Author Topic: 13 Found Disc at Rosedale  (Read 1357 times)

bbman

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
13 Found Disc at Rosedale
« on: January 14, 2010, 05:46:05 PM »
Im not listing hole #'s because some were found up top and down under. Plus I cant remember.

1.Blue 09 Worlds Disc --- Name of Frank Boyd----I have called and left message
2.Yellow Wild Cat--- Name of Dave---phone number not good
3.White Aviar--- Dan Weinert-----   Dan I will bring to the meeting
4.Tye Died Camp Valk----Name of John--- Has been called
5.Blue Cheetah---- name of Rick L. ---- Number is bad
6.Yellow Buzz 09 Ice bowl Stamp---- Name of Hans---- Called no answer
7.White #1 Slice----Name of Mike----- has been called
8.Blue Tee Bird ----Name Mike Card---- hAs been called
9.Blue ESP Predator ---Name Drew Neitzel ------ Drew I will bring to the meeting
10.Green Crossfire----Name Paddy --------Number not good
11.Orange Firebird----No NAME------
12.Red Orion---------NO NAME
13.Yellow Valk ------Name Dan Weinert------- Dan I will bring to the meeting.. Oh by the way I like your gold sparkly ribbon ;D

Ok people here is the deal. I am dropping these off at DGW tomm Friday about 4pm. Hopefully all the Karma I get back will be great.
Rosedale Down Under CC 2010

Ash

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Found Disc at Rosedale
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 06:56:02 PM »
Wow, good to see that you went and found a bunch of them before the crackhead that sells them on craigslist found them.
Ash Lawrence
KCFDC # 994

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 07:04:19 PM »
Question...this guy that is selling them down there at Rosey on Fri nights, is it the same guy that is selling some one Craig's List?  I have bought several discs in the past few months from Craig's List (from the same seller, who is always wanting to meet near downtown), and it is making me wonder if the discs I am buying are "stolen."  The names are always cleared off (though are still faintly visible - I cant read them well).  Any thoughts??
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 07:09:13 PM by sirbronco »
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

Ash

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 09:28:26 PM »
I don't know if the guy that sells them at Rosie is the same guy. It's very clear that the guy selling them on craigslist finds them, cleans the name off and resells them. I personally wouldn't feel right buying from him.
Ash Lawrence
KCFDC # 994

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 09:36:52 PM »
I don't know if the guy that sells them at Rosie is the same guy. It's very clear that the guy selling them on craigslist finds them, cleans the name off and resells them. I personally wouldn't feel right buying from him.

Up until I read about the guy selling at Rosey, I did not have any qualms about buying from this guy on Craig's List.  But, I am rethinking it now.  I did get some sweet deals, but if it comes at the price of "stealing" from my fellow golfers, then I am done.  Thanks for that tid bit, Ash!
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 10:04:18 PM »
13.Yellow Valk ------Name Dan Weinert------- Dan I will bring to the meeting.. Oh by the way I like your gold sparkly ribbon

Sparkly gold ribbon aint sh!t once the sun goes down but until them...you can see it glistening in the sun. Looks like an expensive gold braclet shimmering in the white virgin snow.

Once the sun goes down...it looks like the other million baby twigs that line the Down Under course!

PS- Brown yarn was a life saver at the Ice Man...DU it was more of a curse! Again...it looks like the other million baby twigs.

Thanks Brad...awesome to see the CC jump into their course and take control!

Dan
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

knarfks

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 10:31:26 PM »
Thanks Brad, I got the message, I will pick it up at DGW, I have to work the next couple of days. 

Frank

Keizer

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 02:49:10 AM »
Question...this guy that is selling them down there at Rosey on Fri nights, is it the same guy that is selling some one Craig's List?  I have bought several discs in the past few months from Craig's List (from the same seller, who is always wanting to meet near downtown), and it is making me wonder if the discs I am buying are "stolen."  The names are always cleared off (though are still faintly visible - I cant read them well).  Any thoughts??

It's not the same guy. The guy you're buying discs from is Chris Harrington. He is a nice guy, but does engage in the same type of thing, foraging for discs and selling them on CL. I actually lost a disc at Cliff right before he showed up there to play a few holes with us, and I told him about the disc I lost. Two weeks later, I saw it on CL, but when I asked him about it he "remembered" and gave it back to me.

