Author Topic: another win  (Read 6232 times)

Spencer

Re: another win
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2010, 08:54:09 PM »
What team do all you HATERS cheer for? I want to know so I can laugh when your teams lose, if they are in the tournament. Take in mind my team went 18-1 in conference play, won our 6th straight conference title, won a big 12 tourney title, and punked gay-state and MISERY all year.  Only ONE team will win the tourney this year-NEWSFLASH-aint gonna be one of your squads. KU lost in embarrassing fashion, but we still accomplished way more than any other team any of you dudes are too embarrassed to even mention on here!  "Don't hate-Appreciate".

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2010, 09:40:01 PM »
What's amazing is that it didn't even take an SEC team to beat Kansas.

I think it's well known that I'm an Arkansas fan.  We sucked this year.  However, I'm not a bandwagon fan that just roots for them when they're good.  However, I'm sure Kansas appreciates you pointing out their "moral victory" of a season.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2010, 09:00:56 AM »
and now all we have is the Royals to cheer on for six months...  :'(   Of course, out here in ThrOlathe we do have the greatest High School football program in the history of Kansas High School football and in the entire metro area to follow each fall.  8)

lucky4ever247

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2010, 09:06:44 AM »
Hawkeyes no
Cyclones nada
University if Nerdy Iowans
O hell ya ::) ;D
RELAX!!!   I do All my own stunts!!!!!

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2010, 09:34:48 AM »

Just cause I'm an equal opportunity hater... Feel free to follow my boyz to the title game!!!
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2010, 09:48:01 AM »
I got news for ya'......Cali is takin' Duke down today!  I'm just sayin'   ;D
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2010, 10:37:10 AM »
Well said Tom. Oh, and we saved you some snow... welcome home  :o
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2010, 10:49:12 AM »
Thanks CD! We had a great time. Every day it was sunny and in the mid 80s. At night it got down to 72. Played catch with our sky styler every day, and got about twenty others flingin the lid thru the week. We scuba dove Tuesday thru Friday at depths of 40 to 75 feet. Checked out a crashed plane on one dive sittin on the bottom at about 60 feet. I think we need to have the club championships in Negril, and make it a week long tourney.  8)

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2010, 12:28:32 PM »
Yeah, HS Football in Kansas. ONHS had a perfect season in '09 and won the 6A championship. They have also won the 6A championship in '03, '02, '01, '00, '98, '97, and '96.

Jayhawks are done this year, but I imagine they'll just re-load and come back to take the big twelve again next year.

KU basketball notable accomplishments:
The program has enjoyed considerable national success, having been selected Helms Foundation National Champions in 1922 and 1923, winning NCAA national championships in 1952, 1988, and 2008, playing in 13 Final Fours, and being regularly ranked in the AP Top 25 college basketball poll. Kansas ranks second all-time in NCAA Division I wins with 2,003 wins (as of March 18, 2010), against only 795 losses (.716 winning %, 3rd all-time). This record includes a 651–106 (.860) mark at historic Allen Fieldhouse. The Jayhawks are first in NCAA history with 91 winning seasons. They have had the fewest head coaches (eight) of any program that has been around 100 or more years. Yet, they have reached the Final Four under more head coaches (six) than any other program in the nation. Every head coach at Kansas since the inception of the NCAA Tournament has led the program to the Final Four. Kansas has had four head coaches inducted into the Naismith Hall of Fame, more than any other program in the nation. A perennial conference powerhouse, Kansas leads Division I in all-time in conference titles with 53 in 103 years of conference play (the MVIAA Conference was created in 1907) through the 2009–2010 regular season. The Jayhawks have won a record 10 conference titles and a record 7 conference tournament titles in the 14 years of the Big 12's existence. The program also owns the best Big 12 records in both those areas with a 188–37 record in conference play and a 28–7 record in tournament play.

And how many final fours has Mizzou been to again?  :P

MOSPARKY

« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2010, 12:42:56 PM »
Zero final fours for Missouri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I know Tom, Kansas is one of the dominant forces in college basketball.  Sorry about the insult to the hs football teams.  Let me know how they do next season, or better yet, make fun the Tigers like you guys do all season, except football, oh wait when ku beats MU in football I do remember people saying something.  How many division championships does KU have in football?  Tyus Edny, who else, oh yeah i forgot there was a clip of UNI beating MU many years ago.  What a coincidence.  Go Tigers and KU fans just rest your heads on your national championship pillows. 

MOSPARKY

« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2010, 12:44:32 PM »
Sorry, I removed earlier post didn't want to get into arguements on this forum about that other stuff. 

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2010, 01:56:01 PM »
A painful way to end a great year... :'(
doc @ground zero

PS If MU plays Duke somehow?  GO TIGERS!

« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 02:11:54 PM by otter »
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2010, 01:59:25 PM »
Coulda, woulda, shoulda KU fans! 
And how sportsman was it of the players to sit on the bench and cry instead of shaking the
hands of the team that just beat you?

The problem is most KU fans build the team up so much all year that when they go down, they
go down hard. It's just sports folks, there are more important things to get excited about in life.
[like watching your friend ace #8 downunder in the snow yesterday]
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2010, 02:28:13 PM »
Yep, the writing was on the wall all season for KU. They just didn't develop the killer instinct. Maybe next year they will be a little pissed and not only win the Big 12 regular season and tourney AGAIN, but maybe not let some underdog knock em out early again.  ???

hyzerponix

« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2010, 04:05:07 PM »
Yep, the writing was on the wall all season for KU. They just didn't develop the killer instinct. Maybe next year they will be a little pissed and not only win the Big 12 regular season and tourney AGAIN, but maybe not let some underdog knock em out early again.  ???

They didn't have the killer instinct in '08 either, ya know, when Memphis gave away the title at the end of the game. They were dominated the entire game, and if CDR makes just one free throw, Chalmers' miracle 3 is meaningless. KU should have sent Memphis thank you cards that year! ;D

Spencer, it doesn't matter who we "haters" cheer for. Unless we cheer for Duke (which I do not), the team we are cheering for is not a perennial powerhouse that gets a team full of top recruits every year and whose fans walk around with huge senses of entitlement. I assume you're a Royals fan, so it's only logical that you hate the Yankees, right? Well, the way everyone else in baseball hates the Yankees is the same way everyone else in college basketball hates Kansas. You have to accept that, dude! You get to enjoy a lot of victories being a fan of that team, however, when you lose in the Big Dance, or when you lose to a rival like MU, be prepared to be piled on for it. As a Red Wings fan, I know the feeling all too well. We get to cheer a lot, but I know how much the rest of the country loves it when we lose.