Author Topic: RE: Rosie's Larry the disc golf guy  (Read 511 times)

Big Wave Dave

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
RE: Rosie's Larry the disc golf guy
« on: February 04, 2010, 04:30:58 PM »
If you've played Rosie regularly you've seen Larry the disc guy.  He doesn't play but when he's not looking for discs he's picking up trash and/or cleaning up beer cans.  Even with all the illicit activity he sees going on regularly you'll never see him cause any problems.  I'm not posting this cuz he's a close personal friend of mine.  I barely know him but I'm glad I do.

Larry finds discs and sells them, but from my experiences he does his best to get the discs back to the original owner first.  I know cuz he's called me at least a 1/2 dozen times (before we knew each other), and I've got plenty of friends with similar stories.  When he's selling I've seen people walk up and say, "Hey, that's my disc".  Whether they're telling the truth or not Larry won't hesitate to give it to them.  You won't hear from the hundreds of players that got their disc back.  You'll only hear from the ones that wanna make him out to be a bad guy.  Larry doesn't find every disc that's lost.  In a lot of cases they're found by punks that have no consideration for who lost it and no obligation to call.  The reason Larry catches so much sh1t is cuz in some cases he trades discs for discs.  If someone walks up and wants to trade this disc for that, Larry has no reason to think the the disc he receives belongs to anyone but the person he gets it from.  He crosses out the name and number and tries to sell it, then someone recognizes their lost disc in the stack and wants to bash him for not calling to return it.

It doesn't matter whether Larry gives his disc earnings to a youth charity or not, he probably returns a quarter of all the discs he finds, and at what expense?  For every Larry basher out there, there are a hundred that are glad he found and returned their discs.  Cut the guy a break.

AreBeezy

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: RE: Rosie's Larry the disc golf guy
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 05:25:51 PM »
Your right BIG WAVE!  Larry has given me back three, THREE, different discs that I have lost over time at ROSIE.  THANKS LARRY!!!!
If the moon was just a disc, where would it's basket be?  Saturn?

robertalan

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 08:54:33 PM »
Of all the discs I have lost over the years (quite a few unfortuneately) I only had ONE person call me to return it to me that I remember.  Maybe if we put "reward if returned to me" on the disc next to our names and phone numbers we might get a higher percentage returned...

Adam Witt

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 11:55:35 AM »
IF HE IS SO HONEST, WHY DOES HE HAVE TO LIE ABOUT SENDING KIDS TO CAMP AND CHARITY? I MEAN IF HE JUST TOLD ME THAT HE SELLS UNCLAIMED DISCS THAT HE FINDS I WOULD SAY MORE POWER TO YOU LARRY! HE NEEDS TO JUST BE HONEST AND I THINK PEOPLE WOULD GIVE HIM LESS GRIEF!
rockin out with my disc out!