Author Topic: looking for SUGGESTIONS for what people want in tournament at p hill  (Read 2411 times)

GOT D??? do u

Ok here is ur chance to make suggestions for what u would like to see in a day tournament at Pleasant hill!!!

Here is what i was thinking about for my next event at Pleasant Hill/ Legacy maybe?

It could be a BYOP dubs event which has never been done at Pleasant Hill for all 3 rounds with OPEN, Advanced, rec & mixed dubs

It could remain the same as in the past singles during the day random draw dubs at night?

I am also toying with the idea of random draw dubs but the OPEN level players wouldnt be able to get paired up with another OPEN level player they would have to have an advanced or rec partner which could be fun for all involved since P.Hill isnt that LONG but that would mean both day rounds would be at P.Hill

1st round at either Legacy/ Pleasant Hill? I would like at least 1 round to be played at Legacy, this course has yet to be involved in a tournament?

But i know that a few people that live close enough to Pleasant Hill have went home between the day & glow rounds to rest, eat & SOBER up so i could see that as a problem with playing Legacy 1st then driving to P.Hill it might be better to play P.Hill 1st then drive in to Legacy for the 2nd round so we r even closer for those who want to venture home between the day & glo rounds?

We decide to just do both day rounds at P.Hill so there isnt any travel involved between the day rounds... not what i really wanna do but i wanna good turnout & we can change 10 or 11 holes between rounds!

Not sure how my dad had been paying out in the past so i will be talking to him, I know he had the club involved because Rick has brought plastic out for the Advanced & rec. divisions OPEN will be payed in cash as usual

Look forward to ur feedback would like to put 1 of these on by the end of the month will definitely b having 1 on June 26,2010

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
It would be nice to try and get Legacy in the mix.  I like the 1st round at Legacy idea.  It's only a 10-15 minute drive between there and P Hill, that would give people plenty of time for the locals to do their thing and still make it to P Hill in time for the 2nd round.

BYOP is probably best.  Personally, I don't like the idea of a competitive tournament where you don't get to at least pick your partner.  Random dubs works great for leagues, but not in this case, at least in my opinion.

five2loves42

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
I would like to see the BYOP with a mixed division (that would be day only).  Night glow could be random draw. I like the idea of "pairing" the pros with ams, feels less like donating.

I also like the idea of getting Legacy involved.

Even a bad day on the disc-golf course beats ANY day at work! -
Tom V.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
I think that with all the ratings that we have for local players, having a random pool where you have local ratings above 950 and below be a partner team, essentially an Am/Pro mixture to shake it up a bit.....all cash payout then also alleviates any need  to have extra plastic.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Yea, please use ratings as much as possible.  Too much time has gone into doing all of that work for them to go to waste!

GOT D??? do u

I like ur idea Jack But 950 could be to high for this course... I am at 937 n I play this course really well so that could get ugly if say i got lucky n drew Arturo ;D that would almost be like 2 open players getting lucky in the draw. ;D

Thanks for the feedback guys keep it coming :)http://

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
how about 36 continuous holes of alternate shot?
espouse elucidation

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
I like ur idea Jack But 950 could be to high for this course... I am at 937 n I play this course really well so that could get ugly if say i got lucky n drew Arturo ;D that would almost be like 2 open players getting lucky in the draw. ;D

...or you could draw Jack and it could be REALLY ugly.  ;D

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
how about 36 continuous holes of alternate shot?

I like this theory, and the round goes FAST, the only caveat that I would have is that you MUST alternate drives as well, regardless of who shot last.  That way you have a moer true representation of the partners drive vs. upshot scores.....

I had intially put in 930 for the rating level, but started to think that our local ratings are higher than the PDGA ratings.  SO I equivalent that a PDGA rating of 930=local 950, though I could be wrong, and I am not about to ask Timko to do an analysis on this as such.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile

What they used to do at Rosedale for Pro/Am doubles was take the whole field, look at the ratings for all that have them, and split them into A/B pool by ordering the ratings.  Sometimes those on the cusp would be in either the A or B pool (I remember alternating in consecutive months without my rating changing much).

GOT D??? do u

Re: looking for SUGGESTIONS for what people want in tournament at p hill
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 10:31:41 PM »
What do u guys think of BYOP... BUT having a cap of say 1850-1900 total player rating for both players???

Because im liking the BYOP idea more n more it has never been done out here & we could just do all 3 rounds that way... ALREADY got my partner lined up too if i decide to go this route ;D

GOT D??? do u

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 11:42:44 PM »
Nope i wouldn't do that ;D ;D ::) Don't need to on my HOME course :o

Our player rating only totals 1889 just shy of the 1900 cutoff that I'm leaning towards ;D

I dont think... SCRATCH that I KNOW MOST of the the OPEN players wouldn't like letting the lower class players getting to chose their partners & that wouldnt be fair if say Leo or Dick Parker or anyone comparable to their skill was left when it was my turn to pick I can already hear the  :'(

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 08:53:12 AM »
Having never played Legacy and P Hill last time was a few years ago (West Side Snob, yeah, yeah....) I like the idea of using both. Also, if you include glow, make P Hill second so you're already there.

If you create divisions (Open, Advanced etc) then it has to be BYOP since there are likely going to be player with no rating, that might stack a team. If you do random draw, let the :'( begin!

www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

GOT D??? do u

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 09:26:04 AM »
yes i have thought about that David but there is not much u can do if someone sneaks a ringer in under the radar... im willing to take that risk... U should really try n make it out here soon P.Hill is 1000x better since the LOVELY OLD PEOPLE threatened a few disc golfers with a SHOTGUN & we have 11 alternate pin placements now... plus legacy is getting mowed alot better now... still not good enough but better

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 09:47:18 AM »
How about a 1 disc round?