Author Topic: H2Open is Postponed  (Read 1208 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: H2Open is Postponed
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 12:40:39 PM »
Well, that sucks but I understand........Maybe an AI (Action Item) can be presented at the next KCFDC Board Meeting on how to increase volunteerism so some of these events can be held.  Incentives?  Rewards?

There is no reward other than pride Doug.  You could raise the rate of events and then take a fee for running an event if you choose, but good luck getting people to follow that model, "how come I paid $40 and only got $30 put into things, well because I took $10 of your money for incentive rewards for the staff to give their time....well that sucks, I am not playing in your tourneys any more....."

Most of us do it for pride and the love of the sport.  You are the KCFDC, not just those of us that run events and sit on the board to try to help keep the chaos of disc golf organized locally.  If you wanna run an event, let an EC member know, say what format, what stlye, where, when, does it conflict with any other regional events, does it align closely with the need to host an event, have you cleared it with the parks dept.....

working with the EC on events is a must, but Tracy is exactly correct if you want to do it, you can, just nudge a little help, and thats all it will take.

BTW the SunBURNED open was bruoght here by someone that said they'd run, never showed up again and I put my name on it...I had no intention of running the event, I don't like to run events in the summer, I prefer spring and Fall (with the birhtday exception).  Part of the reason that I don't like to do summer is my B-day event, I like to get the course at Cliff looking good.....workday Saturday come help!

===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: H2Open is Postponed
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 01:24:13 PM »
I started the first of its kind call the "Idiots Open" 

2 rounds of golf in the middle of the summer at Blue Valley.  The last round was Backwards :)  Hence the name.   The Idiots Open.  That one didn't last.  I remember Kevin Corbett and LaRon Harris almost getting into a fist fight playing 7 pin to 6's basket.  hah.  LaRon would have won I'm sure.

Ah the memories.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist