Author Topic: which division should i enter???  (Read 1683 times)

cpalmer

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
which division should i enter???
« on: December 23, 2009, 12:24:39 PM »
i am entering the ice bowl in jan and was wondering if anyone knew what the rec division and intermediate players usually score...... i have played rosedale up top and dn 3 times each and have shot anywhere from 5 over to even par on up top depending on baskets and  4 under to 4 0ver on dn depending on how many trees i hit..... i don't want to sandbag it but i did enter the olathe open for my first ever tourny and was in intermediate division..... i placed 10th but would have lost the rec div by about 15 shots..... i assumed the ice bowl would have even more good rec players entering so i didn't know if my rosedale avg scores would even be in the top 20 in intermediate div.......i like playing w the better players but i would like to be able to compete as well..... 

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: which division should i enter???
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 12:52:25 PM »
There are no divisions at the ice bowl. You can purchase mulligans for use in the first round however.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: which division should i enter???
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 02:27:34 PM »
In The Ice Bowl there is a round of 18 holes with a group you get together . First  round starts when you want as long as its before 11am. Then we have a chili feast and play a few games. Then we play a 9 hole round and you get placed with a group that scored similar scores. Whoever wins on your card wins a disc. If you beat everybody you walk away with The Ice Bowl Cup!!

This is a fundraiser tourney so bring some cash for CTP prize opportunities and buy some mulligans for your first round use only.
Steven Disc Glover