Author Topic: 28th Annual Wide Open - Countdown to 30  (Read 15347 times)

GOT D??? do u

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 28th Annual Wide Open - Countdown to 30
« Reply #225 on: June 26, 2010, 06:15:59 PM »
What dont like the fact that you CONTRADICTED yourself & GOT CALLED ON IT... OR the fact that I am PRO RUSSCO ANTI ROTHSTEIN...

TO EACH THEIR OWN but you wont CATCH ME at a ROTHSTEIN run EVENT or in his STORE EVER AGAIN...

REALLY STARTING to WISH I hadnt already spent about a GRAND at his STORE

Caleb you should just challenge Rick to a 3-event challenge.: 1)Long disc contest, 2)SAT test, 3)spelling bee.  You lose 2-1 :o
Tells you how well you KNOW me because it would be 3-0 in my favor
Caleb "FOUL MOUTH" Coffman

COME, YE CHILDREN, LISTEN TO ME. I WILL TEACH YOU THE FEAR OF THE LORD  PSALMS 34:11

Beat Hummel

« Reply #226 on: June 26, 2010, 06:31:58 PM »
Tells you how well you KNOW me

Perception is reality

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #227 on: June 26, 2010, 09:51:20 PM »
Perception is reality

My perception (with newly granted admin powers on the forum) is to ask you to take the balance of this conversation offline. Thanks to EVERYONE for their contributions -- let's all work together when we HAVE to.
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3
2013: 3, 40, 10, 148, 32, 19, 84, 184, 15, 1, 118
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #228 on: June 26, 2010, 11:00:02 PM »
hey i might start something new, but I don't really think your drives are that long caleb. I'm 51 and can still huck 450 on a bad day
espouse elucidation

Beat Hummel

« Reply #229 on: June 27, 2010, 12:32:54 AM »
My perception (with newly granted admin powers on the forum) is to ask you to take the balance of this conversation offline. Thanks to EVERYONE for their contributions -- let's all work together when we HAVE to.

CD my suggestion as the new administrator is to stab the first person who looks (down) at you the wrong way, preferably multiple times in the head/neck region, paul pierce style, so that everyone knows you mean business.  Flex those guns

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 27, 2010, 07:46:30 AM »
hey i might start something new, but I don't really think your drives are that long caleb. I'm 51 and can still huck 450 on a bad day

barefoot

hyzerponix

« Reply #231 on: June 27, 2010, 01:14:13 PM »
Perception is reality

Dang, you've got Admin privileges and you're not even on the EC? K-Mont couldn't wait to strip me of my KCFDC "behind the scenes forum" access from when I was the '09 CC at Cliff Drive, I mean he did it the very evening of the last election! I guess being compact and really good at disc golf carries a lot of weight around here... :D ;D

kcRhyno

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 27, 2010, 06:32:56 PM »
I have no idea if this pertains to Jack missing out on his awards at the KCWO, but I ran across this today in the PDGA Competition Manual.

section 1.10.C(2) reads "Players who leave before the official distribution of prizes do not relinquish their winnings but are responsible for any associated shipping costs."
Ryan "Rhyno" Westa
Do everyone a favor, pick up at least one piece of trash during every round.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #233 on: June 27, 2010, 09:58:59 PM »
Perception is reality

Dang, you've got Admin privileges and you're not even on the EC? K-Mont couldn't wait to strip me of my KCFDC "behind the scenes forum" access from when I was the '09 CC at Cliff Drive, I mean he did it the very evening of the last election! I guess being compact and really good at disc golf carries a lot of weight around here... :D ;D

It really wasn't anything personal Mike. Everyone gets switched around at once after elections. Sometimes I get right to it if I have time and sometimes I have to be reminded to get it done. I guess I had time that year. As for CD gaining admin rights, he offered his help and since he's KCFDC #2, has been on the EC in various capacities many times and is an IT professional himself, we were only to glad to accept his offer of assistance. There are currently twelve registrations sitting there waiting for approval to join this board in just two days time and my guess is all but one or two are spammers. The job of maintaining this board for us all to use to further the sport in KC and beyond was becoming quite a challenge for just one person. Thanks CD!

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 27, 2010, 10:15:07 PM »
Make it 4 events, Class.... oh wait, Rick wins that too.  Ask yourself this Caleb, what have YOU done to help this sport?
lets see ive  got over 100 hours of LABOR out at PLEASANT HILL & STILL COUNTING....

SPENT 3 hours wading thru a STINKING TRASH FILLED POND at YOUNG PARK REMOVING TRASH hole 7 & 10

EVERY TIME i'm on a course I PICK UP TRASH as i PLAY

You got give Caleb props for clearing trash out of the pond on hole 7 and 10 and Young.  That thing was nasty, full of garbage, and really stinky.  Even worse smelling is the pond on 17.  The discs being rescued are so smelly that Drew N did not even want to put Dick's disc in his car. 

