Author Topic: Jackson Park  (Read 748 times)

CHAS.

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Jackson Park
« on: May 19, 2010, 08:19:47 PM »
 The mowing in the Park sucks at best. The 18 is not bad with no mowing the grass is thin the back 9 is terrible you throw watch it land and spend 20 minutes huntin for it. I called the city managers office girl and told her  please mow the Park the city Business's was losing revenue cause Kansas City people were avoiding the Park eating lunches and drinking beverages elsewhere. Please post your feelings on this maybe I can get City officals to see this. Also maybe get 9 more baskets on the back and maybe a Tourney of some sort..

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Jackson Park
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 09:25:55 AM »
is this for Atchinson?

I doubt that you are really losing a lot of people from Kansas City for this reason.  A better reason maybe that we have 14 courses within 25 miles of downtown to play.

Its a fun course though, and I would encourage you to gain more local support to garner attention versus another municipality in an internet discussion room....

just a thought....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 10:17:16 AM »
Jackson Park in Atchison is a GREAT course...when it's mowed/recently mowed. 
Charlie, keep us up-to-date as to when they mow ~ I/we will make the trek up there to throw a round or two.
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

dclabe

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 10:45:50 AM »
I haven't played the course yet, but I'm know several KC golfers who've been up to play the course.  The feedback on this course has been positive.  However, to continue to attract out of town golfers the course will need to be in reasonably good condition.  Who's going to want to drive 30 minutes to an hour just to find out that the grass is knee high.  Keep us posted as to course conditions Charley, I'll make it up eventually.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 11:05:40 AM »
That is very true, mowing cycles that exceed 14 days are already tough to get by with here in KC, and it really becomes like Hay after 21 days, which makes it harder on the machines, and the people to enjoy the area there in Atchinson...sleepy little town with a fun course to play in...its worth the drive for sure if its maintained!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Captklank

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 11:32:22 AM »
You Guys have a Nice problem!Where I am from Due to a lack of rain most of the year.With temps in the triple didgits for about 4 months ,We dont have alot of grass.I know it is a pain to play in deep grass.But when they do mow it,WOW.
Team Ls Discs

CHAS.

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 11:30:31 AM »
About half of the front 18 was mowed Friday and all of the back 9 was mowed. The mulch is sorta thick but is playable again.  Big thanks to the City of Atchison's Park Dept.

Amando

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 04:25:13 PM »
well i can say i have heard plenty of people from KC say that they avoid that course because of the grass. i will admit i don't like to go there for that reason. another thing just because there are courses close to downtown doesn't mean they won't drive a few extra miles to enjoy a great course. i agree fully that it should be mowed more often and that if it were more people in KC and surrounding areas would go there more often.