Author Topic: 28th Annual Wide Open - Countdown to 30  (Read 16164 times)

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
Re: 28th Annual Wide Open - Countdown to 30
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2010, 07:28:22 PM »
Online registration for the Kansas City Wide Open is now open at discgolfworld.com:

http://discgolfworld.com/product.asp?mscssid=39CK4HFDELXJ8K2EELH51FSKNK2H9RV4&q=2010+k&x=0&y=0

Coming soon will be registration at dynamicdiscs.com.

You can also pay with cash, check, or money order at Disc Golf World.

Fliers and registration forms coming soon.

RR
Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2010, 09:01:05 PM »
Didn't see this anywhere else in the post:

The 28th Annual KC Wide Open is June 19-20 and will be played on three classic courses:
Water Works
Rosedale Original
Swope
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2010, 01:24:32 PM »
Thanks Dave. I was remiss in not pointing that out. We've not established the order in which the courses will be played yet, but we do know that Pool A will play Swope twice on Sunday, with a final nine for the top open players. Pool A will definitely consist of the the open men and women's divisions, and likely, the rest of the pros. However, it's a numbers game, so this might change depending on registrations by division.

Pool B will be primarily advanced players and Pool C will be intermediates, recs, and juniors. This will become clearer as we begin to fill.

Stayed tuned for sponsorship opportunities and other updates.

Rick

Didn't see this anywhere else in the post:

The 28th Annual KC Wide Open is June 19-20 and will be played on three classic courses:
Water Works
Rosedale Original
Swope
Rick Rothstein

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

thankyoupeter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2010, 11:06:18 AM »
Rick-

Is the Flex Start doubles at Rosedale taking place on Friday June 18th?  I was unsure from the flyer.  Thanks.

Kevin

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2010, 11:38:03 AM »
It looks as though that is the case, though I am not Rick......

You bring up a good point though.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2010, 08:43:51 PM »
Yes.

Rick-

Is the Flex Start doubles at Rosedale taking place on Friday June 18th?  I was unsure from the flyer.  Thanks.

Kevin
Rick Rothstein

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2010, 04:26:57 PM »
We're in need of some full color art for InnColor discs and possibly, on shirts. If interested, let me know.

Thanks,

Rick
Rick Rothstein

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2010, 10:49:24 AM »
Was just curious....Looked out on the Registration site, and noticed only 10 showing as signed up.  I'm sure there's more, and didn't see myself on there yet.  Was just wondering how many have signed up so far, and when it will get updated to show who's in.
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2010, 11:11:58 AM »
Was just curious....Looked out on the Registration site, and noticed only 10 showing as signed up.  I'm sure there's more, and didn't see myself on there yet.  Was just wondering how many have signed up so far, and when it will get updated to show who's in.

James...I just re-sent your registration information to Jeremy Rusco, who is keeping that updated. We received one more pre-registration via DGW. I suspect the list will be updated shortly.

By day's end, sponsorship forms will be ready with options from $30 to $750. The popular get your employer to sponsor and pay your entry fee tee sign option is only $200 this year.  More on this to come.

Rick
Rick Rothstein

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2010, 11:12:31 AM »
Although a B-Tier this year, we're promising A-Tier amenities, which translates into adding at least $1500 in cash to the pro purse, as well as providing ams with 110% of their entry fees in prize value, of which $25 worth will be in the players package. Please take a look at the various levels of sponsorship below and see if any work for you. There is a "bird dog" fee available for those who bring in larger sponsors. For you with jobs, please get with your employer about possibly sponsoring the event with a tee sign, which includes your entry fee. Please get with me if you want to knock on any doors.

Here's a link to the sponsorship form: http://icebowlhq.com/docs/2010KCWOsponsorship.pdf

Thanks,

Rick

Sponsorship Options for the 2010 Kansas City Wide Open—Countdown to Thirty

• Individual Sponsor—$30: Your name will be listed in the tournament program plus you will receive a tournament-stamped premium disc. Choose from Champion Katanas, Star Ontario Rocs, Star Rocs Plus, Champion Teebirds Plus, Champion Glo Gazelles, Champion Glo Whippets, Champion Glo Destroyers, and Champion Gators.

• Tee Sign Sponsor—$100: Your name and/or one-color logo is on a custom tee sign that is yours to keep at the tournament’s conclusion. A tee sign will be be placed at the course of your choice where it will be the seen by that course’s competitors, as well as spectators. In addition, all tee signs will be set up near tournament headquarters during the showcase final round.

• Tee Sign Sponsor With Entry Paid—$200: Talk to you boss about sponsoring the tournament and paying your entry fee at the same time. Your name and/or one-color logo is on a custom tee sign that is yours to keep at the tournament’s conclusion. A tee sign will be be placed at the course of your choice where it will be the seen by that course’s competitors, as well as spectators. In addition, all tee signs will be set up near tournament headquarters during the showcase final round.

• 1/4 Page Ad in the Tournament Program—$50: You receive a 2” x 2.5” space in the tournament program that goes to each player and will be available to spectators.

• 1/2 Page Ad in the Tournament Program—$100: You receive a 4” x 5” space in the tournament program that goes to each player and will be available to spectators.

• Full Page Ad in the Tournament Program—$200: You receive a 5” x 8” space in the tournament program that goes to each player and will be available to spectators.

• Birdie Sponsor—$165: One tournament tee sign and one 1/2 page ad in the Tournament Program.

• Eagle Sponsor—$320: Two tournament tee signs and one full-page ad in the Tournament Program.

• Banner Sponsor—$400:  A 3’ x 6’ banner display featuring your name and/or logo and a 1/2 page ad in the Tournament Program
The banner will be seen by all the players and spectators and is yours to keep after the event. Banner sponsors also receive an official tournament shirt.

• Tee Shirt Sponsor—$400:  Limited to four sponsors. Your logo will be included on the performance shirts that will go to every amateur player, and possibly, every pro as well.

• Showcase Final Nine Sponsor—$750: We’re expecting over 500 spectators for Sunday’s nine-hole showcase final round at Swope Park that will feature the best four open pro competitors. We will name this round for you, reserve the back cover of the program, dress the course to maximize your exposure, and tailor the rest of the package to your satisfaction.
Rick Rothstein

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

Seansponsoredam

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2010, 06:58:16 AM »
No news lately on the 28th Annual Wide Open.  Anything interesting to post Rick, pre-registration, art work, players pack?

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2010, 07:31:30 AM »
Is there a player cap on this rick? I prob wont be able to register til next week.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2010, 09:34:34 AM »
I would imagine the cap is at 270 (90 players across 3 courses).

hyzerponix

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2010, 04:01:15 PM »
There is no reason to have 5 players per card in an area that has more tournament viable courses than you can shake a stick at.

Including Cliff Drive... ;)

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2010, 04:20:21 PM »
?

What course will be played twice per Pool?

Other than most of the pros playing both rounds at Swope on Sunday, things may changes. However, we're leaning towards having most of the advanced players playing Rosey twice on Sunday, with the ints/recs at WW twice on Sunday. Each pool would play the other two courses on Saturday, with the sequence to be determined. When I say "most" means that some smaller divisions might end up in a different pool.
Rick Rothstein

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com