Author Topic: Snow Report in KC  (Read 577 times)

CHAS.

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Snow Report in KC
« on: February 28, 2010, 03:41:58 PM »
Snow, I am really starting to hate it. Startin to feel good enough to toss a few disc's around. Been to Jackson Park somebody has been there recently shootin in the snow. Just this morning throwed afew down my driveway into the neighbors yard, surprised I could throw that far. Spent 30 minutes with a shop broom handle fishin for discs. My question is if somebody let me know when the snow gets thin enough to at least practice puttin @ maybe WW, Shawnee, Wyco or Olathe. Going stir crazy. Help!

coops

Re: Snow Report in KC
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 05:05:52 PM »
Play Olathe... there is almost no snow on the ground there!

porkchop

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 10:13:49 AM »
Are you for real?? You are seriously sick of a few inches of snow. I would gladly take only a few inches, I have about 2 ft of snow in my yard in Des Moines.

Here in DSM we're on an ongoing streak of 84 days with a snow depth of 4" or more, and currently on a 21 day streak of a snow depth of 13" or more. We've had 62.3 inches of snow this winter, while KC has had 34.3 inches of snow; however your snow melts most of the time as you have only had a total of 13 days with 1 inch or more of snow on the ground. Our average snow depth this entire winter has been 6.3 inches. We've broken about ever record in the books, so don't even start in on being sick of the snow. Here are the totals for ya

I’ll see ya at Wyco in 2 weeks; I’ll be the guy wearing shorts and flip-flops  ;D

CHAS.

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 10:23:12 AM »
Sorry guy I live north of Kc about an hour in rural Atchison. I have more snow on the ground than Kc but not as much as you. Yes with this weeks forecast the snow should be all but gone here and be glad to see you @Kan-U-Wyco if my wife lets me it's our anniversary she might make me stay home and remind her what a mistake she made thirteen years ago.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 10:53:00 AM »
Are you for real?? You are seriously sick of a few inches of snow. I would gladly take only a few inches, I have about 2 ft of snow in my yard in Des Moines.

Here in DSM we're on an ongoing streak of 84 days with a snow depth of 4" or more, and currently on a 21 day streak of a snow depth of 13" or more. We've had 62.3 inches of snow this winter, while KC has had 34.3 inches of snow; however your snow melts most of the time as you have only had a total of 13 days with 1 inch or more of snow on the ground. Our average snow depth this entire winter has been 6.3 inches. We've broken about ever record in the books, so don't even start in on being sick of the snow. Here are the totals for ya

I’ll see ya at Wyco in 2 weeks; I’ll be the guy wearing shorts and flip-flops  ;D

I can speak from experience, the snow in Des Moines SUX!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 11:52:04 AM »

I can speak from experience, the snow in all of Iowa SUX!

Fixed.