Author Topic: Bag Tags?  (Read 1309 times)

AdamC

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Bag Tags?
« on: December 23, 2009, 01:42:58 PM »
Hi guys. 

I keep seeing lots of references to bag tags, and more specifically - certain numbers that are associated with them.  I'm curious what exactly these are and why are they important?

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Bag Tags?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 03:08:19 PM »
They are not "important" except to ones pride I would assume.  They are the "bag tag challenge".  In ANY KCFDC event, that you have a bag tag you must play against anyone else who has a bag tag on your card.  A bag tag is a tag that you put on your bag that has a number from 1-300. 1 being the best.  Whoever wins the round gets the lowest tag.  YOu can also challenge people off card if you would like to try to win their tag.  Most people wuss out when challenged. They want to see their tag get taken from them I assume.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Kevin Simpson

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 03:16:10 PM »
The club runs a city-wide challenge in which the goal is to hold the lowest numbered tag you can. I believe there usually end up being 250 or so tags. The initial distribution of tags is based off of one's finish at the previous club championship, with first place receiving tag #1, etc. Thereafter, the next lowest available tag can be purchased for $5.

In any club sanctioned events (leagues, tournaments), and in casual rounds should tag-holders desire, a higher numbered tag (88) would trade tags with a lower number (23) should the higher number beat, not tie, the lower number in that round. This applies only to players on the same card, although off-card challenges are optional. If multiple tag-holders play on the same card, the tags will be pooled and redistributed based on score. It's possible that all three players will change tags, for example, or that only two players will swap.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 03:22:27 PM »
Bragging rights, or like a challenge board in years past.  The other guys summed it up pretty good.  I think that we got 300 this year, and they are available at Disc golf World for purchase for club members only!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

AdamC

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 11:08:50 AM »
Ah I see, thanks for the info guys.

bensdadfred

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 02:47:19 PM »
Where is #1?
2 Things: Don't sweat the small stuff & everything is small stuff!

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 04:36:10 PM »
Aaron Johnson won it at Cliff on Monday.