Author Topic: "Orange" Update  (Read 1777 times)

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: "Orange" Update
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 08:06:57 AM »
Sometimes its better to shut your mouth and be presumed ignorant, than to open it and remove all doubt!
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 09:28:12 AM »
Sometimes its better to shut your mouth and be presumed ignorant, than to open it and remove all doubt!

boy you shoulda thought of that one earlier in life huh? :o
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 07:39:45 PM »
says the pot...
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 12:05:53 PM »
black
 ;D
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 08:50:48 AM »
I'm not convinced KU is the number 1 team in college basketball.  I'm also of the opinion that the Big 12 is over-rated right now in college basketball.  Syracuse plays in a better conference IMO.  Louisville is a traditional basketball power and despite their being unranked doesn't mean they can't beat anybody on a given night.  KU squeaked by an inferior Colorado squad and has a lot of closer than expected games this year.  I still say the teams to beat are all on the East coast, and that does include Syracuse and especially Villanova.  I guarantee nobody wants to play 'Nova in the NCAA tournament this year...

Everybody has a right to their opinion.
In some ways I agree but I disagree too.
I am a KU fan. I don't see KU winning the tournament the way they are playing but it sure is funny this years squad is eerily playing the way they did last year. And I didn't have KU winning on my bracket.
They  squeeked out a win against Davidson last year and didn't look good in that game but still won the championship.
So it comes down to just seeing what happens.
 Then when the dust settles and its over, then we'll see who gets to talk smack.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 09:04:47 AM by discglover »
Steven Disc Glover

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2010, 11:47:22 AM »
who cares?
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

robertalan

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 08:14:09 PM »
One of the sad things about college basketball is players leaving for the NBA after only one or two seasons.  Could you imagine how good some college teams could be if most everybody graduated?  I doubt Xavier Henry or Cole will be back next year.  One or both the Morris twins will probably declare also.  There's always surprises in the NCAA tourney.  It seems to me that the teams that have very strong guard play have the best shot at winning the tourney.  Not sure if Collins can do it by himself.  We can only wait and see what happens but I wouldn't be surprised if KU makes a strong run deep into the tourney.  Kentucky is another team with a very strong backcourt (John Wall is a lottery pick next year) and Villanova (despite recent problems) has Scotty Reynolds who's also a lottery pick next year.  I'm not really terribly impressed with any team in the Big 12 other than Kansas.  K State has great athletes but they play very disorganized at times.  Athleticism can only carry a team so far.  Texas is way over-rated.  their guards are weak compared to a lot of college teams.  KU is definitely the standard bearer of the Big 12.  I think Self is an excellent coach and a GREAT recruiter.  He's had success and great athletes everywhere he's coached so far.  It's too bad some of his current squad will be gone next year but I hear KU has some great recruits ready to take their place.  March madness is happening soon and expect big upsets this year as always...

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2010, 08:37:10 AM »
Uh, so WHO won this past weekend?

Hmmm...can you guess who?

NOT THE ORANGE ! HA HA  :P