Thing about this is that no matter how sh1tty we think what these guys are doing is, it's not illegal and they are not violating anyone's rights or wrongfully depriving anyone of anything. You lose a piece of plastic at the park, you run the risk of never seeing it again because nobody is under any obligation to return it to you. What these guys are doing is really no different than picking up beer cans for money or metal detecting and finding someone's lost diamond ring-- not at all classy, but not hurting anyone either! (Although I think removing something from Brock's memorial is morally reprehensible, the fact remains it is still public property.) We only get worked up about the discs because we play the game, most of us choose to do the "right thing" when we find someone's lost disc, so it hits home for us. But is getting all angry and judgmental about it worth it over a $7-$15 golf disc that YOU lost? I'd rather get mad at the litterbugs, they're the ones who screw everyone if you really think about it! ;D

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 07:19:47 AM »
Thing about this is that no matter how sh1tty we think what these guys are doing is, it's not illegal and they are not violating anyone's rights or wrongfully depriving anyone of anything. You lose a piece of plastic at the park, you run the risk of never seeing it again because nobody is under any obligation to return it to you. What these guys are doing is really no different than picking up beer cans for money or metal detecting and finding someone's lost diamond ring-- not at all classy, but not hurting anyone either! (Although I think removing something from Brock's memorial is morally reprehensible, the fact remains it is still public property.) We only get worked up about the discs because we play the game, most of us choose to do the "right thing" when we find someone's lost disc, so it hits home for us. But is getting all angry and judgmental about it worth it over a $7-$15 golf disc that YOU lost? I'd rather get mad at the litterbugs, they're the ones who screw everyone if you really think about it! ;D

I'll second that....well said.
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

Ash

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 10:43:12 AM »

It's not the same guy. The guy you're buying discs from is Chris Harrington. He is a nice guy, but does engage in the same type of thing, foraging for discs and selling them on CL. I actually lost a disc at Cliff right before he showed up there to play a few holes with us, and I told him about the disc I lost. Two weeks later, I saw it on CL, but when I asked him about it he "remembered" and gave it back to me.

This post makes me think even less of that person. If they play disc golf and then do that then they are a gigantic POS. It is not at all the same thing as picking up beer cans. I realize once you lose it you have no right to it. However, this a-hole knows when wiping someones name and number off a disc he is doing something morally wrong. People like this are part of the reason why many people admittedly don't return disc. "I never get my disc returned, why should I return someone else's disc." I've heard way too many golfers say that.

I guess I have too high of expectations for disc golfers because the majority are good people. But just like the rest of society, a large percent of them weren't raised right.

I also get irritated when I see a golfer throw down a cig butt or beer bottle.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 10:46:29 AM by Ash »
Ash Lawrence
KCFDC # 994

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 10:55:29 AM »
I was thinking the same thing, Ash!  I have tried to return every disc that I have found...I only have one with a name on it that I could not find the owner of, and have begun to use it.  My thinking is that if I find a name on a disc, I get it back to that person.  If there is no name on it, I still post to find the owner, but usually end up keeping those.  Since living in KC, I have not had a single disc returned to me, but that does not mean that I dont try to find the owner when I find lost discs.

With that being said, I think that it is wrong to be buying other's lost discs, and will stop buying from Craig's List. 
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 11:57:49 AM »

I will note that Chris often brings discs to DGW when there's contact info on the back. He's pretty good about contcting the owners, or dropping off at DGW. 
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

Keizer

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 02:12:32 PM »

I will note that Chris often brings discs to DGW when there's contact info on the back. He's pretty good about contcting the owners, or dropping off at DGW. 

Oh, I'm not saying he sells every disc he finds, just that I've known him to sell some of the discs he finds. Hey, not everyone is blessed with a good job and loads of money, especially in these hard times, and there are far more harmful ways to make a buck.

BTW, Brad, if nobody claims that brand new, unmarked Orange Star Firebird I found on #10 DU yesterday, I'd like it back! ;D

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 02:33:27 PM »
If there's no contact info on the back, I would never expect to get a disc back.  I normally don't keep any discs I find (I have too many as it stands), but I'll give new players discs I find without contact information.  If you want your disc returned to you, then there better be something written on it.

Hanthrolo

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 02:41:03 PM »
bbman--I have been out of town for the last week and I saw you  found my buzz down under--I can come to league sat 1/23 or just tell me where to go and I will  Thanks for keeping your eyes open!!!  913 302 5507