Author Topic: Stolen Disc???  (Read 432 times)

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
Stolen Disc???
« on: May 02, 2010, 06:09:21 PM »
Sorry for the cross post but I thought that this might be relevant to folks playing at Prairie Center.

I lost a light blue surge on hole 10 @ Prairie center this afternoon, has my name and number on the bottom.

I say lost but I honestly believe it was stolen.  I could have sworn my drive was within 10-15 ft of the pin, I kind of meandered down the hill noting that a couple of those young trees are down and should be tended to.  I look down to the pin and see a man with a light blue disc in his hand exiting the park at that gate and getting into his truck.  I thought nothing of it till I get down there and can't find my disc.
I do believe that this man took it.  I hope I'm wrong, maybe in went into the storm drain that's near the pin, or i really didn't get that close and it's still out there.  I looked for twenty minutes and there are very few places there for a disc to hide, if you find it please call me.  But you may want to be on the alert, you see an older brown pickup parked down by the far pin for hole 10 then you should keep an eye on your disc.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 06:12:51 PM by dan howard »

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Stolen Disc???
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 06:32:30 PM »
We had a simi;ar thing happen out there years ago, but my buddy ran out in the road and stopped the would be disc snatcher before they made their getaway.

I drive an old brown truck....but it wasn't me.

We'll keep an eye out.

coops

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 07:01:06 PM »
We had a simi;ar thing happen out there years ago, but my buddy ran out in the road and stopped the would be disc snatcher before they made their getaway.

I drive an old brown truck....but it wasn't me.

We'll keep an eye out.

Likely story Tom...

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 07:29:19 PM »
not you Tom, just guessing but the truck was probably a mid eighties f-150 or maybe even a Ranger (i associate that brown with Ford but could be wrong there too), i really wasn't paying that much attention to it as it drove off.  I do remember 2-3inch tall lettering across ~80% of the back window, top and centered, but was too far away to read any of it.  The guy was medium height, slim with medium length dark hair.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 07:33:32 PM by dan howard »