Author Topic: Grand Opening Ribbon CuttingEvent May 22nd- Sponsored Blue Springs Parks and Rec  (Read 2510 times)

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
If you are unable to make it out for the Eastern Front tourney on May 23rd, here is the opportunity to show some appreciation to a tremendous parks and rec dept.  The Blue Springs Parks and Rec will have an official ribbon cutting event at 10 am on Saturday, May 22nd.   The parks and rec will be handing out free commemorative Buzzzes.  I have nothing but praise for their efforts and once again, they are going above and beyond by having some free plastic for those that come out. One DGA representative responded to me "I have never ever had a parks superintendant that has been so involved and interested in a project.  Roscoe has shown great interests and was extrememly thorough." 

We hope to have a strong showing of support for a parks dept that has been an advocate for professional course installation.  We want to continue to build upon the great alliances that we have with several surrounding parks departments.   The KCFDC is proud to have an ally like the Blue Springs Parks and Rec, who value and listen to those with experience and knowledge of disc golf.  Please join us in a celebrating the grand opening of one more course, being added to the plethora of great courses in KC. 

The parks dept has mentioned that after the opening weekend, depending on the maturation of the new seed, that there is a possibility for the baskets to be pulled.  They want to ensure that new growth is strong enough to withstand foot traffic.  So.... this is your chance to SHOW YOUR SUPPORT TO A TREMENDOUS PARKS DEPT, GET A  FREE DISC, PLAY A NEW COURSE, AND INTERACT WITH SOME NEW PLAYERS.

Hope to see a  huge group of golfers May 22nd at 10 am.

John

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
John -

I am definetely going to try to get the day off from work for this event.  I am looking forward to seeing this beautiful course.  I have heard nothing but great things, and the times that I have driven by to walk it, I have been impressed.  Thanks for all your hard work on this course (as well as Yates)...I know it is going to be great.

Van
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Is there anywhere to see who has pre registered for the tourny on the following day?

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
Sounds like a great community event, and a super way to get that practice round in ;D
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Is there anywhere to see who has pre registered for the tourny on the following day?

Eric, i will bring out a list.  just send me a text to remind me. 

Rand

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks to all who brought another quality course to the East side of KC.  I can't wait to play it on the 22nd!
Is that pedestrian carrying a disc?

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
In order to promote the Grand Opening Event on May 22nd, those who wish not to drive to DGW or pay online, i will be taking registrations on Saturday May 22nd.  I will also have an updated listed of participants.  The Grand Opening starts at 10 am on Saturday.  I would get there a little early, becuase we are anticipating a fairly large crowd.  There are  100 Buzzz and they will go to those that get there first.  If you come out for both days, you will get two commemorative discs, a shirt, a lunch, one raffle ticket (must be a KCFDC member) prizes include  XBOX, Zune, a couple baskets, and disc swag($3 for one ticket or $5 for two tickets). 

Hope to see a lot of familiar faces and a ton of new faces.

John
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 04:14:40 PM by jtheiss »

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
The Grand Opening starts at 10 pm on Saturday. 

I'm guessing this is a typo.....should be a.m. ?   :)
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile

Yup. doing too many things at once.  Thanks.  Ar you coming out Sat or Sunday

quote author=tallguy007kc link=topic=4800.msg33574#msg33574 date=1273515290]
The Grand Opening starts at 10 pm on Saturday. 

I'm guessing this is a typo.....should be a.m. ?   :)
[/quote]

Yup. doing too many things at once.  Thanks.  Are you coming out Sat or Sunday?

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
If you need any help with this also let me know. And can I get my dollar back for using the stinking pay pal crap??? Ha ha just kidding.

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile

Yup. doing too many things at once.  Thanks.  Are you coming out Sat or Sunday?

Not sure yet.  My folks are going to be in town that weekend, and am not sure I'll be able to break free yet.  Want to, but, gotta see how things go.   :)
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
John, have you notified The Examiner re: the Grand Opening or the EF tourney? I don't find it on their website anyway...

Items for "What’s Happening" must be received by noon Thursday before publication. Send information to Karl Zinke, sports editor, including daytime telephone number, to What’s Happening, Sports Dept., The Examiner, P.O. Box 459, Independence, Mo. 64051, fax it to 816-254-0211 or send by e-mail (karl.zinke@examiner.net). Please include deadline or date notice should be taken out and please indicate what sport the announcement should be listed under. Dates are subject to change. Examiner is not responsible for tryouts. Please contact people listed for detailed information. The Examiner reserves the right to edit for length and content and remove any listings.

I plan on being there fore :o  both  ;D
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

five2loves42

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
I am planning to be there for both events (and bringing a couple of newbies). This will be their first tournament.
Even a bad day on the disc-golf course beats ANY day at work! -
Tom V.

GOT D??? do u

just thought i would repost here too John in case people dont check the tourney board... Let EVERYONE know what the rules are for partying on this course since B.S.S. school is right next door... i would hate to see someone get in trouble or piss u off! THANKS

Bill

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Where can I find directions to this park?