Author Topic: 28th Annual Wide Open - Countdown to 30  (Read 16588 times)

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 28th Annual Wide Open - Countdown to 30
« Reply #165 on: June 21, 2010, 10:13:54 PM »
Yeah Slim is da man. With a 7 on hole 8 and 11 on hole 9 that dude came back with a birdie run like no other. Props big pimpin you sure know how to keep them jets cool. That would be enough to send me into a furious freak out.

ekolk

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 21, 2010, 10:54:04 PM »
Yeah a lot of wackiness this weekend. A big shout to all the great people I had the pleasure of playing with. That includes three rounds with Slim, who helped me keep my cool as I continued to suck it up royally. Also, Joe from IA, Tom from St.L, Matt Shively, and oh yeah thanks to Tim Becks for Caddy action Sunday morning! The upside to this was playing with many equal or better players way down on the low end of MA1. We all have bad weekends and I was on the losing end this time around.

Thank you Rick, Jeremy, Kevin, Ed, and all the rest. Wide Open was great.

I beat Hummel.  ;)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 22, 2010, 09:33:21 AM »
Thanks to Kevin for keeping me from DNF'ing......though it was hard, I did birdie the next hole after taking a double circle 9 on #9 @ Rosey.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #168 on: June 22, 2010, 10:07:42 AM »
Thanks to Kevin for keeping me from DNF'ing......though it was hard, I did birdie the next hole after taking a double circle 9 on #9 @ Rosey.....

I'm glad you stuck it out! Too bad you left early. You actually cashed.   :o
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 22, 2010, 10:16:37 AM »

That wouldn't happen to have been the hole that myself and Chappy heard a certain comment from hole 10 teebox would it?....lol   ;D

hint....starts with an 'F'...lol
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #170 on: June 22, 2010, 10:51:29 AM »
OK, i was only a spotter for 2 rounds, but hey, I Beat Hummell
espouse elucidation

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 22, 2010, 11:07:27 AM »

That wouldn't happen to have been the hole that myself and Chappy heard a certain comment from hole 10 teebox would it?....lol   ;D

hint....starts with an 'F'...lol

I think I heard this from #1 tee :D.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 22, 2010, 11:11:04 AM »
It would have been, I apologized....I seem to have this 3 hole to go curse that I am working on right now....I apologized to the group for my behavior on the hole....this is another reason why I chose to play Am as well so far people are much more tolerable with comments on the course than the pros....

So since I "cashed" it was only good if I picked it up that day?

That is very weak if thats the case, but alas thats the way it goes.  Ken said I could have his funny money, so hopefully he took mine if he got his!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 22, 2010, 12:08:53 PM »
It would have been, I apologized....I seem to have this 3 hole to go curse that I am working on right now....I apologized to the group for my behavior on the hole....this is another reason why I chose to play Am as well so far people are much more tolerable with comments on the course than the pros....

So since I "cashed" it was only good if I picked it up that day?

That is very weak if thats the case, but alas thats the way it goes.  Ken said I could have his funny money, so hopefully he took mine if he got his!

Nope, you both left early. I handed the vouchers over to the TD. The policy of requiring them to be cashed in that very day was clearly stated, and I had merch right there with me. You guys could have picked up some plastic before leaving. Now, I'm not advocating that same day policy. I'm just stating that I did my due diligence and made sure everyone was informed. We tried to hurry and get the results and vouchers ready as quickly as possible and the payout was posted well in advance. Please don't blame the messenger. 
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 22, 2010, 01:00:08 PM »
I heard you Kevin, its not your fault but to "force" someone to get their hard earn winnings is silly especially on fathers day.....its a silly rule, and I doubt one that shuold be carried over if I have anything to say about it in future events in KC.

Now with that being said I really feel as though the 30 day rule with vouchers should be more than enough time to cover it.  I will make my points with the TD's that ran said event!
 ;D
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 22, 2010, 01:17:27 PM »
I had some concerns that were reflected throughout my division as well...this is just FYI and for future events...I had a great time and appreciate all that made this show happen.

- Having to travel to a different course across town to redeem vouchers did not set well with several....especially since it was a once in a lifetime shot at redeeming your prizes.  What happen to the money/prizes that were not redeemed?  Just turn into profit for those involved or did that come back to the club for future event prizes?

- Showing up at swope and expecting to see the pros play for atleast thier last 5-6 holes, only to find out they had been done for a hour....very upsetting.

- Speed of play....I can count on one hand the number of times we walked up to the tee and were able to immediately proceed to play.  Every hole seemed to be atleast a 1 -2 card backup...."icing the kicker" comes to mind.

Once again...I'm just the middle guy trying to be the voice of travelers and new players that I hear talking during play....

Peace....thanks again to all the great locals we have in KC
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

Kevin Simpson

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 22, 2010, 01:51:17 PM »
I heard a lot of people complaining about backups as well, but it must not have been anything out of the ordinary for a tournament- I personally can only count on one hand the number of times I did have to wait to play.

hyzerponix

« Reply #177 on: June 22, 2010, 02:14:45 PM »
My only complaint is that neither of the TDs called my boss to tell him to let me off work for the weekend, so I didn't sign up, but then ended up blowing off work anyway. ;D

Those were some beautiful mornings at Swope and I'm glad I came out to watch some of the action. Congrats to everyone involved and thanks for putting up with me while I took pictures. 8)

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 22, 2010, 02:16:26 PM »
The policy of requiring them to be cashed in that very day was clearly stated, and I had merch right there with me.

Stated for everyone to hear or not, That's the weakest saucest things I have ever heard...!
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 22, 2010, 02:40:02 PM »
The policy of requiring them to be cashed in that very day was clearly stated, and I had merch right there with me.

Stated for everyone to hear or not, That's the weakest saucest things I have ever heard...!

Again, don't shoot the messenger. But then again, we could have handed them a bag full of stuff they didn't throw, wear or even want. That's the way it's been done in the past at a lot if tourneys I've been to, and some I've run myself. At least they had an opportunity to pick from a great selection, and like I said, I had plastic right there with me to choose from. At least one person cashed out right then and there there with a handful of nice plastic and hit the road without ever going to Swope.

("saucest"   ???
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037