Author Topic: Any idea on Tournaments May-June 2010  (Read 740 times)

camgolfer

Any idea on Tournaments May-June 2010
« on: February 09, 2010, 09:18:29 AM »
Myself and a few others are planning to make a trip from Denver to KC in May or June 2010. We would like it to coincide with a tournament or event or some kind. If any knows of some tentative plans for tournaments around that time it would be great so we can plan our trip. Otherwise we will just plan on coming out and hopefully meet up with some KC Disc Golfers who can show us some courses and maybe some BBQ joints as well.

Spencer

Re: Any idea on Tournaments May-June 2010
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 09:28:06 AM »
Mighty MO    Water Works/Cliff Drive    May 1st   PDGA C Tier - 2 Rounds   Jack Lowe
Corporate Challenge    Swope Park    May 1st & 2nd   Non-sanctioned    TBD
FLHW Prostate Cancer Doubles    Thornfield   May 8th   Bring your partner doubles / 2 Rounds   David Emerson
Kansas City Disc Golf Day   Water Works    May 15th   Public/Club fun event   Rick Rothstein
Blue Springs/Lee's Summit/Pleasant Hill    Blue Springs/Lee's Summit/Pleasant Hill    May 22nd & 23rd   TBD   Dan Coffman

The complete schedule is posted under the tournament section where you created this post fyi.

camgolfer

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 09:49:21 AM »
great, thanks! It looks like we might come out for Memorial Day. Doesn't appear that there is a schedule tourney. We want to hit as many courses in a two day span. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 10:00:56 AM »
If you are not planning on coming for a tournament there are still some fun Disc Golf oppurtunitys. One of the local favorite rounds is Friday nights in the Summer at Wyco. Tee time is 6:00. If we know a group of out of towners are coming we often do a special party night at Wyco with a keg, tailgate bar, and hambuggie/braut cooking to show our traveling brothers some KC hospitality. When it gets closer to your travel time, post on here and we can figure it out.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 10:07:11 AM by Tom »

camgolfer

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 10:27:58 AM »
If you are not planning on coming for a tournament there are still some fun Disc Golf oppurtunitys. One of the local favorite rounds is Friday nights in the Summer at Wyco. Tee time is 6:00. If we know a group of out of towners are coming we often do a special party night at Wyco with a keg, tailgate bar, and hambuggie/braut cooking to show our traveling brothers some KC hospitality. When it gets closer to your travel time, post on here and we can figure it out.  ;D

I like this idea a lot. I will post here when are plans are more firm. Thanks!

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 11:31:14 AM »
The KC Wide Open is June 19-20. If you wanted to play a tournament and check out some of the awesome courses KC has to offer you can kill two birds with one stone with that one. Plus, I assume there will be some big names coming into town to play in that one. So it's fun to watch also. Biggest Tournament in KC!
PDGA 39363

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 11:44:56 AM »

second!
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 12:57:54 PM »

Make it the weekend of May 8-9. You could play WyCo Friday and the Double tourney at Thornfield on Saturday!
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.