Author Topic: Kan U Wyco  (Read 2695 times)

grassstomper

Kan U Wyco
« on: February 10, 2010, 01:25:05 PM »
I played in the Ice Bowl 2010 and that was my 1st tourney, had a stellar time and would like to play in more but didn't know if you needed to have a membership to KCFDC and if you accepted intermediate players (like myself) to play in Kan U Wyco tourney or any other tournaments coming up.

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Kan U Wyco
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 01:36:58 PM »
The Ice Bowl isn't exactly like any other tournaments. The Kan-U-Wyco is a PDGA tournament. Which just means it counts for something and its much more organized (right Dick?). These tournaments split up into different divisions including Open, Advanced, Intermediate, and Recreational. Plus womens divisions also. So you can choose which division you want to play in. You don't need to be a KCFDC Member. But if you are a PDGA member typically you get a $10 discount. At least that is how most PDGA tournaments work. There might also be a KCFDC member discount for this, but I don't know. I'm sure some other guys can give you more specific details about this tournament. But this info is pretty standard for most PDGA tournaments. There will be a few non-pdga tournaments that have different rules and stuff that are a bit more like the ice bowl that you can be a part of as well.
PDGA 39363

grassstomper

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 02:05:23 PM »
Ahh... women's division or intermediate would probably work for me then! Thanks much for the quick reply. This helps!

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 03:09:51 PM »
There is a recreational division which might really be the way to go.  Unless you feel you are ready to compete then I would step up into Intermediate.   There is no shame in finding out where you belong by starting out at the beginning.   I will say the one plus side to going ahead with the Int. Division is that you will have people there with a vague grasp of the rules and they can help you learn the basics. 

So.  The way it works is...

Signup with the PDGA and you will NOT have to pay a $10 NON PDGA fee.  NOW!  If you don't want to be a member yet you can just pay the $10 fee and if you so choose to JOIN as a NEW MEMBER you can get that $10 fee back and or taken off your full membership dues.  Basically. 

So.  Signup ONLINE and pdgasignup.com and then pay the temp fee and you will get info on all that jazz.  I say just join because you are giving to a sport you believe in. 

Also, I must remind you this is NOTHING like the Ice Bowl.  That is a charity event that is just for fun and no one really cares the outcome.  This is more structured with set tee times and rules you must abide by.  Those rules will be sent to you if you so choose to join you can also review them online and the pdga.com website.  At the players meeting it will be IMPERATIVE that you show up and listen because there will be some basic rules gone over for people such as yourself.   

Remember kids:  IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO BE PRESENT FOR THE PLAYERS MTG SO YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON!

Other than that I will say we also have the DUI the very next weekend that is NOT sanctioned and is a little bit more relaxed yet we still play by the rules yet we drink A LOT more. :)

good luck
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

grassstomper

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 03:22:15 PM »
Recreational sounds good to me to start, or the DUI since I like to drink  ;D. Thank you all for the advice-at least now I know where to start. I see no reason in not becoming a member of the PDGA as well as the KCFDC, since I LOVE PLAYING and hope to someday compete with the big guys or girls (probably girls, since I am one)  :)

grassstomper

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 11:23:28 AM »
I have played on courses, several times

Cade

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 11:51:13 AM »
I think he means play the course the tourney will be at before the event so that you have a good idea how to play it.
cg

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 12:05:35 PM »
I'm moving up into another division, perhaps Advanced Master's, to give Ron my $$$...

fixed.

grassstomper

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 02:36:25 PM »
I think he means play the course the tourney will be at before the event so that you have a good idea how to play it.

Gotcha

Leo D.

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 05:38:14 PM »
Invite all your lady friends, we need more women!
iscraft Golf Discs

hyzerponix

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 03:30:56 AM »

I got one, and that's plenty.

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 10:55:12 AM »

Sending all of them a text right now.
      Sincerely,  Tiger Woods
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

Amando

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 12:25:30 PM »
hey glad to see another woman on here :) not many play around here but you will get to know us. leagues are a great way to come out and support kcfdc also and drink and just have a blast! they are getting ready to start and i hope to play a round with you sometime :)

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 08:14:10 PM »
I have a woman caddying for me, does that count?
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...