Author Topic: Perfect Disc Golf Weekend!  (Read 944 times)

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
Perfect Disc Golf Weekend!
« on: April 07, 2010, 11:39:18 PM »
From a future disc golfer after his first official Smithville event…

I wrapped up my plans with the wifey…told her we could go to Smithville for the weekend for the Smithville Open Disc Golf Tourney. She could go shopping downtown with the girls while I played disc golf….all weekend, on 3 courses, with water all around us.  Then later on that night, we could rent a boat or ride on my buddy’s pontoon. He promised to have us back to shore in time for the concert to start…right there near the disc golf course. Needless to say- she was pumped!!

Everything fell right in place. Smithville had pre-arranged with us and they knew we would need a campsite, tents and firewood. I’ll be damn that once we got there, everything we were promised was there waiting for us. Instructions were clear where to park…hell I didn’t use my car all the rest of the weekend.

The concert was a blast and the new amphitheater they built is awesome! Beer was flowing, reasonably priced and under control. To see the stage, with all the boat lights behind it and right down on the water…pure magic!

We knew there was going to be some glow action that night after the concert…they flipped a switch on stage and lit the whole course up for night play…never seen that done before but was the most fun we have ever had disc golfing…night or day!

We got school bus rides for everywhere we needed to go. Showers, beach, practice course, real course…here again on 3 water front courses. (Did I mention showers...with hot water?)

The tourney was flawlessly ran…not sure how this course got that good that quick but damn that was fun.

Sure am glad I helped Dan build this thing. I got my Year Parking Pass just for volunteering and helping put this course in…hell I would have gladly paid the $40 to come in! I cannot believe that’s all they charge for how nice the place is. I hear that mow every week out there…that’s unheard of in the big city these days!

Oh…did I mention all the Pros I saw while I was there. Hell we all ate together 3 times a day…all included in the tourney price. Nice bunch of guys when you get them in that atmosphere.

Thanks Smithville…I will be back next weekend for sure! I hear next weekend it will be setup in Shoreline Drive mode…all 18 holes right by the water. Insane!!!

You guys ROCK!!!

PS- What’s all about the rumor of three more courses you are putting in on the North side of the Lake…tell me it’s true!!! 6 championship disc golf courses, on the same lake…some on pinch me because I must be in Paradide!
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

hyzerponix

Re: Perfect Disc Golf Weekend!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 10:17:27 AM »
I thought you already were a disc golfer... ;)

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 10:20:51 AM »
I thought you already were a disc golfer... ;)

Not about me sir and obviously not a very consistent one!  ;)

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 11:15:55 AM »
Someone has too much time on their hands if they are writing fictional letters from non existent people from the future. Maybe by the time a tournament like this actually happens we will be able to travel into the future. Or at least ride from hole to hole on our hoverboards  :D
If I got a nickel for every time that I aced at least I'd have a nickel!

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 03:15:42 PM »
or maybe WE have too much time on our hands to read it  ???  ;D

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 10:55:20 PM »
Maybe by the time a tournament like this actually happens we will be able to travel into the future....

Not that far away sir...TRUST ME!

Dan  :o :o

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 12:03:51 PM »
Dan
You left out  the huge galleries that include all the hot women groupies  dying to get the attention of a disc golfer.
Steven Disc Glover

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 05:21:56 PM »
Dan
You left out  the huge galleries that include all the hot women groupies  dying to get the attention of a disc golfer.

Think we just secured Hooters for this request sir! Nice idea Mr. Glover!!!

When you see this at the complex one day soon boys and girls, you can thank the "Dans" for this treat!  ;)