Author Topic: Water Works Projects  (Read 1711 times)

tla06

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Water Works Projects
« on: January 01, 2006, 12:44:53 PM »
I'd like to start this topic to get a list going of projects to be done; this will include maintenance items, course improvements, layout changes, wishlists, etc.  Share your ideas and when there's a project you want to tackle, come here and post what you've done/are doing.  
I would only request that anything major and/or something that affects the way the course plays be discussed first.  Thanks.
Terry
Wind??  What wind??

max hilgers

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
#15 tee sign[PROJECT]
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 08:35:35 PM »
IT'S BROKEN, LAYING ON BENCH.NEEDS NEW PIPE AND PLACED BACK IN THE GROUND. {DONE}1/5/06

tla06

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Water Works Projects
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 09:39:27 AM »
Yesterday Bob, Max and I (mostly Bob and Max) located the exit for the basin drain in Terrapin Station, opened it up and cleaned out the four inches of @#$% on the floor.  If the the drain exit has to be located in the future, it's 154" to the left (facing the building) of the left column, lined up with the center of the column, and 31" deep.  Need to work out a drainage plan to keep the eroded dirt from washing into the Station.  Anytime you see the basin overflowing, please clear the drain.
Today Max (maybe Bob & Jamie) and I plan to install a new placement on #7; it will be to the right of the existing short placement, in the shadow of the big cottonwood.  Because of the erosion problems it creates, the existing short placement will be removed or disabled.[/b]
Wind??  What wind??

tla06

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Water Works Projects
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 10:03:09 PM »
OK, here's a list to get us started:
- Tee signs that are broken (Max is working on this- he needs a source for cheap 1" galvanized)... Dan, Pete can y'all help?

- Grass seeding (is this a bad time to do it? M. Morales has access to around 50lbs)

- Ditch drain on #5 fairway, right side.  (It's been neglected and may be completely plugged)

- There's a deep hole (6-8, 10'??)in the hillside up from the first tree on the right on #1;  this needs to be covered/plugged.  I don't know how deep, so save your energy and rocks... just plug it.  It's about 2-3' long X 10-12" wide..watch your step.  Thanks,

Terry
Wind??  What wind??

Substitution

Flags Missing & Score Cards
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 01:29:53 AM »
There are a few flags missing from select holes. Most notably #7. I cant rack my brain for the rest of them, but I'll be up there Saturday and I will make a proper list. Is this something we can fix? the wind was terrible and I couldnt tell which direction it was coming from. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: also, what would it take to have the Score Cards box filled on a regular basis. I'm sure there is some money involved in this task, and thats not my say. But having your golf stats hard-copied is wonderful.

Just my $.02

-Greg

tla06

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Water Works Projects
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 07:40:26 AM »
We're working on score cards and pencils.  Flags are added to the list.  Thanks.
Wind??  What wind??