali opportunity...and shouldn't have 2 shots from every lie.

Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

Keizer

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2010, 08:53:32 AM »
Nope, they shouldn't have 2 shots from every lie, which is why I think there's a certain risk involved with taking your Cali on the drive, and thus should be rewarded if ace is made. ;D

Cade

• Pro Poster
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2010, 10:13:25 AM »
Regular Cali wouldn't have 2 shots from every lie, but double Cali would. With double Cali you are also paying two entry fees. So, in that case, since you are paying as two people I would think you should get two cracks at the ACE fund. Assuming of course that you payed double ACE as well.
Cade Garrelts
Prairie Center League Director
Lakeside Hills League Director

dickthediscparker

• THE ONE AND ONLY
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Awesome at things. Many, mini things.
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2010, 11:05:30 AM »

Yeah, I would think that if it's such a stupidly short hole, Mr. Parker should have aced it on every single try so far. Then again, his specialty is LOOOOOOOOONG holes... :D

This is retarded.  Both of you.  Very retarded. 
Dick Parker
• 2014-16 Kansas City Wide Open Tournament Director
• Course Designer
• Amateur Photoshopper
• KCFDC Membership Guru

bbman

• Pro Poster
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2010, 12:44:50 PM »
Had to give you a little sh@t Dick.
Rosedale Down Under CC 2010

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2010, 01:10:31 PM »
Regular Cali wouldn't have 2 shots from every lie, but double Cali would. With double Cali you are also paying two entry fees. So, in that case, since you are paying as two people I would think you should get two cracks at the ACE fund. Assuming of course that you payed double ACE as well.

Here is the way that the meeting took place a few years back, ok almost a decade ago.

With a Cali player, double Cali we'll say for the sakes of argument here, you get 2 attempts at each hole, which is 1 more than any other player.  For ACE FUND PURPOSES ONLY, any second shot that the same player throws shall not constitute an actual "Club Ace Fund Payout"  You already had a chance with the first throw to get it in, as did the remainder of the entire divisions.  It is an ACE FUND.  A Hole in ONE throw fund, not a hole in as many throws as it takes me fund.

The ace fund is determined by the initial throw of a player teeing off from the assigned pad for that particular location that the basket is located.  Single Cali (Heil Keiser's comment) is not again the FIRST THROW ON THE HOLE, which is what all aces are considered.  At all leagues, your first attempt is your only attempt to seek ace fund money.  Though you may have the option to pay double to win the take home money for the day, you still only get 18 shots to get the ace fund money, not 36.  If this were the case, why couldn't everyone just pay double, take 2 drives every shot and try it?

This only occurs in the doubles events that we have, and is small consideration for the rest of the playing time.  The simple matter is that you have an ace fund where EVERYONE gets 18 CHANCES to get an ACE.  Some people get 36 CHANCES to card a 1 on the scorecard, but only 18 to get an ACE as everyone else playing does.  You want to pay double to get an extra throw to win the money on the night, go for it, but you are not paying double to hit an ace fund.

It has been that way for close to 10 years now.  I think that this conversation took to the order of business back in 2001 where the EC made the determination that you only get 18 chances to hit an ace regardless of how much money you pay.  As for paying $5, I think that it is worth $5 to seee someone throw the disc in basket, so I would pay the $5, and also chide them incessently for missing their first shot the rest of the round.  But then wouldn't you expect that from me?
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Cade

• Pro Poster
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2010, 01:25:28 PM »
I concede. Well played, sir.
Cade Garrelts
Prairie Center League Director
Lakeside Hills League Director

Keizer

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2010, 02:25:47 AM »
I've never been a part of a doubles round where the Cali player paid double, but if there was such an instance, and no ace rewarded on Cali drive, then Cali is getting f%cked out of one ace opportunity per hole. Every other player gets 2 shots at half the ace payout; their shot and their partner's shot.

dickthediscparker

• THE ONE AND ONLY
  • 1000 Rated Poster
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2010, 07:28:59 AM »
Paying double for a cali round means you don't pay double for ACE fund.  It is still an ace fund issue.   Boy Kiezer you really are getting bent out of shape on this whole cali ace fund thing.  And your wrong.  That must suck.  :)
Dick Parker
• Course Designer
• Amateur Photoshopper
• KCFDC Membership Guru

Ash

• Pro Poster
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2010, 10:33:02 AM »
I've never been a part of a doubles round where the Cali player paid double, but if there was such an instance, and no ace rewarded on Cali drive, then Cali is getting %$#@ed out of one ace opportunity per hole. Every other player gets 2 shots at half the ace payout; their shot and their partner's shot.

Wrong, I doubt most people would split the ace fund with their partner unless agreed upon before hand. Why do you think the cali player should get twice as many chances as everyone else at the ace fund. Seems like a pretty simple issue that everyone should be able to understand.
Ash Lawrence
KCFDC # 994

Captklank

• Pro Poster
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2010, 11:29:37 AM »
I agree with Tracy,I have seen a bunch of clubs do it that way.
Team Ls Discs

dickthediscparker

• THE ONE AND ONLY
  • 1000 Rated Poster
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2010, 11:35:35 AM »
I don't agree.  No one should be given an opportunity to have more chances at money that has been building up for god knows how long.  If you are a good player and you happen to get cali and are allowed to pay double ace fund then they have even a better shot then most players who would get it.  Everyone should get 1 shot at the ace fund no matter what.  It is just fair no matter what.  If you want a better shot at making more money then you pay double for the extra shot but not double for the ace. 
Dick Parker
• Course Designer
• Amateur Photoshopper
• KCFDC Membership Guru