Author Topic: Getting Ready for KAN-U-WYCO?  (Read 3945 times)

The Can tankerous A.N.G

• Pro Poster
  • Don't look now!
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Ready for KAN-U-WYCO?
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2010, 10:35:48 AM »
Dick, the OB sounds good, and, frankly there really isn't that much of it. It is going to be nice for everyone playing 7,9, and 17, because people will do their best to avoid going OB and that keeps everyone out of everyone's fairway.

I have been to at least 3 tournaments where I was playing the courses blind and there was additional OB added. The locals there were probably grumbling a little bit too.

Makes it more challenging, which is fun but also makes us want to play more and become incredible so little OB lines don't present that much of a challenge! Enough of my rambling; I am not even playing Wyco, only the Drinkin' Doubles on Saturday.  ;D

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2010, 11:11:53 AM »
I like the cantankerous one!  Thanks Angie.

I will say what I have always stated.  I am a very, IMO, progressive golfer.   I look to the future of the sport.  I appreciate what has been done locally in KC; as far as our amount and quality of courses that we have.  I also feel every course has its place.  Even SMP.  Though what we don't have out here are a lot of championship style golf courses.  I am just trying to give a taste of what I feel is tournament golf.  Whether you agree with me or not is not up for discussion now.  I know most of you don't, that has been established.  Though....  I feel I have given back to our community in more ways than one, and now have offered to run this event.  You now, mainly because I am in control of this event, just have to play it and enjoy the challenges ahead, or give up your spot to one of the 14 people on that waiting list who do want to play amd probably wouldn't complain about any of it.   

Thanks again to everyone who signed up early and we will have fun as long as  U Kan Wyco!
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Kevin Simpson

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2010, 12:47:23 PM »
I really don't understand why everyone is dogging the OB. All that matters is fairness. A good layout should reward good shots and punish bad ones, and OB accomplishes that. Everyone has to play the same course- it's only unfair if the OB is arbitrary and unreasonable.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2010, 12:48:30 PM »
Not everyone can throw straight I guess :)
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2010, 12:59:16 PM »
I'm actually hoping the OB comes to my advantage.   ;D
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

coops

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2010, 03:26:43 PM »
Dick,
Question... which tree is the mando on hole 4? Is it the one that is right next to the tee pad? (Which I would imagine would be the first tree.) Or is it another one somewhere down the fairway.

BTW, I saw the flags today marking where the OB will be and they look pretty good. If anything, they could be moved in a little (like on hole 11). Good work with setting up the course to make it more challenging, I'm really curious to see how it will affect scoring on tourney day, but I guess that depends largely on how much wind we have.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2010, 03:32:12 PM »
I think thats it.  Sorry, I saw it yesterday and made a note of it but only enough to remember when I see it.  I remember it being impossible to miss unless you try the dumb hyzer.

As far as the OB goes.  You couldn't be more right.   but...   
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 03:34:59 PM by dickthediscparker »
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

coops

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2010, 03:34:40 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking about trying to take one over the top, but it definitely isn't a hyzer so I was just trying to figure out where it was so I could know if my line was going to be legal or not.

Honestly though, it is still a very risky line (the non-hyzer further up the fairway version) and I would probably only try it in doubles or if I'm WAY behind and need to try to two that sucker.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2010, 03:35:59 PM »
It is ONLY because that puts your second shot next to hole #7 and slows down the game.  I really don't care if people do it other than that. 
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2010, 04:17:46 PM »
played today.still a little wet,as far as the OB,not bad at all,hole 13 still has me lost,but once the lines are there should be ok,only went OB twice,
of course the 2nd round should make it a little harder

Cade

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2010, 04:43:17 PM »
Played the course today. I like the layout. I think the OB you implemented is smart and will make for a better tourney.
cg

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2010, 01:55:39 PM »
I'm getting ready to head that way.  Anyone else?
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

mansizioux

• Am Poster
  • JV Golfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2010, 10:23:13 AM »
I like the OB's DICK, looking forward to playing next week.

Lance Dwyer
You can"t always do what's right, but you can always do what's left.

Spencer

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2010, 07:36:46 PM »
Course looked nice today dude-i had the most miserably hung over crappy round i can recall, and had no business being on the course, but of course i still had fun and liked all the OB.  Since people will be reading this thread who played out there I left a worlds blue z-drone somewhere on the course today between 10:30-12:30. Name and number written all over the back.  Im thinking my 67 would not cash next week in advanced.  For anyone with scuba gear i intentionally left a red voodoo putter at the bottom of the pond.

Kevin Simpson

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2010, 08:26:51 PM »
Dick- Any reason you didn't just make 10 a mando left of the gap on the right?