Author Topic: Young Park Tourney- Sunday, May 23rd  (Read 1762 times)

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Young Park Tourney- Sunday, May 23rd
« on: March 31, 2010, 04:00:10 PM »
Still working out most of the details for this tournament on Sunday, May 23rd. What i do know is that we are going to have a two round event at Young Park, which means NO TRAVELING!   Still working/coming up with a  name for the event so if you  got anything good i would like to hear it.  I like the "Eastern Front", which Palmer suggested.  This is a good name when/if we combine Lee's Summit, P hill or  Young Park next year.

John

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Young Park Tourney- Sunday, May 23rd
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 06:24:43 PM »
another name that i came up with was the East Side Throwdown

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 08:35:31 PM »
Any word of when they are planting the baskets?

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 09:23:42 AM »
They will not be planting the baskets  :).  they will be planting flowers, bushes, shrubs, and putting down grass seed. 

Baskets will not be installed  until mid May.  We want the grass to take hold before it gets completely trampled. 

There will be a grand opening event on Sat, May 22nd.  You get a $5 dollar disc and if you finish your round and turn in your score card you will be eligible for raffle prizes.  This event is to promote the course and get newbies out playing.  Very similar relaxed format like Disc Golf Day.   More details coming soon about the grand opening event. 
John

bbman

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 01:04:12 PM »
John I can probably help that day if you need it.
Rosedale Down Under CC 2010

hyzerponix

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 05:28:05 PM »
Looking forward to this one! ;D

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 07:34:52 PM »
Guess Im not the only one planting then :) Thanks for the info.

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 11:18:54 AM »
..... Very similar relaxed format like Disc Golf Day.   More details coming soon about the grand opening event. 
John

Be sure to have flyers ready for the Disc Gofl day then, a great chance to cross advertise for the event the next weekend!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 01:43:09 PM »
They put tee signs in yesterday and today.  Really nice materials were used to construct the signs.  they used heavy duty dark green plastic for the post and they constructed framed signs a lexican cover beneath the frame. The design is sweet.  The top of the sign has a hinge on it that connects to the post.  the bottom of the sign has a bolt that runs through the front  of the sign and the bolt continues through the post and locks from the back.  there is a spot cut out in the post (below the sign)for a colored metal tab that hangs flush against the post.   the bolt on the front of the tee sign goes through colored metal tab.    this flat colored piece of metal can be removed by unlocking the lock from behind the post and pulling the bolt through the post.  Then the colored metal tab can be flipped showing another color when the basket is in different positions.  Hence, not having to wondering where the pin is.  On many courses you can see the basket, however, on a woods course it is nice to know where the basket is. 

Their great work is no surprise, because everything out there has been top notch up to this point.  I believe next Saturday local boyscout will be putting on a mulching party.  Then i have been told seeding will begin after that in the following weeks. 

I will keep folks informed of what is happening and will likely have  a couple work days to get things tiddy up before the kickoff weekend.

John

hyzerponix

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 02:58:08 PM »
Then i have been told seeding will begin after that in the following weeks. 

Uh, that doesn't bode well for a May opening, man. The grass will sprout by then but even the slightest amount of foot traffic will tear it up.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 01:06:45 PM »
Great work out there John. I haven't ventured by there yet but going to soon.
This event is a great idea. Anything to bring awareness to the sport is awesome.
A guy I work with says its top notch. He freaked when he found out they were doing all that just for disc golf.
Steven Disc Glover

GOT D??? do u

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 11:08:30 AM »
I cant make it ill ummm b washing my hair...  :D

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 12:51:04 PM »
The weather forecast cast is looking fantastic, almost hot!!  We got 80 degrees forecasted.  We got 26 signed up and a ton of folks have already told me they are playing.   Come out on Saturday and register at the Grand Opening Ribbon Cutting.  You get a free disc on Saturday and can play the course and get ready for Sunday.