Author Topic: Holes 12-16  (Read 2003 times)

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Holes 12-16
« on: November 17, 2005, 02:26:36 PM »
Bob Hayett asked me to post a message about the new course layout at Prarie Center. Holes 12 thru 16 have been modified. The new layout will allow play without risk to parked cars, soccer moms, and soccer kids. The new hole 15 shoots over the corner of the pond. The holes should be ready to play on Saturday league, so come on out and check it out. We plan on putting in some alternate pins to stretch out a couple of holes, and possibly an alternate tee box to make for a pro level pond shot. We were restricted by the city on some things, but I think the new layout is much safer to the non-playing park users, and is probably going to be a little more interesting to the Disc Golfers as well. I'd like to aplaud Bob for getting this done, and  to thank Andy Lewis, Bryan Guthrie, Brad Myers, Rick Rothstein, Pete Cashen, and the City of Olathe Parks and Rec for all the extra effort. Let's Play!

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Holes 12-16
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 03:06:31 PM »
Outstanding !!!!!! It sounds like some good things are happening out in Olathe. So there is a water shot on one of the many fine KC courses. I can't wait to play it. Now if some one could just turn the heat back on....
Mike Penney

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Holes 12-16
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 04:53:19 PM »
Tom, did Bob's idea about #12 going to the "original" 15 basket come through?  meaning, essentially 12-16 play backwards from the layout of the past few years?  

steve
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

PikNik

Thanks Bob!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 04:54:49 PM »
Thanks for all of the hard work and improvements!  We all greatly appreciate it!

Nick O'Dell

PikNik

Holes 12-16
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 04:55:51 PM »
Quote from: "eupher61"
Tom, did Bob's idea about #12 going to the "original" 15 basket come through?  meaning, essentially 12-16 play backwards from the layout of the past few years?  

steve

Sounds interesting. I'll have to try that sometime.

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Holes 12-16
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 09:01:16 PM »
I dunno if that's the layout or not.  That was one of Bob's ideas, and seemed very promising.  it's in another thread here, under PC
Bluebird ROCKS!

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Holes 12-16
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 09:02:14 PM »
oops! :twisted:
Bluebird ROCKS!

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
Holes 12-16
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 10:33:11 AM »
Yes...

Holes 12-16 are completely reversed.

12 pad is next to the trail between the ball fieldsjust west of where it used to be shotting at the old 15 & the long 16 pin. (need to trim trees for the 15 deep placement.)

13 pad is on top of the ledge which was in the fairway for 15 shooting at the 14 placements. (probably try to move one of those)

14 pad is just north of old 14 pins shooting to the old 13 pins.

15 pad is on the bank of the pond shooting over the corner to a new placement..put in by Tom and myself Wed. evening.

16 pad is by the light pole at the back of the ball field shooting to just below the old 13 pad location about 10 ft south of the tree line...also put in Wed. evening.

Tom and I are planning on trying to mow and clean out some small trash weeds growing around the new 15 pin before league tomorrow morning...I can't wait to give it a shot.  Keep in mind also if you do play that the pins that are there now will most likely turn into the am placements with longer pins showing up in the very near future.

Big thanks goes out to Bob for spending all day Wed with Olathe parks and rec getting the pads moved and the signs pulled.
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Holes 12-16
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 06:14:54 PM »
COOL!!!!  Thanks, Bob and Andy!  (and P&R and Tom and whoever else)

steve
Bluebird ROCKS!

PikNik

Thanks again Bob!
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 12:02:34 PM »
I got out on Sunday to check out the new set-up.  I have to admit that I was skeptical at first.  I had always looked forward to Holes #12 & #13.  That being said... I really like the new lay-out.  Hole #12 makes for a nice mid-range anny.  #13 is a fun hyzer hole.  #14 still gives you a nice distance hole with the added OB on the left.  #15 is a nice water hole for some added excitement.  You aren't shooting over too much water...but when the pro tee is ready... LOOK OUT.  #16 This was my favorite of the new holes.  It is a down-hill shot with a narrow opening at the bottom.

I really enjoy the new lay-out.  Bob, thanks for taking the time and supplying the vision to continually improve the course.  Thanks to all those others who helped.

Nick

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Holes 12-16
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 09:28:41 PM »
Once all the alternate pads and pins are in place, this is gonna be great!  15 really didn't give me the willy's too much, even from the pro pad area, but the wind was from the south and light when I played it.  A north wind gusty could make matters a lot different, even though the water won't be too much a factor for rightie backhanders.  

Congrats to Bob, and whoever else helped, and the P&R.  This has been a long time in the making, and it's finally here.  

Check it out!!
Bluebird ROCKS!