Good work out there Caleb.  those actions do speak louder than words.

kcRhyno

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 27, 2010, 10:53:26 PM »
Look I'm not tryin to get into a pissing match here.  I would hope most golfers would pick up trash as we play, that's why our bags have pockets.  But doggn Rick and his events as hard as you do seems counter productive,  its great that you fish discs out and do some labor on your local course, but I wouldn't consider that doing anything for our sport or to help this game grow.
Ryan "Rhyno" Westa
Do everyone a favor, pick up at least one piece of trash during every round.

hyzerponix

« Reply #236 on: June 27, 2010, 11:27:12 PM »
Look I'm not tryin to get into a pissing match here.  I would hope most golfers would pick up trash as we play, that's why our bags have pockets.  But doggn Rick and his events as hard as you do seems counter productive,  its great that you fish discs out and do some labor on your local course, but I wouldn't consider that doing anything for our sport or to help this game grow.

I don't agree with dogging Rick either. But to say that cleaning up courses or performing labor at a course isn't helping the sport is simply not true. Working on the courses benefits everyone who uses those courses, while promotion or "growing the sport" only benefits those who care about big events and making money off the sport. The big events and the money cannot exist without the volunteers who work on the courses.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 28, 2010, 09:55:30 AM »
Caleb-thanks for your 100 hours work and cleaning of the pond.

Kevin-thanks for your over 10 years of support and over 5000 hours of labor and time donated over the lifetime that you have helped.

Rick-Thanks for the last 3 decades and the over 100,000 hours you have given to the sport.

John-Keizer, words go far, and just because someone does work in an area that you feel is important, does not in any way limit the work that others do that you don't do as well.  Just as others don't do work machines as well and clean up as well, we need to have all people with all skillsets to make our sport strong.

BTW 100 hours on a course is a good start to helping it look better, but its a far cry from countless people that are not online haev done Caleb, so before you feel entitled to call people out, you must learn to respect the people that have helped to make this sport where it is today.  Its only here today for the work that thousands of people before you in Kansas city have done that you are even able to post on this forum, to work on a park.  Learn some respect for others and it will carry you farther in everyone's eyes.

I have no idea of how many hours of work I've done Caleb, but if I had to guess, I would ball park it at close to 10,000 both cleaning, running events, writing grants, going to meetings, flying to other cities to gain more support for disc golf in Kansas City, so you can thank me by simply just realizing the people that you seem to bash are the exact reason that you can even play this sport in our community, so please think outside your littlebox, and realize we aer a community, as of late you have not made our community look good.

Actions speak louder than words, yes, but words hurt feelings, and change that stance to a more approachable zone, and you will be more welcomed with all.  If you are not wanting to be welcomed in our community, then quit typing the poison rhetoric you seem to be fond of.

Thanks again for all you do for our sport though Caleb, I appreciate everyone that helps it grow!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Hanthrolo

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 28, 2010, 01:03:14 PM »
I recently purchased discs a DGW and was treated very well, as always.  I have played in several events around town and was treated well, as always.  I am meek in my volunteering, yet I do not forget those who do what they do to enable me to play disc golf.  Kudos to those who know they deserve a pat on the back.  I am glad that I am a part of KCFDC community!

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 28, 2010, 02:18:38 PM »
ok....after reading Hanthrolo's comment, I realized that I too am being single minded and selfish in my posts.

Its really impossible to put into words the names of who all have helped with the growth of disc golf in Kansas City.... A few names hit home though, and when I saw that they were getting singled out, I couldn't help but to champion thier names in the tireless work effort that they have done.  By that same tokken, it has been historically the same people in Kansas City that have helped to run events.  Now to Keizer's tune that don't mean squat to the casual player, but the reality of it is that it does.

Why does it?  Because these events bring out the very best of our community to make our coursses shine.  That enables us to be a pivotal location for the best disc golf experience in the country.  THose stories are then shared across many lands and in turn allow us the opportunity to grow collectively as we have, and though it may not appear to each eye that this event helps locally, it really is what has made us happen locally.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that even though we hosted 3 (5) world championships in the last 10 years that hasn't helped our growth.  It most certainly has.  No other community in the world can boast what Kansas City has accomplished in terms of disc golf over the last decade.  Flaggstaff may be close, they hosted 2.  No other club has tried to do this, even envisioned doing this, yet we do it with community of support around us built up mainly by Rick and his desire to keep Kansas City as his home.

His business could be located at any city in the world, he has travelled the world with the sport, he has chosen to call KC home, and we in turn like him or hate him have been a HUGE benefactor for his efforts.  Some may call it the name of business at the expense of disc golf, but in what country do you have business that that doesn't turn a profit?  I think that over the last decade that I have had the ability to work with Rick, his worries are not those of a sole greedy business man, but rather a very giving of time and energy to the club and community at large.

No one ever is going to be happy all the time with how things are.  But we in Kansas City are blessed to have a relatively good lively group of people to count on for events.  All of those people that we rely on to get the job done have done so with sweat determination, and pride to continue to see the sport grow.  I meant not to leave anyone person out, so please even though your name may not be mentioned, rest assured that I do care personally about the hours that all of you have given in order for all of us to enjoy our sport even more and in more places today than when I moved back to KC determined to help however I can to help this sport grow locally.

You know who you are, and without you we would not be here.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 03:33:24 PM by CD »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"