Author Topic: league play?  (Read 1271 times)

cro

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
league play?
« on: April 02, 2010, 01:40:44 AM »
New to the forum....been playing for a while now....never played league and was wondering how and where to get started?
Matt Crowe
PDGA #48148
KCFDC #1318

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: league play?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 01:53:25 AM »
i run league at cliff drive on monday nights.  if you remind me you are new to leagues, i try and make sure you are on my card just to show you the ropes.  if youre not able to play mondays, i recommend you play a league at a course you are familiar with.  (cliff drive/olathe on mon, smp/swope on tue, rosey on wed, waterworks on thurs, or legacy/wyco on fri.)  pretty much all of the golfers in the kc area would be happy to help you out on your first outing.  if you would like to play a round and get more details, give any course coordinator a call or call me at 816 237 0813 and i'd be happy to get you started.
Drew D Neitzel

cro

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 02:04:38 AM »
great info...what time do you usually start? cost? 
Matt Crowe
PDGA #48148
KCFDC #1318

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 08:57:29 AM »
most of us are starting at 5:30 for this week.  We will gradually be pushing it back to 6:00 tee times as daylight allows.  please have your name and money to the person running league 15 minutes before the scheduled tee time.  League costs are $7 for Open players and $5 for everyone else.  If you want to be eligible for the ace pot, its an extra $1.  Current KCFDC members receive $1 off their entry fee.
Drew D Neitzel

cro

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 10:59:49 AM »
what is "open" as apposed to "everyone else"? 
Sounds like fun, hope to be there on Monday.

Thanks,
Matt
Matt Crowe
PDGA #48148
KCFDC #1318

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 12:40:32 PM »
Open is the pc disc golf term for pro in pdga events. Generally in our leagues, the open divisions should include people who would normally play open or advanced in a pdga event.  These players usually take leagues slightly more seriously, especially as a tournament nears. The excess fees allow them to compete for bigger pots.  Everyone else refers to masters (40+), most women, juniors, and ams.  The am division at leagues is mostly the people who would play intermediate or rec in a pdga event. 
Drew D Neitzel

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 12:47:53 PM »
You might want to tell him where we meet out there.
Steven Disc Glover

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 06:09:14 PM »
show up a little early if its your first time and look for a gathering of people with golf discs.  at most leagues this is at a nearby shelter or near hole 1.
Drew D Neitzel