Author Topic: Eastern Front Tournament-May 23rd Young Park Blue Springs  (Read 4202 times)

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Eastern Front Tournament-May 23rd Young Park Blue Springs
« on: April 22, 2010, 10:41:57 PM »
The KCFDC and the Blue Springs Parks and Rec are proud to present THE EASTERN FRONT Disc Golf Tournament. Young Park is the  metro's newest course and will have its first tournament on May 23rd.  This is a two round event.  Players pack includes a tournament stamped Limited Edition Crystal Challenger or Buzz, a 2 sided color tournament shirt, and a 8" Mr. Goodcents sub and drink(order for sandwiches will be taken when players check in on May 23rd).   In addition, there is a raffle for a Zune, XBOX 360, portable baskets, and disc golf gear.  All KCFDC members will receive one raffle ticket with entry.  Additional raffle tickets may be purchased.

Pre-registration is required.   There are two ways to register
1. Go to the link  http://www.discgolfdicks.com/Events.html and  pay by using PAY PALL.  Look for the PAY PAL Button at the bottom of the Eastern Front tournament flyer. 
2. Or you may preregister at Disc Golf World. 

Come out and play a style of course that is unique in KC. Young park is woody, with great shot variety,  good elevation, three water holes, risk reward holes, fantastic tee signs,  huge concrete tees, and powder coated orange-blaze Mach V baskets.  More information can be found on the tournament flyer at  http://www.discgolfdicks.com/Events.html

YOU WILL NOT WANT TO MISS THIS EVENT!!!

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern Front Tournament-May 23rd Young Park Blue Springs
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 09:49:20 PM »
I dont use pay pal and dont see myself driving to disc golf world by next saturday is there any other way possible I can get registered to play this tourny?

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 06:19:00 PM »
You do NOT need PayPal to use the service.  You just need a credit card.  Just click on buy and continue one. There will be a place to put in your information .
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 10:28:08 AM »
THANKS RICHARD!!!!!

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 01:43:33 PM »
I'm signed up for Masters...
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

GOT D??? do u

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 02:15:38 PM »
Hey John i got a ? for ya after reading about what has happened at William Yates... Is this course technically on school grounds since  B.S.S. is right next door or is it a separate city park? just thought i would mention that so people were informed of the partying rules there. ???
i am gonna try n make it both days so if its not cool to party there u should inform people of that NOW so we dont have any problems out on the course ;D

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 03:34:11 PM »
though it is close to the school, the area is technically park land.  You still want to behave accordingly to the rules
http://www.bluespringsgov.com/index.aspx?NID=240

THey already have the disc golf link on the site!
http://www.bluespringsgov.com/DocumentView.aspx?DID=1833

Alcohol is allowed in the park, but it is to be used responsibly.  Now that is a park order, as the park is city owned and maintained, but it does not give you the right to come out and throw a kegger on the property.  Use common sense.  Control your intake, be responsible for your trash and leave the park cleaner than you found it.

Also remember IF the tournament is a PDGA event and as such is to be followed by the PDGA rules and guidelines which means that during the event (from the time the 2:00 warning is issued until your round is finished-your scorecard turned in-) it is a violation of the rules, as such you will be immediately disqualified and subject to revocation from the PDGA by the disciplinary board.

I hope that this helps.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 04:21:35 PM by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 03:44:24 PM »
I thought it was just a KCFDC event?

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 04:01:50 PM »
Not a PDGA.  next year we are looking to expand the Eastern Front to a PDGA event and multiple courses.  I just wanted to run one and get it under my belt before i took a little more responsibilty on. 

The parks workers told me that they can't wait to hang out, drink beer and play disc, so....  i think legal adults drinking will be acceptable.   ;D

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 04:11:51 PM »
Not a PDGA.  next year we are looking to expand the Eastern Front to a PDGA event and multiple courses.  I just wanted to run one and get it under my belt before i took a little more responsibilty on. 

The parks workers told me that they can't wait to hang out, drink beer and play disc, so....  i think legal adults drinking will be acceptable.   ;D

Nice job sir!!!

Dan  8)
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 04:15:36 PM »

i can't wait to see dan coffman doing kegstands in the parking lot!

GOT D??? do u

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 10:09:37 PM »
I dont drink very often anymore & i can honestly say i have tried playing DG 4 times while drinking & i sucked so thats not the issue for me just wanted to let others know... REALLY glad its a CITY PARK so it wont be a problem for the GAME ENHANCER PLAYERS ;D  :D

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 07:37:34 AM »

i can't wait to see dan coffman doing kegstands in the parking lot!

That just can't happen.  If he were to attempt it he would knock out the sun with his heels.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 01:34:38 PM »
Dan might be not drink, but i bet he might after a couple rounds at Young.  We threw some holes awhile back and he lost two discs in the drink  in matter of no time. 

Seansponsoredam

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 07:35:08 AM »
Great job John.  Do you have any idea what kind of buzzz is going to be handed out on the 22nd.