Author Topic: Fuzzy Pony 2010 Details  (Read 862 times)

DiscWiz

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Fuzzy Pony 2010 Details
« on: March 29, 2010, 01:00:17 PM »
The Fuzzy Pony is full, thank you to everyone that signed up and to those who have tried to. Tee time for the Fuzzy Pony is set for 9:40 am April 3rd with a players meeting 30 minutes before.  There will be parking in the circle drive and behind the barn.  Just pull up to the barn and do the best you can to stay out of the yard. 

When you arrive, please come hungry! We will be selling large plates of Biscuits and Gravy for $5 (yummmmmmmy). Also clean out your car, trunk, basement and anywhere else that you have unwanted discs you are willing to donate. Instead of having a disc reseller we will be reselling the donated discs. If you see one you like, please know that ALL money raised at breakfast, tips and “recycled” disc proceeds will support the Lawrence Humane Society. Itʼs OK if you donʼt have any to donate. 

Check the website for details and last minute changes.  http://discthehorse.com.

Dave

bensdadfred

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Fuzzy Pony 2010 Details
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 04:37:00 PM »
EXCITEMENT BUILDS!!!!  ;D
2 Things: Don't sweat the small stuff & everything is small stuff!

DiscWiz

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 07:28:10 AM »
Will be working on the course both Tuesday and Wednesday, so feel free to come out and play.  Check the course mailbox for maps located just next to the #9 basket by the house. 

Dave

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 07:59:01 AM »
I'll have a limited supply of LED GLOW lights with me if anybody needs some for the night round.

DiscWiz

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 06:26:14 PM »
I have my glow sticks...there is a strong rumor that the large burn pile by the 7th teepad will be lit and the remaining kegs moved on to the course for the night round.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 06:09:26 AM »
The forecast keeps changin, but when I checked just now it's calling for the rain ending by 10:00 tonight, and clear all day tomorrow for the Pony with sunny skies and temps around 62.  8)

DiscWiz

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 07:37:11 AM »
It appears the weather has finally made up its mind and once again the doom and gloom forecast for the Fuzzy Pony has been turned on its head.  Latest Wx forecast has us for 63 deg, sunny with 12 knots of wind.  With the WX worries behind us I a want take this opportunity to once again remind you of the Number One Rule of the Fuzzy Pony:  Come hungry for the Biscuits and Gravy!  With the sales of the Biscuits and Gravy, reselling of the donated discs,( bags and whatever disc stuff) and commitments to match donations from a couple of our participants, we hope to raise over $1000 for the Lawrence Humane Society. 

If you did not receive one of our mailed invites here is the story on the donated discs from the registration form:

While the Fuzzy Pony does pay back 100% of its entry fees, thanks to our sponsors, we also try to help out the Lawrence Humane Society. Last year the Fuzzy Pony raised over $350 for the Lawrence Humane Society by selling biscuits and gravy at breakfast and the kind tips left at the bar. This year's financial difficulties have proven to be especially hard on our furry friends and the Humane Society has had to care for ever-increasing numbers. How can you help? When you arrive, please come hungry! We will be selling large plates of Biscuits and Gravy for $5. Also clean out your car, trunk, basement and anywhere else that you have unwanted discs you are willing to donate. Instead of having a disc reseller we will be reselling the donated discs. It's OK if you don't have any to donate. If you see one you like, please know that ALL money raised at breakfast and “recycled” disc proceeds will support the Lawrence Humane Society.

If you have family or friends that would like to visit, everyone is welcome for the Fuzzy Pony.  We have plenty of beer and hot dogs for guests (Note; Da-Brats is for Da-Players).   Thanks for your support and we look forward to seeing everyone bright and early on Saturday.  Registration starts around 7:30 AM with a planned Tee Time of 9:40 AM and there will be a group photo just before the lunch players meeting as a thank you to our sponsors

Oh ya, follow the link for there is hardware at the end of the day!

http://picasaweb.google.com/112051589505502438811/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCOuf_sSSmaPscg&feat=directlink

Dave Wismer

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 07:43:12 AM by DiscWiz »

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 07:37:23 AM »
It IS looking nice!  Look forward to seeing you all there.

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 09:55:24 AM »
Are you gonna have a division with less than 3 people in it?

Thanks for all the love and hard work Wiz!!!!!!! I will be there in the morning Hung-over and STARVING...

Biscuits and gravy is my weakness, like hot Perkins waitress' to Tiger Woods
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 10:06:04 AM »
I have my glow sticks...there is a strong rumor that the large burn pile by the 7th teepad will be lit and the remaining kegs moved on to the course for the night round.

I had read that somewhere as well....... ;D
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

DiscWiz

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 01:57:53 PM »
Tank, the Sr. Grand Masters division only has two players, but if you divide their total age by 20 you get the equivalent of a field of 6.  Don't be too hung over as the Head Brewer from 23rd street brewery is providing the beer and playing as well.

Dave
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 02:43:17 PM by DiscWiz »