Author Topic: Grand Opening Ribbon CuttingEvent May 22nd- Sponsored Blue Springs Parks and Rec  (Read 2496 times)

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
It's really easy to get to. 

Take I-70 East towards St Louis
Get off on Adams Dairy Parkway
Take a right. (South)
After you go underneath the railroads tracks the course will be on your left as you make your way up the hill.
Turn LEFT into the parking lot as if you were turning into the Blue Springs South Highschool Parking Lot
The park and school share entrances.  Once you have made your left turn make and immediate LEFT and follow that down to the parking lot at the absolute north end the road there. 
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

five2loves42

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
If you are GPSing, search for Blue Springs South High School. Then follow Dick's directions on were to park.
Even a bad day on the disc-golf course beats ANY day at work! -
Tom V.

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
 Saturday's weather is looking great.  Come out and show some support for a great parks and rec.  They are showing their appreciation by giving away a Buzzz.  Ceremonies start at 10 am.  i would arrive a little early to ensure that you get your disc.

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
John -

I am truly impressed with Young's Park.  I may have had a bad round out there tonight, but I like the difficulty...nowhere to go but up.  As you said, there is no other course like in the KC area.  Nice job.  See you tomorrow for the opening ceremonies. 

Van
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks to all who came out.  I think that having a 125+ crowd helps validate all my emails, calls, and meeting with  Roscoe Righter(head of parks and rec).  That was a very impressive showing and the parks had to have been feeling really proud. 

This parks dept is fully behind this course.  The course looks great right now and i promise that it will only continue to improve.  Roscoe mentioned how he felt there was a couple more years of work to be done.  Benches, shelter, more cleaning and clearing, better mowing etc will all be in the works. 

John

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
love the course! 4 under was the best score in doubles, and pars are definitely good scores on almost all the holes from the longs. what is the tornament format, all longs both rounds or scorching the short ones too?
espouse elucidation

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
all long
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

mularific

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
I was out there today, but I didn't get out there quick enough to get a disc. :(

From a beginners perspective, the course is very technical, which makes it very difficult. I am used to shooting 10+ on a course, but I didn't even come close to that today. I would like to play the course again, but perhaps when its not so muddy. Good work on the layout. I thought some of the holes used the land very well. Seemed like there was a water hazard on almost every hole.

Noob question - Obviously the ponds were OB, but what about the little streams of water that you could practically stand in. Are those considered OB?

Great work out there John!

GOT D??? do u

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
TOUGH COURSE... cant wait for it to DRY OUT... will definitely help my short game played it friday shot 12 over no birdies :'(

The dedication was cool wish Lees Summit had been smart like that maybe Legacy would be mowed better if they had!!! Glad to see a city that wants to SUPPORT DISC GOLF... with that kind of showing by DISC GOLFERS it will be HARD to say NO to course improvements, MOWING & maybe another course in BLUE SPRINGS 1 day in the future... we can only hope

I KNOW John Theiss has the most HOURS involved in this but I want to say THANKS to ALL of the people who donated their OWN time & HARD WORK to get it to this point...

I cant wait to shoot this course even..  :) then it could get UGLY ;D :o
Caleb "FOUL MOUTH" Coffman

COME, YE CHILDREN, LISTEN TO ME. I WILL TEACH YOU THE FEAR OF THE LORD  PSALMS 34:11