Author Topic: Blue Springs Youth Sports and Rec Expo-Sat Jan 30th  (Read 277 times)

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Blue Springs Youth Sports and Rec Expo-Sat Jan 30th
« on: January 28, 2010, 04:41:57 PM »

Adams Pointe Conference Center
1400 Northeast Coronado Drive, Blue Springs, MO 64014

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If anyone would be interested in coming to a Youth Sports and Rec Expo, it is January 30th from 9am to 1:00pm in Blue Springs.  The KCFDC will be represented by having a booth.  The parks and rec asked us if we would like to be involved and i said of course.  I thought it would be cool if we could put on a couple demos if we have enough room.  We have a booth by the hallway in order to do demos.  Supposedly the hallway we have, is one that everyone must pass through so we are not being shoved into the corner.  Plus i thought it would be cool to have a putting contest so  if anyone would like to donate some items that would be great.  Maybe some discs that are too light or ones you just do not like or want.

I thought this expo would also be a good time to pump  the tournament on  the weekend of May 22-23.  Dan Coffman and i have talked about several different ideas.  One idea was to have a 2 round tourney at LS  and BS Young park on Sunday, May 23rd.  This will be a KCFDC tourney.  We also are working on a second tourney, a grand opening tourney for Young Park for families and rec players on Saturday.  That event will be very similar to the ones that I have run at William Yates.  A tourney for total beginners with an extremely low entry fee and once you turn in your scorecard you get a raffel ticket for a prize. 

I know this is late notice, however if you would like to come out and support disc golf and the KCFDC, please come by.  And if you have some disc golf swag to give away in a raffle or putting contest that woud be great.  Rick was very kind and donated some items for the kids. 

Thanks,
John

Adams Pointe Conference Center
1400 Northeast Coronado Drive, Blue Springs, MO 64014