Author Topic: another win  (Read 6213 times)

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: another win
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2010, 02:34:07 PM »
timko you are falling right into his trap, step away from the keyboard!

must...resist...arguing...pointless...arguments...

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 02:39:25 PM »
In a really fast voice he responds "KU 5ucks!"  And he dashes out of the room, and out of site!   ;D ::)
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2010, 04:03:52 PM »
Yeah, but that was just one of them other Big 8 fans......some of us really just don't think the Big 8 is all that.......but then I don't start watcing college hoops until about 2 weeks from now, and then wonder why my bracket looks so dang RED!

I was really shocked to hear Carmello doesn't play for SYR any longer, next your gonnay say Wayman Tisdale doesn't play for Oklahoma, and Patrick Ewing, is he gone from Georgetown?  What happened to that Ford Guy from Texas, and the Big dude for Oklahoma Griffin, I mean he was a man amongst boys when I saw him play at the Sprint Center....James Worthy still around?  Kelly Tripucka still play for Notre Dame, and when did Digger leaev there, I saw him on ESPN the other day......But I konw that Brown is still coaching Kansas right?
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 04:24:23 PM »
I thought your lame ass mascot was just the "Orange" now...

And your freakin' chicken hawk is so much better?
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 05:00:46 PM »
While I am an avid KU fan, I will agree that it wouldn't be a good idea to get into a mascot argument. A jayhawk doesn't exactly strike fear into anyone. The JayhawkS do, but not the mascot.
PDGA 39363

Spencer

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 10:19:39 PM »

Actually it is way better. I would much rather have my mascot be a mythical bird as opposed to a PIECE OF FRUIT...and NO, i am not referring to Boheim again when I mention fruit.

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2010, 09:20:18 AM »
ok, that sends this on a tangent to odd mascots http://www.oddee.com/item_96800.aspx

And to think all this time that I thought #2 on that list was K-State's mascot.  ;D Actually its pretty awesome. I might even be convinced to cheer for k-state if that was their mascot!
PDGA 39363

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2010, 10:29:50 AM »
Stay Classy KU fan...
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2010, 10:40:33 AM »
After reading all these posts it is quite obvious that everyone who is maliciously hating on KU is just a jealous douchebag.   You all wish your teams were as good as Kansas, whether you are rooting for Syracuse, Arkansas, and Im assuming the rest of you haters are K-State or Misery fans. As Dave Chappelle would say... "HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE!"  Quit hating so much and just be grateful that you are privileged enough to get to watch the best basketball team in the nation play twice a week on TV free of charge.  And as for what Spencer said about jim boeheim-i agree that dude is a total.....

Another fine specimen of KU excellence........boy with fans like this, its no wonder I don't care about them....

Hockey, a true sport, with real people, that make a difference.  Give Blood, Play HOCKEY!

Basketball, a true whiners sport that is single handedly part of a bigger problem with our society.  Don't believe me, look at all the thugs in the NBA, and the few select people that play.  I understand that you may not want to go that way, because this is college basketball, not pro, but all these kids wanna play in the NBA, and therefore share that same mentality.

Basketball is ok, but its not the end all beat all........I've yet to see a basketball player get 27 stitches and return to the game, but it happens regularly in hockey, who is tougher, and who is more fun to watch?  People with passion to play the game, or tall guys that jump on each other?

Bring us a hockey team Sprint Center, keep all the basketball there College level, and I'll gladly root for the tax dollars!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 10:57:30 AM by Kevin Montgomery »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2010, 10:41:42 AM »
Stay Classy KU fan...

Ditto.  Don't muck it up.
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2010, 10:55:32 AM »
I deleted Brian's post and cleaned it up a bit in the quoted version in Jack's e-mail. I sent Brian a PM giving him the opportunity to clean it up himself but he apparently hasn't seen my PM yet. I welcome him to jump back in with some toned down smack talk if he likes. I pointed out to him that this is a family show. But I understand his exuberance given the run KU is having.

KU is playing some good ball but the season ain't over yet. I don't take sides in this skirmish personally. I just like to watch a good game. A lot of KU games have been a little too lopsided to make it interesting for me lately.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2010, 11:28:22 AM »
from the looks of the deleted post, it's nice to see that some KU fans are still as arrogant as ever.

I am a Mizzou fan and am proud of it.

