Author Topic: big ol tree fell on 2  (Read 910 times)

Dirk

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
big ol tree fell on 2
« on: April 05, 2010, 03:21:55 PM »
I have made the parks department aware of the huge tree that fell on hole 2 covering the main fairway.
We'll get it cleaned up. Lucky the basket was in long spot or it may have been mangled.

Until then, this is forcing shots into a narrower gap on the left, so the hole is still playable and makes it kind of interesting IMHO.

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: big ol tree fell on 2
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 04:18:12 PM »
Myself, Starks, LZ and Jake played SMP, and the tree made for quite an interesting hole.  It added a stroke to each of our scores on that hole.

aarong

• Am Poster
  • no low putts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 09:17:21 PM »
wow starks and LZ are still alive?

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 09:48:46 AM »
wow starks and LZ are still alive?

I raised them from the dead.  Starks is going to be my partner at the Prostate Doubles, so watch out, team 2$hort is coming for ya!

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 10:26:32 AM »
On hole 3 tee box a big tree is split and leaning into the narrow opening as well. Now, not only is it a narrow opening, but it has a low ceiling too. Couple that with the possiblility of being crushed to death by log and you have one scary hole.  :o

BamBam

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 11:12:53 AM »
On hole 3 tee box a big tree is split and leaning into the narrow opening as well. Now, not only is it a narrow opening, but it has a low ceiling too. Couple that with the possiblility of being crushed to death by log and you have one scary hole.  :o

I alerted them about this at the office on Sunday and they said it would likely be addressed on Monday. Was still there yesterday. It's not really a good situation.

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 11:24:21 AM »
Also, on hole #3, the the gap to throw out of got a little tighter as one of those trees has split in half leaving a much shorter window to sneak out of. That might need to be addressed too. It makes it more challenging, thats for sure. But its not as bad as the tree on 2. It could however be a potential danger if it falls anymore.
PDGA 39363

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 03:32:02 PM »
The trees that were blown over on holes 2 and 3 have been cleared. A partial regrading of the area directly in front of hole 3 tee box and some would chip placement has been accomplished.  :)