Author Topic: PDGA membership question...  (Read 431 times)

coops

PDGA membership question...
« on: January 13, 2010, 07:00:37 PM »
Ok, I'm about to renew my membership and I just want to double check to make sure that I am thinking correctly about this.
I am going to register as an AM because it is cheaper and I am eligible for it but am planning on playing open this season.
There is nothing wrong with that idea... right? Just want to clarify before I go ahead and renew.
Thanks

kreutz21879

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Re: PDGA membership question...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 08:02:56 PM »
as long as you can still play am by your rating then technically they cant stop you. also seeing as they lifted the rule of take money and no going back you can cash all you want and still play am when you want, provided your rating doesnt change. the down side is once you cash you will not be able to compete in am majors. worlds, us ams, doubles. thats all i know of though.
Justin Kreutzer
PDGA# 21879
Grip Tight, Throw Hard, and Pray!!!

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 10:40:17 PM »
I also had a PDGA Membership question. I remember at the last KCFDC meeting someone mentioned that the club gets benefits if we register through the club for the PDGA? Is that right? Can we do that online or do we have to come into DGW? Is it the same if we are just renewing? Will that be something we can do at the ICE BOWL?
PDGA 39363

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 08:47:46 AM »
Yes, the KCFDC gets $5 for each membership application or renewal done through the club using the affiliate member program. You can renew and pay at the Ice Bowl or go to DGW. I'm not aware of any online method at this time but Rick may know more about that.

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org