I think Kansas has a damn fine ball club that will probably make a nice run this year.

Can't we all just get along?

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2010, 11:32:18 AM »
After reading all these posts it is quite obvious that everyone who is maliciously hating on KU is just a jealous douchebag.   You all wish your teams were as good as Kansas, whether you are rooting for Syracuse, Arkansas, and Im assuming the rest of you haters are K-State or Misery fans. As Dave Chappelle would say... "HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE!"  Quit hating so much and just be grateful that you are privileged enough to get to watch the best basketball team in the nation play twice a week on TV free of charge.  And as for what Spencer said about jim boeheim-i agree that dude is a total.....

Another fine specimen of KU excellence........boy with fans like this, its no wonder I don't care about them....

Hockey, a true sport, with real people, that make a difference.  Give Blood, Play HOCKEY!

Basketball, a true whiners sport that is single handedly part of a bigger problem with our society.  Don't believe me, look at all the thugs in the NBA, and the few select people that play.  I understand that you may not want to go that way, because this is college basketball, not pro, but all these kids wanna play in the NBA, and therefore share that same mentality.

Basketball is ok, but its not the end all beat all........I've yet to see a basketball player get 27 stitches and return to the game, but it happens regularly in hockey, who is tougher, and who is more fun to watch?  People with passion to play the game, or tall guys that jump on each other?

Bring us a hockey team Sprint Center, keep all the basketball there College level, and I'll gladly root for the tax dollars!

This is from the July 31 issue of Sports Illustrated and highlights the salaries of "average" professional athletes -- people who are right in the middle of the earning scale for their sport, not the "big earners." Here are the numbers for various professional sports:

Basketball (NBA) -- $5,000,000
Baseball (MLB) -- $2,800,000
Football (NFL) -- $1,750,000
Hockey (NHL) -- $1,500,000
Men's Golf -- $973,495
Women's Tennis -- $345,000
Men's Tennis -- $260,000
Women's Golf -- $162,043
Men's Disc Golf--$2,753  :'(

A few thoughts here:

1. Oh, if I could only be an average NBA player for a few seasons. ;-)

2. Yes, the careers of professional athletes are short. But if you manage your money properly, even 2-3 years in the higher-end sports can set you up for life.

3. I believe these numbers are for salaries only -- they do not include other forms of income. Granted, there probably isn't much endorsement money for athletes at this level, but there's surely some.

4. Golf isn't a bad profession when you consider the fact that you can play competitively for 20-30 years. Compare that to five years as a pro football player and the golfers (at least the men) come out pretty well.

5. I'm surprised that hockey players make so much -- especially considering the state of the sport and that dingleberrys like Jack like it.

6. Yes, women's tennis players make more than the men. The reason? Part of it has to do with the number of them -- the average woman tennis player is ranked #40 in the world while the average guy is ranked #90.

7. Why do men golfers make so much more than women golfers? One word: Tiger. He's raised the purses for everyone in men's golf.

Now, to get back on topic. This is Kansas City. The #1 ranked team in all of college basketball is 30 miles away. Of course we are on the bandwagon. With the Royals and Chiefs as our other local teams, we need a local winner to cheer on. Pooey on the haters and naysayers and orangemen and piggy boys. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!

Oh, I like the Gorillas in Div II too even though they haven't been winning at anything lately other than womens volleyball.  :P  

Hurrishane

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »

This is Kansas City. The #1 ranked team in all of college basketball is 30 miles away. Of course we are on the bandwagon. With the Royals and Chiefs as our other local teams, we need a local winner to cheer on. Pooey on the haters and naysayers and orangemen and piggy boys. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!

Oh, I like the Gorillas in Div II too even though they haven't been winning at anything lately other than womens volleyball.  :P  

Tom, I too am a big Royals, Chiefs, Jayhawk fan ... in fact most people think we have four season, but I know there are only 3 ... Royals, Chiefs and Jayhawk basketball. Unfortunately the Jayhawks are the only one of these teams putting out a winning product. And as far as being a Gorilla fan, well that's too bad. It's better to be a Bearcat! D-II National Champs!
Shane Whitaker
KCFDC #929

Brian

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2010, 10:34:11 PM »
I am a Mizzou fan and am proud of it.

I would be proud of this too.  I can see the desire in Quinn's eyes(for cocaine).