Author Topic: 28th Annual Wide Open - Countdown to 30  (Read 16177 times)

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
Re: 28th Annual Wide Open - Countdown to 30
« Reply #210 on: June 25, 2010, 01:16:39 AM »
I come from an Ultimate background where the TD's didn't have the luxury of time constraints.  Pool play on saturday, quarter finals at 9am sunday, semis at 11 and the finals at 2:00-2:30,  everyone who participated and thought they had a chance at winning knew it was gonna be a long weekend.  Everyone who loved the game and wanted to improve stayed to watch the finals, you got to see the very best competition and see how the game is played at its highest level.  I spent many a late sunday night driving home from St. Louis/ Fayetteville/ Minneapolis or where ever.  I know this ain't Ultimate but IMHO let the elite golfers who are driving home with a smile on there face and a pocketful of cash get a little later start on Sunday.  Bet the size of the cheering (heckling ;D) gallery might help 'em get over having to get home at 10pm.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 03:25:28 PM by dan howard »

Kevin Simpson

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 25, 2010, 10:38:09 AM »
What's the point of spewing vitriol all over a friendly message board? What does it accomplish?

Fortunately, most on here are probably wise enough to filter these comments appropriately.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 25, 2010, 11:20:01 AM »
THanks for the removal!  That looks much better.

Dan on time, and Fred, I always hate going home leaving an event at 7:00 as a LOSER, and I have so few winning events that I am not sure how I would react.....I appreciate getting everyone on the road so that they could get home at a reasonable time.

My thought was BensdadFred, that if you guys/gals slept in a little later, you'd be more rested to throw farther, adn starting later would allow us the chance to watch not only the top pros, but the more reaslistic pro's, you know the guys that finish say 25th-31st, so we can see the pain on their faces as they realize the error of the throws, instead of just watching the good guys, I like to see how I would play!
 ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:22:10 AM by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

GOT D??? do u

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 25, 2010, 11:44:44 AM »
What dont like the fact that you CONTRADICTED yourself & GOT CALLED ON IT... OR the fact that I am PRO RUSSCO ANTI ROTHSTEIN...

TO EACH THEIR OWN but you wont CATCH ME at a ROTHSTEIN run EVENT or in his STORE EVER AGAIN...

REALLY STARTING to WISH I hadnt already spent about a GRAND at his STORE 
Caleb "FOUL MOUTH" Coffman

COME, YE CHILDREN, LISTEN TO ME. I WILL TEACH YOU THE FEAR OF THE LORD  PSALMS 34:11

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 25, 2010, 11:50:17 AM »
this is still disc golf, right?

please be sweet
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:53:02 AM by will »

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 25, 2010, 11:57:13 AM »

YoU mUsT lOsE A LOT of DISCS  ;D
PDGA 39363

bensdadfred

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 25, 2010, 11:58:21 AM »
Jack, sorry to hear that your travels home from tournaments have been filled with HATE at what?....98% of your outings? But I'm still wondering about the time constraint....I think there were only 5 &1/2 hours of sunshine left that particular day..it seems one could have managed if they were so interested in watching those good golfers!
2 Things: Don't sweat the small stuff & everything is small stuff!

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #217 on: June 25, 2010, 12:00:40 PM »
Jack, sorry to hear that your travels home from tournaments have been filled with HATE at what?....98% of your outings? But I'm still wondering about the time constraint....I think there were only 5 &1/2 hours of sunshine left that particular day..it seems one could have managed if they were so interested in watching those good golfers!

I think it was the not knowing in advance how the day would play out that led to the schedule change. Risk/reward kinda deal it seems.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 25, 2010, 12:02:30 PM »

THats a pretty generous guess!
 ;D

===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
« Reply #219 on: June 25, 2010, 01:04:11 PM »
thanks for the reminder Jack, shoulda never posted so late.  I would not have included that line had I posted it this morning.

I appreciate the chance to voice my opinion but want to be respectful to a great DG community!

GOT D??? do u

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 25, 2010, 03:37:02 PM »

YoU mUsT lOsE A LOT of DISCS  ;D
NOPE not really... I HUNT & DIVE for my DISCS... Just replace some when they get too beat in...Bought a Mach 2 Basket too

COME, YE CHILDREN, LISTEN TO ME. I WILL TEACH YOU THE FEAR OF THE LORD  PSALMS 34:11

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 25, 2010, 04:34:24 PM »
What dont like the fact that you CONTRADICTED yourself & GOT CALLED ON IT... OR the fact that I am PRO RUSSCO ANTI ROTHSTEIN...

TO EACH THEIR OWN but you wont CATCH ME at a ROTHSTEIN run EVENT or in his STORE EVER AGAIN...

good to hear that,i'll be at all of ricks gigs then...........just buy your disc online,so nobody has to hear you,or see you

Beat Hummel

« Reply #222 on: June 25, 2010, 07:03:27 PM »

Caleb you should just challenge Rick to a 3-event challenge.: 1)Long disc contest, 2)SAT test, 3)spelling bee.  You lose 2-1 :o

kcRhyno

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 25, 2010, 09:52:52 PM »
Make it 4 events, Class.... oh wait, Rick wins that too.  Ask yourself this Caleb, what have YOU done to help this sport?
Ryan "Rhyno" Westa
Do everyone a favor, pick up at least one piece of trash during every round.

GOT D??? do u

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 26, 2010, 06:13:42 PM »
Make it 4 events, Class.... oh wait, Rick wins that too.  Ask yourself this Caleb, what have YOU done to help this sport?
lets see ive  got over 100 hours of LABOR out at PLEASANT HILL & STILL COUNTING....

SPENT 3 hours wading thru a STINKING TRASH FILLED POND at YOUNG PARK REMOVING TRASH hole 7 & 10

EVERY TIME i'm on a course I PICK UP TRASH as i PLAY

SO let me ask u this WTF HAVE YOU DONE for this SPORT