Author Topic: another win  (Read 6057 times)

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: another win
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 08:58:22 AM »
Agreed.  While I'll always be loyal to the SEC, the true strength of basketball is in the Big East and ACC.

On another note, that Texas/Kansas matchup is looking weaker and weaker.  Texas can't win a game!

Spencer

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 09:14:52 AM »
the true strength of basketball is in the Big East and ACC.

The Big12 has had the #1 or #2 RPI conference ranking ALL season Timmy Crisco...THe ACC is weak this year so don't bring that weak ACC crap.  Look how pathetic Carolina is this year that little fag Roy has 9 losses already and might not make the NIT let alone the NCAA. And he has 10 High School All-Americans on his squad. The Big 12 might not be as deep as the Big East but we will have the 2nd most teams make the tourney and I will take Kansas over any school in any conference if we are peaking at tourney time. There's no one as deep or talented as KU in the country this year. Period. So go suck a razorback dick you SEC Homer!!!  ;D

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 11:18:44 AM »
Spencer hit the nail on the head about KU not peaking yet.
They've only played a couple games where they were hitting on all cylinders. I'm thinking it was the Baylor game and the Missouri game.
Ahhhh!! That was so sweet taking those Tigers to school. On their own court none the less.
If coach Self can convince Xaviar Henry to quit shooting the quick shot after crossing half court with no teamates under the basket instead of trying to get it to a man with an open shot and teach Tyshon Taylor how to run an offense instead of his mouth the rest of the teams would really be shaking in their boots.
Steven Disc Glover

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 12:04:08 PM »
the true strength of basketball is in the Big East and ACC.

The Big12 has had the #1 or #2 RPI conference ranking ALL season Timmy Crisco...THe ACC is weak this year so don't bring that weak ACC crap.  Look how pathetic Carolina is this year that little fag Roy has 9 losses already and might not make the NIT let alone the NCAA. And he has 10 High School All-Americans on his squad. The Big 12 might not be as deep as the Big East but we will have the 2nd most teams make the tourney and I will take Kansas over any school in any conference if we are peaking at tourney time. There's no one as deep or talented as KU in the country this year. Period. So go suck a razorback dick you SEC Homer!!!  ;D

I shouldn't have listed the ACC; they're not playing that well.  The Big East, on the other hand, is deep, and those teams aren't peaking either.  It's tough to convince people to quit drinking the KU kool-aid when it's only 45 minutes away.   :-*

coops

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 01:19:04 PM »
Part of the reason that the Big East is so deep is that there are 16 teams in it to get that kind of depth. The Big 12 can't help it that we have Nebraska (who is getting better) and Colorado and, up until recently, K-State and Baylor. If you added four teams to the Big 12 think of what kind of talent there would be as those added teams wouldn't be added without being at least decent.

And as for all this arguing, it's all academic! That is what makes college basketball one of the best sports around is that, at the end of the season, we'll know who is the best because they will have to prove it.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 02:35:52 PM »
Cooper, that's interesting.  I didn't realize that about the Big East. 

On another side of things, how many Big 12 teams are going to the big dance? 

I've got 5 from the SEC:
Kentucky
Tennessee
Vandy
Old Miss or Miss St.
Arkansas (because if they don't, John Pelphrey is going to lose his job.  Lot of players suspended at the beginning of the year.  Otherwise, they'd be a 7-8 loss team who played a difficult out of conference schedule.  Even though almost beating Texas doesn't look that impressive now.  So I'm rooting for them over Kansas...the Hogs strength of schedule needs some help.)

coops

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 02:44:18 PM »
I'm not good at speculating on bubble teams, but the obvious candidates from the Big 12 are:
KU
Texas
K-State
Texas A&M
And the ones who could get in as long as they keep playing well:
Baylor
Mizzou

Like I said, I don't like to speculate on bubble teams, and that is largely because I'm not all that knowledgeable about smaller conferences or even teams beyond the premier teams in each conference. But, with the Big 12, they may even sneak an extra team in from the Big 12 tournament if one of the non-premier teams in the league can string a few games together.

coops

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 02:47:42 PM »
Joe Lunardi also, on top of my six teams that I listed, includes Oklahoma State, in his tournament field. That makes 7 Big 12 schools.

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2010, 02:49:46 PM »
Go Duke!!!!
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

DrRyan

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 09:14:33 PM »
Spencer hit the nail on the head about KU not peaking yet.
They've only played a couple games where they were hitting on all cylinders. I'm thinking it was the Baylor game and the Missouri game.
Ahhhh!! That was so sweet taking those Tigers to school. On their own court none the less.
If coach Self can convince Xaviar Henry to quit shooting the quick shot after crossing half court with no teamates under the basket instead of trying to get it to a man with an open shot and teach Tyshon Taylor how to run an offense instead of his mouth the rest of the teams would really be shaking in their boots.

You are aware that the game was in Lawrence, correct?   ???  A down year was to be expected for MU after losing Carroll and Lyons.  The game in Lawrence was ugly though.  MU could not take the lid off the basket and KU killed them on the glass.
Put down your shiny new speedy driver and learn to throw the Roc!

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 07:43:55 AM »
Another win. Rock Chalk Jayhawk. Still perfect in Big 12 play. It's looking like yet another Big 12 title, and a #1 seed in the tourney.  ;D

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 08:43:35 AM »
I'll take the Orangemen over the Chickenhawks today, tomorrow doesn't matter!

www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

Spencer

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2010, 09:24:20 AM »

I thought your lame ass mascot was just the "Orange" now...doesn't matter, you don't have carmello anthony or a lucky-shooting jerry Mcnamara this year, and I hope and pray the Hawks get the "Orange" in the Final 4 or Championship game, so we can whip their asses hard...it ain't 2003!!! 

Also-rumor is Jim Boheim was caught sniffing little kids' bicycle seats at a local Syracuse elementary school AGAIN! How many times is that creepy old molester gonna get away with that type of behavior?

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2010, 01:27:46 PM »

I thought your lame ass mascot was just the "Orange" now...doesn't matter, you don't have carmello anthony or a lucky-shooting jerry Mcnamara this year, and I hope and pray the Hawks get the "Orange" in the Final 4 or Championship game, so we can whip their asses hard...it ain't 2003!!! 

Also-rumor is Jim Boheim was caught sniffing little kids' bicycle seats at a local Syracuse elementary school AGAIN! How many times is that creepy old molester gonna get away with that type of behavior?

I guess your sports reference is TMZ? 

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2010, 02:14:56 PM »
timko you are falling right into his trap, step away from the keyboard!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"